Default Modoc Xtreme, Sat, 2/29

Strongest field of SLM at Modoc in my memory expected Saturday.

Overton
    Whitener
    Madden
    Davenport
    McDowell
    Bailes
    Mitchell
    Rambo
    Pursley
    Ferguson
    Ivey
    GR Smith
    Pearson Lee Williams
    Strickler
    Robeson
    Parkhurst
    Connor
    Knight
    And MANY MORE!

Plus 604 and 602 LMs, Stock V8.

Nice list! We already had this one on our schedule, but even more excited about it now. Can’t wait to get to ‘The Doc’ tomorrow. Remember it’s an earlier than usual start — gates open at 1:00, and hot lapping starts at 4:00.

Brent Dixon
    Casey Roberts
    Tyler Millwood

Rootin for the " bandit".......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Tonight’s show has been a complete joke so far. More caution laps than anything. Trying to run the SLM feature now. Track is so dusty in 3 and 4 that you absolutely cannot see. JD started and then went to the pits.

After 2 laps green and about 15 caution, drivers said conditions were too bad in 3 and 4. Cars stopped on track and water track is at work in 3 and 4.

I've never seen a race where they watered the track in the middle of it.
    Anyone else?

If you aren't there or watching on TV, there is zero exaggeration, you could not see from 3&4 to the flag stand for the dust stirred up.
    "The Wise One"

It was the same way in the heats

Is Modoc usually that bad? (Both dust and being single groove)
    "The Wise One"

The race they had there in November was a lot better than that one. This race was hard to watch to be honest. The best thing about it was seeing PLW get his first super win with that kind of competition.

Reminded me of Wilmot in the past

It is not. They had 3.5 inches of rain during the week. It rained again on Thursday. Then the wind blew 20 mph all day Friday. They worked and watered all night after Friday's practice. Then the wind blew 20 mph all morning and day on Saturday coupled with the sun and starting in the daylight. They watered the track 25 minutes before hotlaps again. It was a combo that was just too hard to overcome. But they did put in the effort. The infield was still muddy in some areas from all the rain. That was also why turn 3 kept building a rut. All the moisture beneath kept it soft. Once they re-watered the berm in 3 and 4 it was much better. The supers were diving into the bottom to go below the rut in 3 and clipping the berm which was dried out. That was what made so much of the heavy dust in the first 2 laps of the feature. The last 2 races there last year were really good shows. I hate to see them have that happen because they worked hard to have a good track and it just didn't work out with the weather.

My seat was just past the flag stand, and only 5 or 6 rows from the bottom. I never got a speck of dust on me the whole night. It was odd. So dusty in 3-4 that a couple big name drivers pulled off. Dusty in 1-2 also, to a lesser degree. But the dusty turns made everyone go low and turned the track into a bottom lane train. Everyone involved in putting this show together and prepping the track, put in 100% effort — but sometimes the weather rules. The combination of sun and wind (mostly wind) made it impossible to get the track right. I’ve been to Modoc 5 or 6 times. This was the only time I left disappointed, but it’s dirt racing. It happens.

Sounds like days of old! Sat with Leebo and a crowd he came with from the Charleston area once and it was so dusty, all of them got up and went home 10 laps into the feature. Went another time by myself. When I got home, I shook out my clothes and was able to plant a corn crop on the dirt I had brought home.

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    Sounds like days of old! Sat with Leebo and a crowd he came with from the Charleston area once and it was so dusty, all of them got up and went home 10 laps into the feature. Went another time by myself. When I got home, I shook out my clothes and was able to plant a corn crop on the dirt I had brought home.
    lol that made me laugh. i bring goggles every track i go to now, hoping i don't use them but glad i have them if i need them

I wonder how many bushels per acre he got outta that corn crop...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    I wonder how many bushels per acre he got outta that corn crop...
    Probly about 200, but tasted like tire prep!