Default NCAA NO Fans ALLOWED

Fans will not be allowed at the NCAA men's Basketball tournament. Corona strikes again. Now the Big Ten is following suit with their conference tourney. What's next, cancelation of stock cars races?

Quote Originally Posted by MUD MAESTRO View Post
    Fans will not be allowed at the NCAA men's Basketball tournament. Corona strikes again. Now the Big Ten is following suit with their conference tourney. What's next, cancelation of stock cars races?
    No, they are only worried about crowds over 1000 people.

Thankfully this coronavirus thing didn't escalate out of control earlier in the winter. Notably, it likely would have shut down The Chili Bowl and possibly the Daytona 500 and we may have been inclined to cancel our annual month-long stay during February in The Sunshine State.

We are hoping that this stuff gets managed prior to the month of May. It's conceivable that the largest one day sporting event in the world could be adversely be affected. This is going to have a huge economic effect that will certainly ripple through out the business community.

Most of us aren't learned enough to deem these drastic measures effective and necessary, least of all me. But, if they don't limit these crowd gatherings and/or shut them down completely and it turns out that they would have been effective and necessary the poop would REALLY hit the fan. I hate these preventative moves as much as anyone but we just don't know for sure what needs to be done and what doesn't.
    Last edited by CIRF; 03-12-2020 at 03:10 PM.

Somehow, I don't see them cancelling Bike Week......hmmmmm!!!!

btw, PGA just announced no fans beginning Friday!!…….freakin liberals!!!

https://www.si.com/college/illinois/...-march-12-2020

The BIG10 Men's Basketball Tournament is now cancelled outright. Can the NCAA Men's Tournament be far behind? It sure seems inevitable at this point but we shall see.

Democrats set to blame Trump for the coronavirus. News at 11.

No fans at Atlanta or Homestead.

Bike week Daytona 200 sport bike race and Flat Track racing also = no fans allowed now. Meanwhile 8200 folks have died from flu during this winters flu season.

The NCAA basketball tournament's (both men's & women's) along with all university classes and activities have been cancelled or suspended. Even high schools are suspending classes. The NBA has suspended it's season indefinitely. All MLB preseason games are cancelled and the start of their season is delayed at least 2 weeks. Stock market is down 10% in one day and likely to get hammered repeatedly as this nightmare runs it's course. Entertainment venues large and small are universally cancelling or postponing events across the board.

This is some serious stuff. The economic damage is going to be incredible.

The refusal of the 2 parties to work together on this only makes things worse. Heard ammo sales have gone up significantly in the past week or so.

Maybe they should add the stock market to the list of closings or cancellations. I will never recover the losses from this being I'm 67 yrs old, but then again, the virus will probably take me out.

Quote Originally Posted by STRONGERTHANDIRT View Post
    Maybe they should add the stock market to the list of closings or cancellations. I will never recover the losses from this being I'm 67 yrs old, but then again, the virus will probably take me out.
    Sometimes you gotta watch what you wish for ! Hope you make it ! We will say a prayer for you and ALL people that this may or will affect !

Thanks, things are getting crazy right now. Panic is setting in.

Maybe they should add the stock market to the list of closings or cancellations. I will never recover the losses from this being I'm 67 yrs old
    STRONGER, you make a very good point. I believe the stock market should have been shut down following the first day of 700 to 800 point losses. It was obvious that this event was only going to quickly multiply exponentially.

Rest assured there are people getting quite rich from this market in free fall. As most of us know, for every winner there is a loser, or in this case, for every loser there is a winner! Those who have the wherewithal to lose, still survive and can sell short and time their transactions will make literally millions but I'm not one of those people. I too, am partially invested in the stock market and, although I have time to recover, it will take longer than I'm comfortable with and I won't have use of the capital that was lost in the market until some very good investment opportunities have come and gone.
    Last edited by CIRF; 03-13-2020 at 10:32 AM.

Thanks, things are getting crazy right now. Panic is setting in.
    People that are soft anyway and like being told how to think and act are in panic mode.....everybody else is being sensible.

Just goes to show you how soft America has become.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Patient zero was in Illinois. Name withheld. No autopsy

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...es/2096212001/

The panicked ones are cleaning out grocery and other retailer shelves making it hard for the sensible ones to get everyday goods to live. It's scary times right now. Mixed messages from media aren't helping.

And sensible folks have been preparing for a national emergency for a while ......I live in hurricane country, we prepare every year for those and this is no different .

The news only talks about and perpetuates the panic.....never the prepared.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

As far as the stock market is concerned, there is no doubt it will recover, and then some. The problem is that ordinary people who've worked hard to accumulate some investment money are obviously going to take a huge short term hit. There most likely will be some big opportunities to get in the market at this depressed period and watch it go up which will equate to some very tasty gains. It's the ordinary people, like me, that I speak of that don't have the expertise or the stones to sell short and make the big bucks on the way down. We also don't have a enough capital that we do not need for our living expenses, debt forgiveness, etc., to cash in with when it heads back up.

As I said before, I've got time to wait out the recovery but I don't have the use of the capital that was lost in the crash to use if an investment opportunity presents itself. I have to wait it out while it makes it's way back up, and it will.