Default Has anyone used the keyser carbon 4 blade fan

Just wondering if anyone has used any of the keyser carbon fans and do you think they are worth it?

It sounds promising with the GM style 60 degree pitch and we considered trying one but decided to give the Gorsuch 6 blade a try first. It's about $50 less and don't need a "special" washer to mount it. Unfortunately, it's been too cool out to really test it at one show in January and one in February.
    Abilene Radiator makes a steel GM copy that's supposed to match the original and it's around $130 so that may be worth a look too.

Do any of these style fans flex like the old plastic fans did at higher RPM

The Gorsuch is a composite item and holds it's shape very well. Rosser, Shane Clanton's crew chief, switched to these and says they're getting a full season out of them compared to the original Gm steel types that only lasted 3 or 4 races. He says they cool better too.
    Not sure if Abilene's flexes much, being steel. The Keyser carbon fiber one is probably pretty rigid and may be the lightest of all.
    The old plastic fans were pretty scary from the couple of times we tried them 30 or more years ago. Didn't cool worth a crap and had them come apart once or twice and it's good we had a fan shroud.
    Hope this helps you MoparDLM.

Did he say why they only ran 3-4 races on the GM steel fan. Max RPM too much for that many laps and can't take a chance on it coming apart is my guess.

That would be my guess too, although he didn't say. Lot heavier than the composites and GM probably never intended them to be on something turning 8 grand.

If we get to race any more this year I'll be interested to see how the Gorsuch does in our summer heat that's near or above the century mark. January and February races and trying to simulate real world heat in the shop isn't always a true test.

Another shop tested fan that we've tried was the Jones 3 blade made for the crates that wouldn't keep a built, roughly 475 H.P., at a decent temp level at a 2,500 rpm setting for 15 minutes. One race in 90+ temps also gave the Jones a fail. In fairness to Jones I understand they've come out with a new piece specifically for built engines but we haven't tried one of those yet.