Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is it more important to have a great car or a great driver?

http://insidecircletrack.com/2020/03...-great-driver/

I get comments and questions about this quite often. And it seems to be more of a hot topic in dirt racing than in any other form of motorsports.

Today's racing, I'll pick great car.

I’ll say the Car also. I’ve seen very good drivers hop in someone else’s car and not good. Probably something to do with set up but they did not look good.

Car for sure,these cars don't spin out,best car and setup wins,Easy to drive hardly move your hands,not like days it looked like the drivers were swatting bees.

Definitely the car. And unfortunately, there's a lot more talented drivers than there are bigtime rides.

this is why you are seeing mediocre drivers flying , there buying the best cars and the set up to go along with it , which brings us back to the original question thats been asked on here time and time again , " whats wrong with late model dirt racing ? ".....

saw mike harrison jump in a B-mod couple years back at lasalle, spun out and couldn't pass a car all night. Driver is nothing without right setup/equipment

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    saw mike harrison jump in a B-mod couple years back at lasalle, spun out and couldn't pass a car all night. Driver is nothing without right setup/equipment
    On the other hand, I have watched Ricky Thornton Jr. jump in someone else's car & do magical things. Running with the leaders at the WWSO this year in a 4 year old car. Watched him drive someone's b-mod & dominate, Jumps in Hudson O'Neal's ride & wins a qualifier for the World 100, Gets in the 99 car at the dome(only been in the car maybe twice, & drives to the front multiple nights. A really good driver can make up the difference of a lacking car. Question really is................................................ ..............................Would you rather have a driver or a really good setup guru????

I'll take a $1000 for...….Is it more important to have a great car or a great driver?

And the answer is...…….Bshep/Rocket 1

Quote Originally Posted by 0_VodooChild_0 View Post
    On the other hand, I have watched Ricky Thornton Jr. jump in someone else's car & do magical things. Running with the leaders at the WWSO this year in a 4 year old car. Watched him drive someone's b-mod & dominate, Jumps in Hudson O'Neal's ride & wins a qualifier for the World 100, Gets in the 99 car at the dome(only been in the car maybe twice, & drives to the front multiple nights. A really good driver can make up the difference of a lacking car. Question really is................................................ ..............................Would you rather have a driver or a really good setup guru????
    These days it's much harder to do that. An old car really is behind.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

To have a great car you have to spend big bucks. You better have a great drive. Both needed to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Lennylinda View Post
    To have a great car you have to spend big bucks. You better have a great drive. Both needed to win.
    Your dollar spend can be greatly reduced with know how.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I know a driver who, if put in the Rocket house car, would manage to put Mark Richards out of business. I would take the great driver every day, without question.

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    I know a driver who, if put in the Rocket house car, would manage to put Mark Richards out of business. I would take the great driver every day, without question.
    A competent driver, in a car with a real technical advantage, will win lots of races. Of course, there are idiots that can win in nothing. I take these debates to mean the baseline driver is a competent driver.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Your dollar spend can be greatly reduced with know how.
    or can be greatly increased if you have to buy that know how , which i feel is is whats happening way more now a days......

You have to have both.

In todays world, The car is 70%, driver is 30% or less.

Wouldn't Bobby Pierce be the answer to this question? The Pierce car isn't considered an elite car, is it? Not trying to put their cars down in any way, just I feel it is a good car with a great driver. God that hurts to say. LOL

If you want to win consistently, you absolutely need both.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

luck plays a part but driver for me over car if I could have a choice