Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

It's the right thing to do after coming in contact with infected people.

Now how about the NCAA Basketball Tourney? People are not going to stand for shutting out the public.

The fans aren't going to have a choice because the NCAA tournament isn't going to allow any spectators this year.
    https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...f-coronavirus/

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    The Republicans say they don't believe in the risk, but yet some of them have self-quarantined...
    The denial and lack of leadership is stunning, they’re way more worried about the stock market than people.

They just cancelled super cross for Seattle in a couple weeks due to a ban, looking to reschedule somewhere else I believe. Hope they don’t cancel Indy

Wiswildmanfan I’m pretty sure there gonna double up in another city

Talk is they may cancel WrestleMania I dont know if I believe this virus bull$hit but the wrestling is real without a doubt I know Vince McMahon wouldn’t tell no chit on TV that wasn’t true but that dadgum news media would. 😱

The real test will be if Nascrap bans all fans...….oh, wait!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    And Dr Fauci on multiple occasions has said not to be panicked , just aware among other common sense things one would normally do........check the cspan channel for the hearings he testified at.

Funny how you missed that part, guess CNN didn't feel the need to show it......would derail the hysteria they are trying to create to derail their president.
    Sorry but, I was working and didn't have time to sit around and watch cspan so, nothing funny about it but, I have seen clips of the hearing today with Dr. Fauci on my local news outlet. Yes he has said many times not to panic great advice. Like I said listen to the experts and not politician but, you do whatever your heart desires.

jayD:
    The denial and lack of leadership is stunning, they’re way more worried about the stock market than people

That's why I don't listen to any politician. Their only worried about how it will affect their election not whats right by the people.

I doubt Wrestlemania is cancelled outright, I bet it’s just postponed till May or June.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

The man says he doesn't listen to any politician yet hung on every preposterous word uttered by some of them a few months ago......you have a really short memory.

All of us do not.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Trump on all major news outlets just a bit ago. Travel ban on Europe for the next 30 days.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

The mortality rate for the common flu is 0.1%. The mortality rate for COVID-19 is currently around 3.4% and will probably end up around 1% once more complete numbers are in. So for those of us who are math challenged, that means it looks like this is going to end up around 10 TIMES more deadly than the regular flu.
    That depends on what strain of the Flu you're talking about. H5N1 is a strain that has a fatality rate of 60%, and there is NO vaccine that protects against it. Fortunately, it seems to be hard to transmit from person to person right now, and most cases are contracted from contact with birds. However, influenza viruses mutate rapidly, more rapidly than most corona viruses and there is concern that one day this could change.

https://www.who.int/influenza/human_...earch/faqs/en/

Q1: What is H5N1?

H5N1 is a type of influenza virus that causes a highly infectious, severe respiratory disease in birds called avian influenza (or "bird flu"). Human cases of H5N1 avian influenza occur occasionally, but it is difficult to transmit the infection from person to person. When people do become infected, the mortality rate is about 60%.
    Q3: Why is there so much concern about H5N1 influenza?

H5N1 infection in humans can cause severe disease and has a high mortality rate. If the H5N1 virus were to change and become easily transmissible from person to person while retaining its capacity to cause severe disease, the consequences for public health could be very serious.
    Q4: Why might the H5N1 influenza virus change?

Influenza viruses constantly undergo genetic changes. It would be a cause for concern, should the H5N1 virus become more easily transmissible among humans.
    Q8: Is a vaccine available to prevent human infection with H5N1avian influenza?

Candidate vaccines to prevent H5N1 infection have been developed, but they are not ready for widespread use.
    Q9: Does seasonal influenza (seasonal flu) vaccination provide protection against H5N1 viruses?

Seasonal influenza vaccination does not appear to protect against H5N1 infection.

election years sure do bring out the viruses, don't they?

Speaking of Google.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

The NBA just suspended the season after tonight's games.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

JayD's post: (won't allow me to reply with a quote, so I copied and pasted it)

"The denial and lack of leadership is stunning, they’re way more worried about the stock market than people."

JayD hit the nail squarely on the head.
    Last edited by fryefan; 03-11-2020 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    The fans aren't going to have a choice because the NCAA tournament isn't going to allow any spectators this year.
    https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...f-coronavirus/
    It appears the fans are going to have to. lol

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    The NBA just suspended the season after tonight's games.
    NHL will be soon I'm guessing. Such B.S

Tom Hanks & Rita Wilson Test Positive For Coronavirus As Outbreak Hits ‘Elvis Presley’ Film

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    NHL will be soon I'm guessing. Such B.S
    I hope not. Its getting real good right now!