Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    The schedule for 2021 is going to be interesting. Daytona has announced the 500 will be on Feb. 14. The Super Bowl will be in Tampa and the game is on Feb. 7, only one week apart. If both series decide to keep their dates at their normal times for East Bay and Volusia, East Bay will take place during Super Bowl week. Hotels there are already booked. What few that can still be had are high priced.
    That's interesting....

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    The schedule for 2021 is going to be interesting. Daytona has announced the 500 will be on Feb. 14. The Super Bowl will be in Tampa and the game is on Feb. 7, only one week apart. If both series decide to keep their dates at their normal times for East Bay and Volusia, East Bay will take place during Super Bowl week. Hotels there are already booked. What few that can still be had are high priced.
    Whoa, I hadn't even considered that. Interesting. I lived here in Tampa for the last Super Bowl we had in '09 and it does get super packed around the downtown area and up to the stadium.

Screw it.... bring it up to Lancaster Superspeedway in South Carolina 😀

Have to throw Bubba Raceway Park in the mix somewhere. You never know.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Bubba might be a close second to all tech but it doesn't hold a candle to East Bay. The last Lucas race there was in 2018 and the parking lot at East Bay was prepped better than the track at Bubba.
    No, Bubbas a close second to Eastbay!

The 2018 race was a heckuva race. Not sure what you were looking at! And yes, I was there in the pit stands!

It almost has to be bubbas if they are wanting to keep east bays portion in Florida.....that place is very unique and provides some pretty darn good racing.

Sounds like I'm in the minority here, but I love Screven for the racing.....place is really , really cool and will just continue to get better.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I don’t envision Lucas going back to Bubbas.

There might be something to the hotel situation next year in Tampa.

Ima Hilton Honors member and ALL 70 affiliated hotels are SOLD OUT! Wow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    No, Bubbas a close second to Eastbay!

The 2018 race was a heckuva race. Not sure what you were looking at! And yes, I was there in the pit stands!
    The 2018 version was not a good race, it had a good finish when Shepp passed Bloomer because of a late race caution. Bubbas doesn't hold a candle to East Bay and I for one have no desire to spend a week in Ocala. I was there also, did you nap for the first 45 laps, it was a one lane freight train.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    The 2018 version was not a good race, it had a good finish when Shepp passed Bloomer because of a late race caution. Bubbas doesn't hold a candle to East Bay and I for one have no desire to spend a week in Ocala. I was there also, did you nap for the first 45 laps, it was a one lane freight train.
    I think you got the wrong year hoss! Davenport won 2018!

https://lucasdirt.com/event-history/...a-raceway-park

Yep being early in the year always gets me. 2019 rain out 2018 JD 2017 Shepp

Nothing will ever replace or hold a candle to east bay........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Like I said awhile ago. East Bay is similar to Eldora and a couple other places. There's a lot of history and alot of talent has crossed through the gates over the years.

Why the hate for Screven?

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Like I said awhile ago. East Bay is similar to Eldora and a couple other places. There's a lot of history and alot of talent has crossed through the gates over the years.
    Was at East Bay this year and -rumor- was they are looking at another place to move 40 miles south of Tampa? Things can change but they are still there till 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by gator 49 View Post
    Was at East Bay this year and -rumor- was they are looking at another place to move 40 miles south of Tampa? Things can change but they are still there till 2024.
    Not a thing. They had looked at the old DeSoto speedway property for about eight seconds, but it's now purchased and not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by luke81 View Post
    Not a thing. They had looked at the old DeSoto speedway property for about eight seconds, but it's now purchased and not an option.
    The new owner of Desoto is not going to use the racetrack. Said he's interested in someone leasing the track!

I believe he was the only one who put a bid in on it. If true then that rules out East Bay having any interest in it during that time it was available
    Last edited by NeedforLMspeed; 02-26-2020 at 05:51 PM.

Desoto raceway was bought by a youtuber to basically use as his own "movie studio/lot" and rent out to other videographers.
    https://youtu.be/25Iy2DqMMQg

No hate for screven. Great track shape with a fantastic surface, 2 groove racing, and that's as far as it goes. The place could be a premiere facility if they'd put some effort into making any kind of improvements.