Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: oil

Maybe, maybe not. No one knows how long this crisis will last, Will it be a matter of weeks or will it be months? I hope it does make a comeback, but at this point it doesn't look good.

Gold standard. No more unlimited printing fiat paper.

Quote Originally Posted by STRONGERTHANDIRT View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. No one knows how long this crisis will last, Will it be a matter of weeks or will it be months? I hope it does make a comeback, but at this point it doesn't look good.
    Someone knows ............just watch and see !

Market trips circuit breaker again, down 2200points. SHUT IT DOWN!!!

(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word), another big drop in markets today.

Filled all of my gasoline and diesel fuel storage today. Regular gasoline was $1.80/gal. and the diesel fuel was $2.30/gal. The diesel doesn't have road tax or sales tax added due to the fact that most of the diesel I burn is for off road purposes. Given the volume of storage I filled I figure I saved in the neighborhood of $1500.00 compared to if I'd filled everything just a month ago.

This is a minor silver lining to a disastrous situation.

(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word), another big drop in markets today.
    I don't recall you giving these same enthusiastic reports when the market was going the other way.......strange that you can't find the gumption to post and discuss positives but trip all over yourself to get on the net to report on the negatives.

That would lead some folks to come to a collusion.......whoops, meant conclusion.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    I don't recall you giving these same enthusiastic reports when the market was going the other way.......strange that you can't find the gumption to post and discuss positives but trip all over yourself to get on the net to report on the negatives.

That would lead some folks to come to a collusion.......whoops, meant conclusion.
    Odd that I have never seen you say anything negative about Trump.

You should read more and talk less then.....even though there hasn't been a lot of negatives to talk about, it's there.

Maybe because it's falling more than it's rising. When it has several days of gains I'll be the first one to praise it gaining back the massive losses of the past couple of weeks. This situation is very scary to people my age. The money we have there is what we rely on in the coming years. I'm guessing you are fairly young and don't have the same concerns. The market should rebound, it always has, but I will probably never regain the losses. Now I know you will have some smart aleck reply and that's fine. We agree to disagree.

My point is that you seem to have no issue at all reporting " with enthusiasm I might add "when things are going in the wrong direction .... But quiet as a church mouse when it was meteorically rising in the other direction.

Why exactly is that , if you don't mind sharing?

And no, I'm an old timer according to some so I'm impacted as well.....I just have the stomach for it....some don't.

What you see as enthusiasm I see as fear. I'm thinking I'm not alone in that fear especially amongst the older folks. Who do we place blame for this catastrophe? I think it's China but that makes me a racist. Is it just a coincidence most of our ingredients for life saving drugs come from China, that includes antibiotics. With that, I'm outta here. I hope everyone stays safe and well and this epidemic ends soon. God bless all.
    Last edited by STRONGERTHANDIRT; 03-18-2020 at 01:34 PM.

Stick around STONGERTHANDIRT. We all may not agree on everything but you seem to make sense and you're respectful. Those two virtues are very much in short supply around here much of the time.

Speaking the truth regarding where this virus came from does NOT indicate that you're a racist. That statement is nothing more than the undiluted truth. I just watched the President's daily briefing and press conference and he used the same phrasing as you did regarding where this virus came from. A no doubt well meaning and sensitive young female reporter asked the President why he persists in calling the COVID-19 virus the China virus and his reply was firm and without hesitation. He said he calls it the "China" virus because that is where it originated and where it came from, simple as that. The young reporter had no reply or follow up.

As most of you know I'm not a huge fan of our President's personality. In fact, as I've said before, I wouldn't really want to be in the same room with him. But, he is at least brave enough to call something exactly what it is and I'll take that over partisan political mamby-pamby bullsh!t all day every day.

Stronger....you see fear because that's what is being promoted on every television set.

By every trump hating network out there.....turn your channel.

Why would anyone invest their savings wholely into the stock market?That's crazy!

Fortunately, a wise man, my dad, told me always to invest in real estate. I have and its paid off big time!

Now, I am in a huge real estate market, but ive invested outside my area and done real well! You cant beat brick and mortar!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Why would anyone invest their savings wholely into the stock market?That's crazy!

Fortunately, a wise man, my dad, told me always to invest in real estate. I have and its paid off big time!

Now, I am in a huge real estate market, but ive invested outside my area and done real well! You cant beat brick and mortar!
    I can, and have, beat brick and mortar all day long everyday and it ain't in the stock market.

Quote Originally Posted by mcfarter815 View Post
    Odd that I have never said anything good about Trump.
    Very odd indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I can, and have, beat brick and mortar all day long everyday and it ain't in the stock market.
    Maybe in your market, but not in mine!

When you can buy a house for less than $5,000, put another $5,000 in it, rent it for $900/month and its paid for in a little over a year! Plus, its value increases 10-14% a year! Very hard to beat!

I just recently started doing this, but Ive been doing work for a guy that has approx. 250 of these! Yes, he's toting it to the bank!

I missed yesterdays results from the Dow, couldn't find it anywhere on the news........did they drop again?

Yesterday....largest one day gain in history! Up again today.