Default Tyler County Speedway purchases Ohio Valley

This is BIG news for the Mid-Ohio Valley and a huge "win" for our area. A can tell you that there's been a LOT of conversations, meetings, and planning to make this happen...and happen RIGHT.

Congrats and thank you to all involved for continuing to sustain quality dirt track racing in our region!

Thats a good thing, always liked the racing there.

Good news indeed. When I lived in Parkersburg in the early 90’s, we could go to Skyline on Friday night, WVMS on Saturday night, and Ohio Valley on Sunday — all within 30 minutes of my house. That area was like dirt racing Heaven at the time.

The previous OVS promoters never really seemed interested in improvements or big shows, the Watsons will change that for sure! The track is great, I'm looking forward to having more reasons to travel down there.

Best news in the MOV area in quite some time. Friday nights at the Valley should be packed as there aren't a whole lot of other tracks competing that night that are close. Can't wait to get down there, the Watsons will make improvements just like they've done at Tyler Co.

Doesn’t I-77 run fridays?

I-77 moved to Saturdays.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Best news in the MOV area in quite some time. Friday nights at the Valley should be packed as there aren't a whole lot of other tracks competing that night that are close. Can't wait to get down there, the Watsons will make improvements just like they've done at Tyler Co.
    Are there still enough super late models in the Parkersburg area to run that class every week?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    Are there still enough super late models in the Parkersburg area to run that class every week?
    Ohio Valley had good late model numbers last year running on Saturdays and that was running against Tyler County and Atomic. Add in the fact that the closest track running on Fridays now is Beckley and they should get 20+ per week. They'll get 3-4 from Tyler Co as well. There's going to be some good Friday shows with the likes of Carpenters, Burdette, Garnes, Evans, Doll, Thomas etc.
    Last edited by Pennsboro32; 03-09-2020 at 12:08 PM.

Question

I-77 moved to Saturdays.
    Gotcha. I hadn’t heard that.

Ohio Valley had good late model numbers last year running on Saturdays and that was running against Tyler County and Atomic. Add in the fact that the closest track running on Fridays now is Beckley and they should get 20+ per week. They'll get 3-4 from Tyler Co as well. There's going to be some good Friday shows with the likes of Carpenters, Burdette, Garnes, Evans, Doll, Thomas etc.
    All these tracks are running weekly supers?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    All these tracks are running weekly supers?
    Yes these tracks run supers every week to my knowledge. Fridays - Ohio Valley and Beckley Saturday - Tyler County, Elkins, I-77, Atomic

Yes these tracks run supers every week to my knowledge. Fridays - Ohio Valley and Beckley Saturday - Tyler County, Elkins, I-77, Atomic
    Dang ... this makes me miss that area even more.