Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Racers From the Past

I know this probably gets talked about a lot but I have ran across some old pics of cars and drivers that I have heard from in a long while. Eric Jacobsen, Billy Ogle Jr, Scott James, Tom Kerr I think that was his name it was a yellow and black 4T car, Steve Smith are just a few that I have ran across pics of here recently

There are literally dozens and dozens of accounts on Facebook in which people contribute nothing but photos of race cars from the past. I highly recommend following them.

Yea I do and that's what got me to wondering what the drivers are doin now

Scott James ready for 2020

Where does he race around his home area or does he travel some too

Quote Originally Posted by racincowboy02 View Post
    Where does he race around his home area or does he travel some too
    Well James lives in southeastern Indiana and for the most part that is the region he races in. He does hit some big races though.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Heck what about Garrett Durrett & Damon Eller?
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Eric’s cross country grind got too much and he sold everything. He lives in California were his family and family business is. Was flying back and forth to TN just to race. Said he may return one day driving for someone or a similar situation but hasn’t raced since selling out to my knowledge.
    Last edited by weatherman85; 03-11-2020 at 11:22 AM.

I believe Donald Macintosh is in the ride that Tommy Kerr used to have. Billy Ogle jr also drove it for a bit if I recall correctly but not sure what he’s either Tommy or Billy are doing now.

Tommy Kerr raced with woo at Smokey mountain this weekend. He races locally down there in a 2nd Blount Motorsports car I’m pretty sure

You are correct. Tommy is employed by Larry Garner (Blount Excavating) which is the owner of Blount Motorsport. Tommy cut back his racing a few years ago to spend more time with family. He drives the 4T car which is a team care to the #7 of McIntosh.
    Billy Ogle Jr. is battling serious health issues. Steve Smith still races locally in the #3 car.

Speaking of Steve Smith: how many people remember him finishing 2nd to Donnie Moran in the Eldora Dirt Million ? He won 50k for second place in the CJ Rayburn Chasis. Very-very likeable/friendly person.

That Scott James car looks pretty sharp.

Garrett is partnered with another guy and they own this.

http://cedarridgeaviation.com/servic...eli-hog-hunts/

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    Speaking of Steve Smith: how many people remember him finishing 2nd to Donnie Moran in the Eldora Dirt Million ? He won 50k for second place in the CJ Rayburn Chasis. Very-very likeable/friendly person.
    Was running Moran down the last ten laps or so too.

I do, and he was gaining ground at the end.

Would have been really cool if a local racer like Steve could have won that race and the $$.
    Upset of the racing world to say the least. CJ helped Steve a lot because Steve was extremely loyal to the Rayburn Chasis for many years. He is as nice of a guy you would want to meet! Been following him for 40 years all the way back to his pearl white #14 car. Races now around East Tennessee when the support & $$ allow. If you ever get a chance to say hello to him- do so- very humble/ down to earth guy.

Would have been really cool if a local racer like Steve could have won that race and the $$.
    Upset of the racing world to say the least. CJ helped Steve a lot because Steve was extremely loyal to the Rayburn Chasis for many years. He is as nice of a guy you would want to meet! Been following him for 40 years all the way back to his pearl white #14 car. Races now around East Tennessee when the support & $$ allow. If you ever get a chance to say hello to him- do so- very humble/ down to earth guy.
    Been around Steve a bunch of times including in the pits that night at Eldora. He was a friend of the guys I grew up going to the races with. A good dude for sure.

TerryM,

You make a great point. Facebook has several great private groups that do nothing but post old historical racing photos and comments. The people that post and comment are not into all the social media talk. They just post photos and the knowledgeable racing fans make great comments. You can find these groups for multiple regions around the country, I am sure.

pinterest.com has tons of old cars and new. Dirt and asphalt.

https://www.pinterest.com/james_mich...dirt-racecars/