Thread: XR1 Help

Default XR1 Help

I got a possible good deal on a new XR1 chassis from a guy who lost interest , so I’m thinking hard at buying it. It is just the chassis, (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit, brake lines. I just wondered if there is anyone that would help me as far as any questions on assembling the car from bare. I have a blue/grey but have never been under an XR1 so I’m sure I will have questions on assembly and parts. Any suggestions?

Default xr1

call ross at brucebuilt in Knoxville great guy will help you anyway possible

My opinion, sit tight and buy a car MUCH more complete. The cost of all the components to put it together correctly will far exceed a used roller. The boys in Shinnston will take excellent care of you!What year and how much is it?MANY parts from the BG car will not work on the XR1. I’ve seen this many times with guys doing just as you plan. Have to be a smoking deal on a excellent condition chassis.I truly believe many cars will be for sale with the economical conditions now unfolding.Hope that helps, feel free to PM me as needed.
    Last edited by CCHIEF; 03-19-2020 at 10:08 AM.

There are only so many parts that are xr1 specific. I don't see it as all that different from switching brands.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I am in the same boat. I just bought a used XR1 in almost the same condition. You can pretty much buy the deck and body from Rocket and it should go together pretty easy. You will need new spindles and lowers. I know I'm going to need a shorter driveshaft and I think they have a new LR birdcage plate too.

Hey CCHIEF I tried messaging you again. Says your inbox is full.

I am about 75% done with the same exact project.Robbie Scott at Rocket and Clint Smith walked me through.Not sure I saved much money,but I didn’t use some of the parts off the b/g that I could have. There is not much off the b/g except spindles and lowers and engine plate that doesn’t work! I will never do it again for the simple reason I am to old and lazy for that much work! lol If you want to see anything pm me # and I can text pic or shoot me email address. I have doth cars sitting side by side

That happens often, I’ll fix it.