Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

The real problem is not the death rate. The problem is the R-0 factor of this virus. The normal flu virus has an R-1.2 rating. That means it spreads at a rate of 1.2 people via contact. They have rated covid-19 at an R-12 to 15 rating as they are researching more on it. That causes a quickly overwhelming problem for the health care system. Even more so, it creates a global market problem which becomes a local demand problem which can cripple an economy very fast. I.E. Italy and it's lack of concern when they confirmed their first case. They have also discovered that covid-19 can live on stainless steel and plastic surfaces for up to 72 hours. It can live on cardboard for up to 36 hours. This is far longer that the flu. What they don't know is how much of the virus is needed to cause an infection at the present. Is there over reacting, yes. Is there precautions, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lennylinda View Post
    I'm not a liberal, but after reading these posts I realize that after this virus is over there will we fewer Trump supporters.
    Because China and Iran claim Trump physically went to both countries himself and spread biological warfare?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I'm no trained monkey. I'm not concerned about myself at all. But my mother, the only parent I have left, would not do well with the virus.
    I know you aren't but many who mainline everything they are told instead of making up their own minds are in panic mode just because the media du jour tells them to be.

My mother is my only parent left and wouldn't do well with it either......but she isn't panicked about any of it and is just a little more cautious and uses the common sense God gave her.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    trump has wanted tighter border security from day 1, this virus came from china
    Strange how all those liberals who fought , kicked and screamed about increased border control then are no where to be found now.

Idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Strange how all those liberals who fought , kicked and screamed about increased border control then are no where to be found now.

Idiots.
    The border wall wouldn't have stopped this. It flew in from Asia and Europe and we were behind on testing and haven't even come close to catching up. The US has tested 11,000 people in total whereas South Korea tests 10,000 people a day.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Because China and Iran claim Trump physically went to both countries himself and spread biological warfare?

No. Because this is maybe the worst leadership by any president in the history of our country. We were offered coronavirus tests two months ago by the World Health Organization and we declined. Since then it's been one wrong move after another. Reports are coming out now that suggest trump wanted to slow testing down to help the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    The border wall wouldn't have stopped this. It flew in from Asia and Europe and we were behind on testing and haven't even come close to catching up. The US has tested 11,000 people in total whereas South Korea tests 10,000 people a day.
    mcarter, you do understand that your entire post, in some circles of ideology, would be deemed horribly racist, xenophobic, without any degree of empathy and just plain mean spirited? You seem like a good guy that probably wouldn't want to be put in those disgusting categories!

Why, there are people posting among us who put empathy above truth and the well being of our society and country.

As rational people have stated.....this is not political.

If you get the flu, you can goto your clinic and get medicine for it, and you are back at it in a short period of time.
    There is NO MEDICINE for Covid-19. Nothing. All you can do is quarantine yourself and ride it out for 14 days. Any vaccine will not be to market for at least a year. A virus can morph and change like flu does. This is a serious matter people, not an over-reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    mcarter, you do understand that your entire post, in some circles of ideology, would be deemed horribly racist, xenophobic, without any degree of empathy and just plain mean spirited? You seem like a good guy that probably wouldn't want to be put in those disgusting categories!

Why, there are people posting among us who put empathy above truth and the well being of our society and country.
    That's not true.

I said nothing whatsoever about a wall.......but I digress.

I said nothing whatsoever about a wall.......but I digress.
    No, but others of your political persuasion have. The federal government had an opportunity to test more people than we have, but they dropped the ball. The only increased border security that would have helped would have been to test every person coming off of every plane and every boat, but the tests are only good for those that are showing symptoms. You can be infected for a week before showing symptoms.

No, but others of your political persuasion have. The federal government had an opportunity to test more people than we have, but they dropped the ball. The only increased border security that would have helped would have been to test every person coming off of every plane and every boat, but the tests are only good for those that are showing symptoms. You can be infected for a week before showing symptoms.
    So you're answering a question that wasn't even asked or Implied? Well that's a special presumptuous kind of stupid in and of itself.

And btw, I have zero political persuasion......you don't follow along real well do you?

So you're answering a question that wasn't even asked or Implied? Well that's a special presumptuous kind of stupid in and of itself.

And btw, I have zero political persuasion......you don't follow along real well do you?
    You claim that, but yet you only push the propaganda of one side.

You should read more and " cut and paste " less.....im not here to push anything, except stupidity off a cliff.

You provide a lot of that wyl.e.

You should read more and " cut and paste " less.....im not here to push anything, except stupidity off a cliff.

You provide a lot of that wyl.e.
    Ah, silly me. I forgot that you're an expert in everything and don't need other experts to inform you on what is going on.

That's not true.
    I don't know. The reaction from some who get a lotta' media attention, or are the media, regarding any mention of the virus having originated in China (which it absolutely did) and brought here to the U.S. is racist and xenophobic and anyone who says such a thing is a heartless SOB. There is plenty of video proof of those allegations being made dating all the way back to when a travel ban was imposed on China.

I was in no way saying you're a racist, xenophobe or heartless. I was merely making the point that you would be labeled as such for having the audacity to point out the obvious truth that the coronavirus is a foreign virus that was brought here by some unsuspecting carriers, and some of those carriers were foreign.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I don't know. The reaction from some who get a lotta' media attention, or are the media, regarding any mention of the virus having originated in China (which it absolutely did) and brought here to the U.S. is racist and xenophobic and anyone who says such a thing is a heartless SOB. There is plenty of video proof of those allegations being made dating all the way back to when a travel ban was imposed on China.

I was in no way saying you're a racist, xenophobe or heartless. I was merely making the point that you would be labeled as such for having the audacity to point out the obvious truth that the coronavirus is a foreign virus that was brought here by some unsuspecting carriers, and some of those carriers were foreign.
    What's being labeled as racist is calling it the Wuhan Virus instead of Covid-19 or coronavirus. There are unfortunate cases of scared Americans beating people up just because they're Asian.

Ah, silly me. I forgot that you're an expert in everything and don't need other experts to inform you on what is going on.
    I'm an expert on knowing what I say and believe in.....other than that I try and learn something new everyday.
    No way in hell IM letting a jughead like you tell me what my political views are or should be....you can't even keep your own straight.

Just because I choose not to let don lemon tell me what expert I should listen to doesn't at all mean I don't do my research and form my own opinion from that diligence.

You should try it

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    Quit trying to politicize everything. This has nothing to do with politics. It is totally about slowing down a WORLD-WIDE epidemic.
    Sorry but you are only 100% wrong.

What's being labeled as racist is calling it the Wuhan Virus instead of Covid-19 or coronavirus. There are unfortunate cases of scared Americans beating people up just because they're Asian.
    Figuratively Sounds a lot like what the dems are doing just because people are republican, independents or libertarian.

They have no real beef or knowledge why they do it , they do it solely because the people they are beating on don't subscribe to their views and it's what they are taught to do when that happens.