Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gumby_32d View Post
    I called this one in the 2020 prediction thread that someone would leave bloomquist cars.... I thought McDowell would be the one leaving first though..
    Why would McDowell? He even rents a shop from Bloomquist

Quote Originally Posted by gumby_32d View Post
    I called this one in the 2020 prediction thread that someone would leave bloomquist cars.... I thought McDowell would be the one leaving first though..
    He runs like a scalded freight train in one though..... fast on most occasions with he and his brother, they make a wicked good team together.

Bloomquist may just want to be by himself again, that's how he likes it and is better anyway.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I don't think Fergy necessarily struggles in one. He just has a lot of bad breaks and bad luck it seems. McDowell, Madden, Bloomquist and Weiss is a tough bunch right there. You know they're a threat to win wherever they show up

Blows my mind these guys spend 30-40k at the drop of hat to get different stuff rather than actually working and tuning on their cars. Welcome to the next level

There is only 2 chassis out there that you can pick up the phone and get good support from, Rocket and Longhorn. They both have the knowledge from racers running there products that is a constant cycle of information. You are not going to get that from SBR in my opinion, I think it's a main reason why they switched to rockets. I'm just wondering if the folks in WV didn't want to see one of there Bloomquist cars ?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    There is only 2 chassis out there that you can pick up the phone and get good support from, Rocket and Longhorn. They both have the knowledge from racers running there products that is a constant cycle of information. You are not going to get that from SBR in my opinion, I think it's a main reason why they switched to rockets. I'm just wondering if the folks in WV didn't want to see one of there Bloomquist cars ?
    They tried that before and it didn’t work for them. I think they got a great product now and don’t need to do that.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    I don't think Fergy necessarily struggles in one. He just has a lot of bad breaks and bad luck it seems. McDowell, Madden, Bloomquist and Weiss is a tough bunch right there. You know they're a threat to win wherever they show up
    Fergy just must not work in them. It’s always maintenance stuff that breaks with him. And Scott’s cars are known for being sturdier.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Drop Shock View Post
    Blows my mind these guys spend 30-40k at the drop of hat to get different stuff rather than actually working and tuning on their cars. Welcome to the next level
    I think it’s because somebody like the Scott’s wants the help. Legitimately wants to run up front and get good support.

And when you’re spending what they are, they should get it. That’s why ya choose Scott, you get his vast experience, and knowledge. Well, that’s what they’ll sell you you’ll get.

But notoriously not the case. And they want the support, so after awhile ya say fuk this and you move on. I don’t blame them. I’d go with either Rocket or Longhorn myself. Rocket because they are closer probably.

McDowell leaving would hurt Bloomquist Shane McDowell is one sharp cookie don't think for a minute they are not feeding off his knowledge.One reason I along with others think McDowell is better right now is he ran a lot of Ray Cook series races where droop rule was in effect last yr so he's a little ahead.

Fergy just must not work in them. It’s always maintenance stuff that breaks with him. And Scott’s cars are known for being sturdier.Ditto i don't know that Scott's cars are any sturdier than the next. But Ferguson has had just about everything and they've all been plagued by the same issues. 9 out of 10 times when a guy says a shock broke. It should've said a shock fell off and got broke

I think a big part of it is service. If you knock the clip off a bloomer car and have to take it to Scott's to be repaired, you may not see it again for 6 months. They couldn't get Scott or Madden new cars built last year. I don't know about Rocket but Longhorn turns repair jobs around very quickly. Doesn't matter how good your product is, if there is no service, it's not good.

Customer service is no 1 Mark Richards may be a jerk but from what I read Their customer service is great.

Does any of us REALLY know what kinda service Bloomer gives? Until I hear a driver comment, Ill assume its just rumors!

Quote Originally Posted by JM15 View Post
    I think a big part of it is service. If you knock the clip off a bloomer car and have to take it to Scott's to be repaired, you may not see it again for 6 months. They couldn't get Scott or Madden new cars built last year. I don't know about Rocket but Longhorn turns repair jobs around very quickly. Doesn't matter how good your product is, if there is no service, it's not good.
    Yep, thats Bloomers weak link. After Bronson and Davenport tangled at East Bay this year lots of stuff needed repaired/replaced. Bronson ordered a new car that night. Saw him post over a week ago heading back to Florida with a new roller on an open trailer behind the toter home. Thats while Mark and Steve were still in Florida. JD said his chassis was being sent back for a trip to the jig. I'd bet they have that car back by now.

It's funny that people have McDowell leaving Bloomer; still fresh over a win in one of his cars! LOL!

My buddy told me bloomer said in an interview that the scott boys had older stuff …. Im just repeating what I heard …
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Stormy has had success in a late model when he was teamed up with Jimmy Owens a few years back.I don’t remember if they were in the Club 29 cars or still in the Team Zero cars, but he won a race or two in Arizona at the Wild West races. And I think it came down to the last race to decide the points for the series and he lost to Owens.

As far as frame work service goes if you bend a clip on say Friday night and call rocket Saturday morning they will tell you what you need to remove to get it ready. Then you show up when they open the doors on Monday. You will be back on the road heading home with your repaired car a little after lunch. Now naturally if three other people need clips the logistics may change a little but that's how it typically goes. Also alot of rocket dealers do frame repairs and offer similar turn around

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Why not? They can wheel cars. Personally I think Johnny is better. They are just new to late models and need support.
    Amen! It’s not like they’re trying this at a local level. What they’ve done, in their initial efforts in — not just cars with fenders, not just late models, not just supers, not just regional supers ... but supers on the highest level — has been amazing. I’ve enjoyed it.

Then everyone will enjoy the same amazing results in the new cars......great they are doing what they love and can afford.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????