Default Speedweek's Revisited

I know we're just a tad bit tardy with this subject but we've been out of the 4m loop since the Daytona 500. This subject is, for the most part a dead horse, but a few wrinkles that have surfaced in the past only to rear it's ugly head yet again.

The amount of money pissed away and the heightened possibility of injury and death due to NASCAR's silly and highly unsafe gimmick of extending races past the advertised distance is astounding. We all know the reason for the GWC policy being enacted was to appease a crowd full of intoxicated hillbillies who threw unopened cans of beer at the 24 car and onto the racetrack in reaction to Jeff Gordon beating Earnhardt Jr. at Talledaga due to a race finishing under yellow.

The GWC policy should be done away with immediately given the wrecks that ensued in the Busch Clash and the horrible wreck that was precipitated by the GWC policy in the 500 at Daytona. Throw the yellow, let the race end at it's advertised distance and let the chips fall where they may instead of putting the lives of both drivers and spectators in grave danger, all because of a bunch of drunken hillbillies might not be happy with the outcome!! NASCAR, and racing in general, got lucky yet again with Mr. Newman receiving non-life threatening injuries. Next time might not be so lucky, especially if a car ends up in a position where spectators are put in grave danger or killed due to something as stupid as the demand for races to end like a bunch of drunken hillbillies want them to!!

Who else believes this stupid policy that exponentially increases the possibility of injury and/or death should stop before racing takes another step towards total extinction. If one of the democrat candidates for president is somehow elected (and don't kid yourself into thinking that can't happen) it is a cinch a total ban would be on the table in reaction to an avoidable death of a driver/drivers or multiple deaths or serious injuries to spectators!!

Recurve/Raceready to the white courtesy phone please! Recurve/Raceready, please pick up the courtesy phone!

WellStart by getting rid of the stupid yellow line rule

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    WellStart by getting rid of the stupid yellow line rule
    I don't totally disagree with you Rajflyboy. However, as a whole, the double yellow line rule hasn't caused the needless destruction of race cars and injured drivers like the dangerous policy of demanding that races end under yellow flag conditions! The double yellow line rule has, in fact, caused many teams to be taken completely out of contention for seemingly meaningless infractions. In other words, teams have been penalized out of any chance of a good finish for what appeared to be a move that really didn't give the perpetrator much of an advantage or was in any way unsafe.

Bad Brad and Carl Edwards had some crazy finishes with this yellow line rule and with nascar penalizing drivers (without the name Jr) and that started the wreck/block finishes at the plate tracks (to avoid penalties)

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I don't totally disagree with you Rajflyboy. However, as a whole, the double yellow line rule hasn't caused the needless destruction of race cars and injured drivers like the dangerous policy of demanding that races end under yellow flag conditions! The double yellow line rule has, in fact, caused many teams to be taken completely out of contention for seemingly meaningless infractions. In other words, teams have been penalized out of any chance of a good finish for what appeared to be a move that really didn't give the perpetrator much of an advantage or was in any way unsafe.
    None penalized with the name Jr or Danica. Lol

Bad Brad and Carl Edwards had some crazy finishes with this yellow line rule and with nascar penalizing drivers (without the name Jr) and that started the wreck/block finishes at the plate tracks (to avoid penalties)
    I have to admit that I don't follow NASCAR like I once did, following the career of Kyle Larson, Christopher Bell, Chase Brisco, et al being the exception's, so I could be off base here but I really don't recall all that many wild finishes involving Keselowski and Edwards at the plate tracks where the double yellow line is in play. Please straighten my out on this if I'm in error.

None penalized with the name Jr or Danica. Lol
    This comment and the fact I attended the final 180 laps of this years' Daytona 500 for the first time since before ol' arnhead bit the wall for the last time brought back some memories concerning Jr. I love Earnhardt Jr. I think he was, is and always will be a class act and a great guy with abundant class, dignity and manners that he no doubt learned in military school. I've always gravitated to those types of sports figures. He does a he!! of a good job in the booth, as well!

But, I attended the 2001 July night race at Daytona and saw ol' Jr. pass car after car following a late race restart without any drafting help whatsoever. He somehow found himself several rows back on the final restart. It was like he had 50 more horsepower than anyone else. Needless to say a lotta' folks walked out of DIS that night shaking their heads along with a couple of drivers who were a part of that race! Lotta' folks were dumbfounded at that performance. That having been said there always was the feelings among anyone who wasn't a diehard Jr. fan that he mighta' had the favor of NASCAR a bit more than most everyone else. Although, I don't think he had NASCAR/Billy France Jr. anywhere near as deep in his pocket as his daddy did!

Danica? She sat on the pole (no pun intended!) at Daytona but when the traffic got heavy she seemed to need all the help she could get, and then some.

being as im one of them drunkin hillbilly,s , and by the way cirf the guy that got banned from ever coming to talladega again for throwing a full beer at gordon was from northern ohio , i would like to see them do away with the bottom section of bleachers , put up a better retaining system and let them run what they brung as far as suspension and engine go , keep the body looking like a car though , now i would pay triple ticket price to see that , and if your skeered , find something else to do ,

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    being as im one of them drunkin hillbilly,s , and by the way cirf the guy that got banned from ever coming to talladega again for throwing a full beer at gordon was from northern ohio
    You're one of the drunken hillbillies who threw full beer cans at Gordo? Hmmmm. That's an accomplishment to be proud of!

There should have been about another couple thousand banned for life. And, I really don't care if the full beer chucker's are from the North Pole they're still POS drunken hillbilly's and they all should have been banned from NASCAR races of any kind 'till they go to jail for being terminally stupid or for life, whichever comes first!
    Last edited by CIRF; 03-04-2020 at 11:14 AM.

being as im one of them drunkin hillbilly,s , and by the way cirf the guy that got banned from ever coming to talladega again for throwing a full beer at gordon was from northern ohio , i would like to see them do away with the bottom section of bleachers , put up a better retaining system and let them run what they brung as far as suspension and engine go , keep the body looking like a car though , now i would pay triple ticket price to see that , and if your skeered , find something else to do ,
    Tain't SKEERED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

never said i threw any thing ,but i was there and probably drinking , you made that false statement assuming it was all hill billy,s , im pretty sure there was a few clod hoppers throwing some as well , try googling assume and read the definition.....better yet , let me give you the hill billy definition , it will make a AZZ out of U and ME , couldn't type the S,es but you get the idea , dont you ?

never said i threw any thing ,but i was there and probably drinking , you made that false statement assuming it was all hill billy,s , im pretty sure there was a few clod hoppers throwing some as well , try googling assume and read the definition.....better yet , let me give you the hill billy definition , it will make a AZZ out of U and ME , couldn't type the S,es but you get the idea , dont you ?
    I'm well aware of the literal definition of assume.

The way to avoid any ambiguity in regards to whether you're a beer chucking drunken hillbilly as opposed to just a drunken hillbilly is to simply express that you weren't part of the ignorance. Be precise if your averse to erroneous assumptions.

Whatever the literal definition of hill billy is I'm sure it's a huge source of pride for those who fancy themselves as such. I have no illusions along those lines but you get the idea, don't you?! LOL!

Any clod hopper's chucking full beer cans are equally ignorant and stupid as anyone else doing the same. Ignorant and stupid cross the full spectrum of society. That is a fact.

It would be a common FOOL that wouldn't AGREE with you ! ! Nothing MORE and nothing LESS ! ! ! ! !