Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Stormy and Johnny Scott chassis change

Supposedly they've jumped ship from the Tennessee compound, taken their money up the road to Shinnston and ordered 4 new cars.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Supposedly they've jumped ship from the Tennessee compound, taken their money up the road to Shinnston and ordered 4 new cars.
    I can’t believe it took this long. I’d say it’s true.

Scott is sitting on a great opportunity if he’d get his crap together. But he hasn’t, and they aren’t churning out new cars.

With the money they were spending, they shoulda been at the top with support. Don’t think that was nearly the case. We know Rocket has great support, plus a bunch of guys you can bounce ideas off of.

Good for them, hope they do better.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

They aren’t afraid of throwing money around that’s for sure. But I heard this a couple weeks ago wasn’t sure if it were true or not. Can’t say I blame them for doing it.

Scott brothers appear to be well-funded. Is there a family business involved with their racing?

Their results won't change.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Mams View Post
    Scott brothers appear to be well-funded. Is there a family business involved with their racing?
    Grandma is a big time rancher. Chassis change is true.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Not sure in this case but sometimes its the Indian, not the arrow....

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Their results won't change.
    Why not? They can wheel cars. Personally I think Johnny is better. They are just new to late models and need support.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Stormy improved as the year went on last season. I can see him being a threat down the road if he gets the rockets to his liking.

With Bloomquist swapping series he would no longer be in the pits for support if their intent is to stay with Lucas, might be a consideration. Seem to recall they changed around some with their modified programs as well.
    I hate time trials.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Why not? They can wheel cars. Personally I think Johnny is better. They are just new to late models and need support.
    I agree with everything you said.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

There seems to be a perception from some that Rocket teams "share" info and help each other. Is that really true?

I tend to be a believer that a good driver/team will make any chassis fast (Owens, Davenport, T-Mac to an extent, Madden, McDowell), while others lack any consistency and have ups and downs no matter what chassis they are in.

I don't expect Johnny and Stormy to be any faster in the long run in Rockets.

Quote Originally Posted by kazual View Post
    With Bloomquist swapping series he would no longer be in the pits for support if their intent is to stay with Lucas, might be a consideration. Seem to recall they changed around some with their modified programs as well.
    The terms Bloomer and support do not belong in the same sentence. Scott might offer some set up knowledge at the track but they have no factory support available to drivers. Scott, Chris, Cody and the gang had more closed door meetings in Florida then they had top 5 finishes. Wonder if the Scotts or Fergy were privy to those?

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    They can wheel the heck out of cars no doubt.....I just don't think switching chassis right now this early in their late model program is going to improve their results one bit this year or even next.

Thus my statement.....their results won't change.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I don’t know how much thier results will improve, but I do look for them to become a little more consistent.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

think johnny had a 4th place in the world last year, might want to bring one bloomer car to eldora in the trailer

Quote Originally Posted by kazual View Post
    Last I heard stormy planned on running Lucas and johnny was just gonna run wherever. They have became pretty good buddies with terbo over the last few months as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    think johnny had a 4th place in the world last year, might want to bring one bloomer car to eldora in the trailer
    That was stormy

yep my bad, think johnny made the race if not mistaken

I called this one in the 2020 prediction thread that someone would leave bloomquist cars.... I thought McDowell would be the one leaving first though..