Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How much will coronavirus impact dirt racing?

https://insidedirtracing.com/turn-2-...t-dirt-racing/

Postponements and cancellations will almost certainly take their toll

I'm thinking maybe if we get this thing under control and turn the tide soon, that it won't affect things much more than a couple of rainouts would. I'm praying for a quick recovery for all those affected, both economically and healthwise.

I think by June we’ll all be like “Wow, that was a serious overreaction”. Most people won’t realize that the virus is mostly gone because of the overreaction.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

May happen before June

We'll probably see reduced car counts in the short term once we get past the peak infection rate because of racers being out of work and having bills to pay.

I don't notice anything different in my area other than a little less traffic. But that's slightly a good thing because it's awful this time of year

local walmart looks like zombie apocalypse... no frozen foods, no soups, no ground beef, no chicken. Shelves are empty.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    local walmart looks like zombie apocalypse... no frozen foods, no soups, no ground beef, no chicken. Shelves are empty.
    Every store in my area is that way.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

We’ve been to four different stores since the middle of last week. Other than cleaning supplies, paper towels, toilet paper, etc., we aren’t seeing anything unusual yet. All foods appear to be fully stocked everywhere. It feels like it does here in September when hurricane season arrives — except people want cleaning supplies instead of food and water. All I know is ... if you aren’t taking this seriously, you are some special kind of stupid. It’s not hype. It’s not political. It’s not fake news. It’s real.

i'd take it seriously if I read a single news story on one young healthy American dying

A special kind of stupid is putting someone on ignore ......then stalking their profile after you do.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Yeah I'm really hoping that we get over a hump in about 6-8 weeks where we start to get back to a normalcy. I'm thinking that once warm weather gets to us, the time cushion created by all these bans has done its job and we can still enjoy racing.

My concerns are for a lot of my friends who own bars and restaurants. Up here in Wisconsin, those are family affairs in a lot of regards. The bar and supper club culture up here is a big part of life and I don't want it to get to where they get closed down or put them in a hurt.

For race tracks too. If we can get things moving toward normal early enough it might only be like a couple rain outs. For that matter, crowds might be eager to come back to something after government imposed cabin fever. Some tracks have some very thin margins to work in so here's hoping things don't go too long.

No entertainment of any kind for 8 weeks and this should be interesting. No eating out, no movies, no nothing that could be considered fun. Yep, this should work.

This might help stop the virus but it also may well destroy the economy and job market spiraling into for world wide depression worse than the 1930's. We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    No entertainment of any kind for 8 weeks and this should be interesting. No eating out, no movies, no nothing that could be considered fun. Yep, this should work.
    No Antifa protests either???

At his press conference Trump intimated this could last through July into August, they just don't know. Dow down 3000 points.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    This might help stop the virus but it also may well destroy the economy and job market spiraling into for world wide depression worse than the 1930's. We will see.
    Yep!! Nailed it!!

There will probably be quite a few divorces in the next couple months. Couples actually might have to spend time together.

Thumbs up

Josh Bayko

I absolutely agree with your post #3 on this thread.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Every store in my area is that way.
    It's like that over here in my area. They can't keep mainly toilet paper and cold/pain meds on the shelves. I haven't figured out the toilet paper thing yet. They take all the toilet paper, and leave the food. I've always thought you need food to make a turd 🤔