Default How do PPV broadcasts impact race attendance?

https://insidedirtracing.com/turn-2-...ce-attendance/

Does the added exposure for tracks and series outweigh the possibility of fans staying at home to watch?

nothing replaces being at the track

Gotta help good tracks and educate folks on tracks that aren't good. Example: watched several youtube videos from Cherokee this year, and I'm less than impressed. Whole Lotta unusable racetrack.

if i can get to the track i will not be watching on PPV
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Streaming is an opportunity to show what you can do to a bigger audience and make people want to come to your track for bigger events if they are within reason to do so, or longer travel for the right event.
    But if you have a poorly ran and maintained track, that's going to be shown to the world; and just like that people will say, I am never going there.

It seems we have enough evidence that it is not a drag on attendance for big and series races. And it seems to drum up excitement for series in general. (Less so track specific.)

What it can be a drag on is weekly and the bi-weekly tracks running against a marquee event hundreds of miles away. With the expense of racing and less cars weekly, less good cars weekly, it's easier for fans (who's expendable income is in flux) to say I'll just stay home and watch Fairbury or World of Outlaws on TV.

It could be an exaggerator for another issue that no one was interested in addressing with cost of racing and how it affects your pool from different levels.
    "The Wise One"

Is Cherokee called the place your momma warned you about because the racing is so bad and she told you that?

Quote Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
    Streaming is an opportunity to show what you can do to a bigger audience and make people want to come to your track for bigger events if they are within reason to do so, or longer travel for the right event. But if you have a poorly ran and maintained track, that's going to be shown to the world; and just like that people will say, I am never going there. It seems we have enough evidence that it is not a drag on attendance for big and series races. And it seems to drum up excitement for series in general. (Less so track specific.) What it can be a drag on is weekly and the bi-weekly tracks running against a marquee event hundreds of miles away. With the expense of racing and less cars weekly, less good cars weekly, it's easier for fans (who's expendable income is in flux) to say I'll just stay home and watch Fairbury or World of Outlaws on TV. It could be an exaggerator for another issue that no one was interested in addressing with cost of racing and how it affects your pool from different levels.
    100% agree... im not gonna stay home from my local track to watch it online however i will stay home to watch a big race from elsewhere that i cant physically attend. ive also got quite a few tracks on my bucket list due to streaming and a few that i may avoid after watching online

I don't know for sure anymore, but I was told that the track got a "break" or refund on the sanction and other fees when on national ppv. From someone I completely trust! From another person, a different track got a % from ppv sales. I do not think the tracks get absolutely nothing from being broadcast!

But Cherokee had a good race Sunday with no dust. So some videos or PPVs that are bad don't mean it always will be.

I think Bloomer said in an interview that when tv gets involved dirt racing with go to the next level …. I assume he is referring to Nascar …. The moneys from he ppv or subscriptions are peanuts compared to what Big money sponsors pay for a 30 second clip on prime time channels …. Look at what Bloomberg spent in a few months ….
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

To answer the initial question, I don't think PPV has any impact on race attendance. Everyone I know who watches PPV does so because the race is too far away. They never watch PPV when the race is close by.