Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 8 more weeks no racing

CDC: CDC, in accordance with its guidance for large events and mass gatherings, recommends that for the next 8 weeks, organizers (whether groups or individuals) cancel or postpone in-person events that consist of 50 people or more throughout the United States. #nascar

I think it should be six months, then we can completely destroy the world as we know it. CDC is not helping, they are a bunch of alarmists.

This is called communism. Ignore it. The CDC has a major case of TDS and are part of the swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by smoothoperator32 View Post
    CDC: CDC, in accordance with its guidance for large events and mass gatherings, recommends that for the next 8 weeks, organizers (whether groups or individuals) cancel or postpone in-person events that consist of 50 people or more throughout the United States. #nascar
    Recommends is the key word here.

It is not required, it seems most are referring to local health department agencies.

Big events like the NBA, NASCAR, and even woo/Lucas won’t happen. But your local track running a show is possible.
    Last edited by huskerdirt; 03-15-2020 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    This is called communism. Ignore it. The CDC has a major case of TDS and are part of the swamp.
    By all means go ahead and ignore it but, I pray no one you know or for that matter anyone you run into doesn't get it from you. Thank God you don't have Trumps ear and Trump is doing the right thing by letting the health officials make the call on this. I give Trump props for that.

Please do not take this guys advice and ignore it or you just might regret it. Just be smart and stay safe and look out for the elderly and those with underlying health conditions.

I am not a doctor and have not stayed in a Holiday Inn Express since the World Finals.. but to me a better way to attack this is NOT to shut down America but protect those that have a high rate of dying if they get the virus... Older people and people with other health issues. How will anyone survive if everything closes? It would be a different story if this virus affected everyone the same way regardless of age or health.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    By all means go ahead and ignore it but, I pray no one you know or for that matter anyone you run into doesn't get it from you. Thank God you don't have Trumps ear and Trump is doing the right thing by letting the health officials make the call on this. I give Trump props for that.

Please do not take this guys advice and ignore it or you just might regret it. Just be smart and stay safe and look out for the elderly and those with underlying health conditions.
    Isolating those at risk is the only way to stop the hospitals from being overwhelmed. The rest of us need to keep the economy going.

The Central PA tracks raced this weekend.
    Port Royal, Lincoln, and Williams Grove.

Hoping there able to race next week to. Ulms at the grove Friday and Saturday and Sunday at port.

am not a doctor and have not stayed in a Holiday Inn Express since the World Finals.. but to me a better way to attack this is NOT to shut down America but protect those that have a high rate of dying if they get the virus... Older people and people with other health issues. How will anyone survive if everything closes? It would be a different story if this virus affected everyone the same way regardless of age or health.
    Bingo! This isn't to go away in 8 weeks! And probably not 8 months. It will likely be like the flu and will always remain with us, in some mutated form or another, And if you are sick and get tested and find out your positive, what does it change? Nothing! The treatment is still the same isolation and supportive care. The same people who are vulnerable to this are also vulnerable to the Flu, Pneumonia, and the common cold. If you have any of them and there are older folks you know, you probably need to isolate yourself from them until you're well. So, testing will actually achieve very little, except produce numbers that alarmist media outlets can exploit to help fuel the panic.

Here's what will happen with this, it will keep spreading. Most people who get it will have mild or no symptoms whatsoever. The people who get it and recover will have some immunity as a result. This will create what's known as "herd immunity", which will slow the spread and help protect those who haven't had it to some extent as well. That's just the inevitable. The reason this is spreading the way it is now, is because it's new and there is little immunity out there. As more get it and recover, that will change in a more favorable way. Yes, certain segments of our population are at higher risk, but the best way to deal with it would be to focus on protecting them, and not all of us who aren't. That would be much more practical and more likely possible. Otherwise, we are trying to stop the inevitable.
    Last edited by Stefan2k4; 03-15-2020 at 09:52 PM.

I wonder how many viruses and other forms of sickness has swept through the country down through the many years before we had 300 TV channels and 10 forms of social media to blow it all to he!l ? I can understand people need to know it’s a dangerous virus but society as a whole doesn’t like being told what to do when it comes to other people saying we need to do this, do that, do the other, some people will do the opposite just as defiance. I may be wrong but I say one thing will happen and that’s the crime rate will rise in cases involving domestic violence and assault because people is going to get p!ssed off more and more when their daily routines gets changed and they can’t do as normal and their patience is going to be tested and tempers will flare. It’s basically a d@mned if you do d@mned if you don’t situation for all but we’ll get through it and let’s hope it’s sooner than some might think.

Prickster shuts down Illinois schools, bars, and restaurants but leaves Ohare open. Imagine the number of diseases that travel through there every day.

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    Prickster shuts down Illinois schools, bars, and restaurants but leaves Ohare open. Imagine the number of diseases that travel through there every day.
    He got mad because the bars and restaurants were crowded Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by dmr37 View Post
    He got mad because the bars and restaurants were crowded Saturday
    yea also the Saturday before st. pattys is usually a huge day for bars to begin with. Let's make the entire nation suffer so we don't kill off some 90 year olds in bad health.

Why does it seem like the Democratic states are the only ones wanting to close every thing down. Their only chance at a power grab and control everything and everyone

Farmer City seldom sees crowds over 100 people and is usually out of food. They should be good to race.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Why does it seem like the Democratic states are the only ones wanting to close every thing down. Their only chance at a power grab and control everything and everyone
    Then why did the Ohio Governor do the same thing oh maybe because, he is taking it serious thank God for the people of his state he is.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Then why did the Ohio Governor do the same thing oh maybe because, he is taking it serious thank God for the people of his state he is.
    He is saying some outrageously stupid stuff though.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    He has no control over O’Hare. Even if he wanted to close it, he couldn’t.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Like Ohio????