Default North georgia speedway reserves the right to adjust

LIKE EVERY OTHER TRACK IN AMERICA, * NORTH GEORGIA SPEEDWAY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADJUST / ALTER / CHANGE PURSES AT ANY TIME. (THIS INCLUDES RAISING / LOWERING A PURSE DUE TO NEW SPONSORSHIPS, INCLEMENT WEATHER, ETC.)

I don't think "every" track does this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    LIKE EVERY OTHER TRACK IN AMERICA, * NORTH GEORGIA SPEEDWAY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADJUST / ALTER / CHANGE PURSES AT ANY TIME. (THIS INCLUDES RAISING / LOWERING A PURSE DUE TO NEW SPONSORSHIPS, INCLEMENT WEATHER, ETC.)

I don't think "every" track does this.
    Lol.

Set it up like some do, if car count is this, pay is this, and so on. And it’s that way all year. But to basically say whenever we feel like we will do whatever we want, good luck. Kinda getting off on the wrong foot.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Did they switch to running go karts instead of cars?.......that sounds very kart-ish.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

LIKE EVERY OTHER RACER IN AMERICA, * I RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADJUST / ALTER / CHANGE WHAT I PAY FOR PIT PASS/ENTRY FEE AT ANY TIME. (THIS INCLUDES RAISING / LOWERING A PIT PASS/ENTRY FEE DUE TO NEW SPONSORSHIPS, INCLEMENT WEATHER, ETC.

What is fair for one side is fair for the other.
    Last edited by petesbuyin; 02-29-2020 at 06:58 AM.
    A droop rule is like infield tractor tires, everyone knows it's stupid, but they still keep doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by petesbuyin View Post
    LIKE EVERY OTHER RACER IN AMERICA, * I RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADJUST / ALTER / CHANGE WHAT I PAY FOR PIT PASS/ENTRY FEE AT ANY TIME. (THIS INCLUDES RAISING / LOWERING A PIT PASS/ENTRY FEE DUE TO NEW SPONSORSHIPS, INCLEMENT WEATHER, ETC.

What is fair for one side is fair for the other.
    Guess I’m not following you here? Implying it’s good to do this?
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

chub n bloomer fan: Guess I’m not following you here? Implying it’s good to do this?
    No I don't see it as fair or a good thing to do.

If a promotor can decide the amount they are going to pay the purse at any time (even after the race is run), the racer should be able to decide how much he is going to pay for a pit pass/entry fee.

Promotors say they need to do this because they are taking all the risk. If they have bad weather they could lose a few thousand dollars. The racer is taking a much greater risk every time a race car enters the track. What was once a $100,000 race car could become a $1000 piece of scrap metal in seconds. That is not to mention the risk of injury.

There is a large financial risk taken by both sides. The promotor should NOT be able to shift that risk from himself onto the racer at will.
    A droop rule is like infield tractor tires, everyone knows it's stupid, but they still keep doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by petesbuyin View Post
    No I don't see it as fair or a good thing to do.

If a promotor can decide the amount they are going to pay the purse at any time (even after the race is run), the racer should be able to decide how much he is going to pay for a pit pass/entry fee.

Promotors say they need to do this because they are taking all the risk. If they have bad weather they could lose a few thousand dollars. The racer is taking a much greater risk every time a race car enters the track. What was once a $100,000 race car could become a $1000 piece of scrap metal in seconds. That is not to mention the risk of injury.

There is a large financial risk taken by both sides. The promotor should NOT be able to shift that risk from himself onto the racer at will.
    Gotcha man. Agree.

Except I do believe in the droop rule, though, enforcing the rules that already exist is a start too.

Question for some of the North Georgia regulars that can probably answer this for me. Back in 2012 I believe it was we came over there in July for the southern nationals race and when we was pulling into the track there was some people at a residence on the left flagging us down and said we could park in their yard for $5 well we elected to pass them up on their offer and go on up the hill to the track. Back to my original question. Is these people connected with the track owners or affiliated with the track in anyway ?

Brushcreek does this, and they hardly ever draw a full field of cars in any class except the legends. It also leads to no one being in the stands.

I drive right by the place every basically weekend because I'm a firm believer in getting what you pay for. I'll drive to PRP, florence, or atomic because I know I'm going to get to watch more 9 cars run. They are the only track around, besides go kart tracks that pay on a percentage. It must be working because they keep opening year after year some how.

I know its an asphalt track but Shadybowl Speedway in De Graff, Ohio pays based on car count. They add anywhere from $200 to the winner all the way down to an extra $20 to start if they have 18 cars or more in a class and they pay $40 or $50 tow money and the heats all pay money and they have money paying fast dashes. Seems to work cause i think late models had 18 or so a night and mods were 15 or so and stocks around 16 but mini stocks had 24. Not bad for a track that is the only asphalt weekly track in like 90 miles.

At least they’ve made this announcement publicly, there have been plenty of tracks that have cut purses because of car counts without telling anybody it could happen beforehand
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I always laugh at these promotors crying, first off, you bought a race track because you enjoy the sport. 2nd you promotors love to cry I'm not making money. CASH business, show a loss every year or the line oh I just broke even. The IRS should show up with a counter and compare it to what they say comes thru the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by One Man Gang View Post
    Question for some of the North Georgia regulars that can probably answer this for me. Back in 2012 I believe it was we came over there in July for the southern nationals race and when we was pulling into the track there was some people at a residence on the left flagging us down and said we could park in their yard for $5 well we elected to pass them up on their offer and go on up the hill to the track. Back to my original question. Is these people connected with the track owners or affiliated with the track in anyway ?
    Nope......

NGS full payout has two different levels based on car count and is listed completely on their site.
    Last edited by B_K; 02-29-2020 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    Nope......

NGS full payout has two different levels based on car count and is listed completely on their site.
    Then why’d they post this? I honestly , not that it matters, have no issue with a tiered pay off.

It would suck as a driver, but if you can put on a good show, and gain cars, you’ll get the top purse.

Track where I grew up does this, and it has worked. Plus totally redid their surface.

CnB, no clue why that was posted. Just stating what I saw when I looked at their site.

The OP just was never going there and was just being consistent with the SOS as always anyway.

Easy solution,,,, no racers go,which will result in no fans and the purse will not matter???? I would be ashamed in business to promote a product (race is a sold product) but couldn’t guarantee a price????? LOL. This is part of racing issues, everyone thinks they can be a promoter, but not everyone is qualified to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    CnB, no clue why that was posted. Just stating what I saw when I looked at their site.

The OP just was never going there and was just being consistent with the SOS as always anyway.
    I shoulda added another sentence, saying, I’m sure you have no idea. It just kinda seems outta the blue.

There’s a lot of tracks doing it now, and if it is written down, then is what it is.

Some attorneys advise their clients to publicly post this to cover their ass from driver's filing a petty lawsuit.

Believe me no promoter goes into this business trying to get rich. Not today anyway.

During my promoting years I got "rich" and I got poor... Poor isn't as good.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019