Default Hoosier sidewalls

After visiting the local hotshoes garage, there were numerous Hoosier sidewalls laying around. I mean perfectly cut out, like a doughnut, no tread or bead. What could he be doing with them? All you "cheaters" post up!

Probably just cutting them up , Around here (Illinois) the garbage man will take them if they are cut up. I usually give the treads away, to be used as rubber mats , and trow the sidewalls in the dumpster. there is usually always some sidewalls laying around, until we finally take the
    m out to the dumpster.

Quote Originally Posted by dmags View Post
    Probably just cutting them up , Around here (Illinois) the garbage man will take them if they are cut up. I usually give the treads away, to be used as rubber mats , and trow the sidewalls in the dumpster. there is usually always some sidewalls laying around, until we finally take the
    m out to the dumpster.
    Not here, we have 3 different waste pickups. Plus, I don think they would take the time to cut the bead and tread off almost perfectly!

Maybe he’s sending them out to get ground up. A lot of arenas use old ground tire chunks for footing. They can’t be steel belted so the bias ply racing tires work perfectly
    Bill W. and Dr. Bob......who could have known.

Common practice it's way easier than dismounting at the track you just cut the outside of the tire off throw it in the can and dismount the wheel later

I don't really think so, these are very precisely cut-out. I find it hard to believe someone would take that much time and effort just to get rid of them. This guy is a known prepper and has been caught many times. I believe he is reusing these in some way to gain an advantage. Im gonna call a few race tire re-treaders and see whats up!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    I don't really think so, these are very precisely cut-out. I find it hard to believe someone would take that much time and effort just to get rid of them. This guy is a known prepper and has been caught many times. I believe he is reusing these in some way to gain an advantage. Im gonna call a few race tire re-treaders and see whats up!
    Probably gluing them in a tire somehow to change sidewall stiffness.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Precisely what I was thinking MBR

How quickly folks forget recent trends

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! No one that is smart leaves their evidence out in the open, if anything their usually are 'decoys' for nosey visitors. Its easy to cut tread out nearly perfect, without any intended effort, with a sharp razor knife. "If" anything at all is going on, he is disposing of the treated tread "evidence"... And maybe his crafty Aunt is making Christmas wreaths with the sidewall leftovers! If he is combining tire carcasses,( I very highly doubt it) good luck with consistent results in that experiment! What tire rule (if any) is he on?

Quote Originally Posted by CCHIEF View Post
    Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! No one that is smart leaves their evidence out in the open, if anything their usually are 'decoys' for nosey visitors. Its easy to cut tread out nearly perfect, without any intended effort, with a sharp razor knife. "If" anything at all is going on, he is disposing of the treated tread "evidence"... And maybe his crafty Aunt is making Christmas wreaths with the sidewall leftovers! If he is combining tire carcasses,( I very highly doubt it) good luck with consistent results in that experiment! What tire rule (if any) is he on?
    lolololol…...Fred Sanfords junkyard is more organized than this guy!When you have 3 brand new cars outside under an awning, because your shop is too junky to keep them inside!

btw.....there must be at least a hundred used Hoosiers laying around, he aint in no recycling mode!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CCHIEF View Post
    It would be as consistent as the bond.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    It would be as consistent as the bond.
    And how would you bond that?

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    And how would you bond that?
    You might be able to vulcanize it. I don't know if that's what is being done or not. But, it would be much more effective than the magic axles everyone fell for.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1