Default Bert Shifting Issue

Could anyone pinpoint what may be wrong with my transmission?First gen slip yoke Bert. The car goes into low and high, and the reverse shifter stays in “neutral” all this time. Now when the high/low shifter is in neutral, the reverse shifter will not budge, BUT when I have the car in high (while shut off), the reverse lever will allow me to pull back.Does anyone have an idea of what is happening or how serious it is? Was hoping to make a practice session very soon figuring I could get away with just low/high but I do not want to do any serious damage to the transmission in the process. Or am I missing something entirely with these transmissions?Thanks!

If the trans has recently been worked on, my guess would be that the high/low shift shaft is in upside down. That puts the detent notches in the wrong position and will do what you are describing. Easy fix. Pull off the side cover, knock out roll pin on high/low shift fork, spin shift shaft 180 degrees, replace roll pin, replaced side cover.
    A droop rule is like infield tractor tires, everyone knows it's stupid, but they still keep doing it.

Thank you for the quick response! I'll pull the transmission and take a look inside. I was a little hesitant to go inside it before, thinking that I may do more harm than good but this sounds simple enough.Thanks again!

Issue seems resolved now. I followed the above steps and now the shift pattern seems normal. The test drive will come later on at the track tonight.Thanks again!