Thread: Dream weekend

Default Dream weekend

Planning on going to eldora for the dream for the first time this year. Anyone have any suggestions on where to stay. Camping isnt really an option for us so really looking for hotel suggestions

Click on the World 100 info thread just below this. Its full of hotel information, no reason to duplicate it.

Celina is just north, has a nice lake, but I've had less than stellar stays at one of the hotels there. Anymore, I stay in Van Wert, which is about 45 minutes north. They have a couple of decent, fair priced hotels which usually have rooms available. But I also come from the exact opposite direction as you (assuming you're from the WV area), so maybe there's something east of the track that would better suit you.

I have been to Eldora 3 full weekends. First 2 I stayed at a Hotel in Sidney. Cant remember if it's 30 or 45 mins away sorry. It's a decent hotel for what you pay for. The 3rd time i rented a camper and rolled up to speedy campground Thursday morning. I strongly recommend looking into RVSHARE. There is actually a handful of guys who live within a few miles from the track on there. I spent about $100 more the whole weekend renting an RV (that was nicer than a hotel room) than i did for the hotel. Granted I still had a great time my 1st 2 trips but you really miss out on the Eldora experience by not staying there. Everyone who has camped there knows exactly what I'm talking about.