Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

If there is nothing to be concerned about then why is the government taking the steps their taking. There is nothing fake about this, It's not fake news it's just news. Just think of the spread had the media not warned us about the virus. Just listen to the health officials and take their advice and not from any politician because, all they do is politicize it which means not getting the truth. Take all precautions you can or would like to.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    If there is nothing to be concerned about then why is the government taking the steps their taking. There is nothing fake about this, It's not fake news it's just news. Just think of the spread had the media not warned us about the virus. Just listen to the health officials and take their advice and not from any politician because, all they do is politicize it which means not getting the truth. Take all precautions you can or would like to.
    If you have respiratory issues, or you are over 60, be concerned. But you can't hide from something that probably isn't leaving.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    If you have respiratory issues, or you are over 60, be concerned. But you can't hide from something that probably isn't leaving.
    Sounds like you have been listening to the health officials. I Never said for anyone to hide. I never said everyone should stay home. All I'm saying is listen to your health officials and not Politicians and it's not fake news. Just ask the son's and daughter's of the parents they have lost do to this virus if it's fake.

I think you know why many aren't taking the news outlets real seriously right now......about anything.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Over 20,000 people have died from influenza in the US this year. Nobody seems to worried about those numbers.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Illstate32 View Post
    The responsible thing to do is shut down all racing events until they get this virus contained.
    Keep drinking the Kool Aid. If you don't want to go that's your problem, don't try to get everyone else involved in the propaganda.

The mortality rate for the common flu is 0.1%. The mortality rate for COVID-19 is currently around 3.4% and will probably end up around 1% once more complete numbers are in. So for those of us who are math challenged, that means it looks like this is going to end up around 10 TIMES more deadly than the regular flu. So you can listen to the talking heads on TV who have absolutely no medical expertise tell you that the normal flu is more deadly, but you'd be an idiot to believe them.

It's not nearly as bad as the press is making it out to be, but only a moron would think it's less dangerous than the regular flu.

Google Dr. Anthony Fauci and read what he has to say. He's an actual doctor who specializes in this stuff. He'll tell you not to panic, but don't believe the people who are just blowing this off like it's nothing.
    Last edited by NormP; 03-11-2020 at 08:43 AM.

Why would you cancel events for it? If your afraid of it stay home. If not wash your d@mn hands and cover your face when you cough or sneeze.

So does the cdc check their website its not as big a big deal as it's being made out to be. obviously we want to prevent it from spreading. The government is taking steps to protect the economy because people are panicking thanks to the media and in this great digital age we live in. You can read something on Facebook and dump all your stocks seconds later without ever looking up from your phone
    Last edited by Jking24; 03-11-2020 at 09:28 AM.

Just a simple question. Do you think everything the government does is good or for the good?

It’s only liberals and snowflakes worried, everyone else is all good, not a care in the world. Ha ha ha

Exactly. Try and wash your hands, not touch a bunch of sh!t, and go on with your life.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    So does the cdc check their website its not as big a big deal as it's being made out to be. obviously we want to prevent it from spreading. The government is taking steps to protect the economy because people are panicking thanks to the media and in this great digital age we live in. You can read something on Facebook and dump all your stocks seconds later without ever looking up from your phone
    The dumping stocks thing I don’t get. It’s the time to buy stocks, they are cheaper, and it’ll come back. I’d certainly not do that. Just as I didn’t in 08 or whatever.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    The mortality rate for the common flu is 0.1%. The mortality rate for COVID-19 is currently around 3.4% and will probably end up around 1% once more complete numbers are in. So for those of us who are math challenged, that means it looks like this is going to end up around 10 TIMES more deadly than the regular flu. So you can listen to the talking heads on TV who have absolutely no medical expertise tell you that the normal flu is more deadly, but you'd be an idiot to believe them.

It's not nearly as bad as the press is making it out to be, but only a moron would think it's less dangerous than the regular flu.

Google Dr. Anthony Fauci and read what he has to say. He's an actual doctor who specializes in this stuff. He'll tell you not to panic, but don't believe the people who are just blowing this off like it's nothing.
    Well said...

Just ask the son's and daughter's of the parents they have lost do to this virus if it's fake.
    You just had to throw in the typically Liberal biased sympathy fear mongering card.

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    You just had to throw in the typically Liberal biased sympathy fear mongering card.
    Lmao. And if you had a grandparent die from it, or a child, is it still just liberal sympathetic BS?

Why does everything have to be political with you morons?

You tools do the fear mongering sh!t too, so don’t act like that’s only one type of people.

Default Not flippin political

It’s a scare for a lot of people.

My wife and I really aren’t going to change our lives. We think a lot of it is a knee jerk reaction, people worrying. But it’s not just one type of people. It’s all types, demographics, political backgrounds, whatever.

Not political, but you morons continue to make not political stuff political. I know people on both sides of the aisle all worried. But just tell yourselves it’s only certain groups. It should be treated like the flu. Elderly and kids.

I’m not changing my life, but I’m not going to make fun of people or act like only certain people are worried.

Just ignorant morons do that. And they are in here loud n clear.

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post

Yes to all of this. The media is blowing it up to a certain degree, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't take it seriously.

CnB -

Sure it is, COVID-19 has been political fear mongering from the Left, from day one. That’s well before I pointed out KR’s fear mongering sympathy pitch.

So is the left in cahoots with China and South Korea and Italy ?
    Give me a break. There are some paranoid folks on here.

[QUOTE=HoosierDirtFan;2311692]
    Quote Originally Posted by mccreadiefan39 View Post
    Should they postpone until this passes?

No disrespect but you must be an idiot. I got an idea; let's listen to the media blow it way out of proportion.
    I think I'l l take this guy's opinion and he isn't part of the media, he's actually an expert in the field. If he says it's an issue then it's an issue.

https://www.niaid.nih.gov/about/director