Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default State of Illinois

All major sporting events with large spectator crowds should be cancelled until May 1. This should include school and college events as well as major league sporting events. The Governor has spoken with the owners of all the major sports teams in Illinois and they are in full support of these measures to protect the health of their fans and will cancel all games until May 1.

So is WOO at Farmer City included in this?

Quote Originally Posted by kipling View Post
    So is WOO at Farmer City included in this?
    According to the phrasing, it has to be.

MARS at Peoria and Lucas Oil at Tri-City and Macon should be affected as well.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Why?That means you would have to cancel events every year for flu season. 20000 Americans have died this flu season. Why no freakin out over that statistic?

Because there is no political gains to be had on those flu's.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Why?That means you would have to cancel events every year for flu season. 20000 Americans have died this flu season. Why no freakin out over that statistic?
    Each person has a 0.1% chance of death. This is more like 2% and can possibly fill hospitals beyond capacity.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Everybody has to cater to the liberals and overreact.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Everybody has to cater to the liberals and overreact.
    Quit trying to politicize everything. This has nothing to do with politics. It is totally about slowing down a WORLD-WIDE epidemic.

That death rate is only on reported cases, most people I know wouldn’t go to the doctor from the symptoms they would get. Diminishes the death rate tremendously. We have 0 reported cases in my county but they have banned any public gatherings over 25 people. If there are no sporting events until may 1st I may be the first to die from Coronavirus in my area, better get a sturdy rope
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Quote Originally Posted by RaceFan1979 View Post
    Some are morons, they are trying to slow it down, not overreacting at all. It's closer to 4% fatality imagine if they just turned and looked the other way and it did infect as many as the flu. It would kill over a million people Just in the states.
    It's 4% of known cases. It isn't 4%. Once everything shakes out, it will be much less. As several epidemic experts have said.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by RaceFan1979 View Post
    Some are morons, they are trying to slow it down, not overreacting at all. It's closer to 4% fatality imagine if they just turned and looked the other way and it did infect as many as the flu. It would kill over a million people Just in the states.
    Exactly, At least they are being pro active and reactive. What I don't think some don't realize is how easily this is transmitted.

It's not as easily transmitted as the hysteria surrounding it is.........people that think for themselves and do their own research are immune to that.

The hysteria that is.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

More people will be killed by gunfire in Illinois this week than corona virus......fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    It's not as easily transmitted as the hysteria surrounding it is.........people that think for themselves and do their own research are immune to that.

The hysteria that is.
    It is spread pretty easily. Easier than most viruses.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Each person has a 0.1% chance of death. This is more like 2% and can possibly fill hospitals beyond capacity.
    ^^^This^^^

The American health care system, including facilities, will be stretched well above capacity in a worst case scenario. Hence, the proactive efforts to slow the explosion of new cases. It’s a pain in the balls, it it’s also a good move. We ain’t China. I don’t see us slamming in new hospitals in 10 days are using the army to forcibly move people to GOV quarantine areas.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    It is spread pretty easily. Easier than most viruses.
    The hysteria does spread much easier than the virus......especially amongst the folks with weakened " involved in their own well being " syndrome.

When you get told what to do and how to think all the time you eventually are trained just to nod your head and listen I guess?

This is serious no doubt but it's pretty far down the list of my daily worries.

I'm not a liberal, but after reading these posts I realize that after this virus is over there will we fewer Trump supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    The hysteria does spread much easier than the virus......especially amongst the folks with weakened " involved in their own well being " syndrome.

When you get told what to do and how to think all the time you eventually are trained just to nod your head and listen I guess?

This is serious no doubt but it's pretty far down the list of my daily worries.
    I'm no trained monkey. I'm not concerned about myself at all. But my mother, the only parent I have left, would not do well with the virus.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

wow , the post on the almighty 4m gone bring him down.....i guess everyone is entitled to there dreams though.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lennylinda View Post
    I'm not a liberal, but after reading these posts I realize that after this virus is over there will we fewer Trump supporters.
    trump has wanted tighter border security from day 1, this virus came from china
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels