Default Some Good News for a change.

so we get good news, and not a single reply. Let's be happy there is some good news for a change. Pretty interesting read.

Anti-malaria drugs may help defeat covid-19. That’s the gist of it. Good news indeed. Our President spoke of it this morning.

There is a Japanese anti viral for flu that is showing promise as well.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Good news? Who needs good news? There are a couple of paragon's of virtue and truth on this board that advocate for widespread premature death for those who are bound to cause healthcare costs to go up and have lived plenty long enough that death for them is something that we should be happy about for economic reasons. That would include everyone who is drawing a breath at this moment. Everyone will need healthcare at some point in their lives............except for the lucky ones that die quickly which makes the aforementioned paragon's even happier! They aren't a burden and in the way anymore, right guys?

Whadaya' think boys? Is it time to bag up some China virus and go into all the nursing homes and assisted living facilities and get rid of the parasitic dead weight. That would free up a whole bunch of rooms and beds for those that are deserving enough to try to keep alive!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Good news? Who needs good news? There are a couple of paragon's of virtue and truth on this board that advocate for widespread premature death for those who are bound to cause healthcare costs to go up and have lived plenty long enough that death for them is something that we should be happy about for economic reasons. That would include everyone who is drawing a breath at this moment. Everyone will need healthcare at some point in their lives............except for the lucky ones that die quickly which makes the aforementioned paragon's even happier! They aren't a burden and in the way anymore, right guys?

Whadaya' think boys? Is it time to bag up some China virus and go into all the nursing homes and assisted living facilities and get rid of the parasitic dead weight. That would free up a whole bunch of rooms and beds for those that are deserving enough to try to keep alive!
    The correct course of action falls somewhere between forcing C19 on nursing home patients and spending $500k to make them live 2 more months.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    The correct course of action falls somewhere between forcing C19 on nursing home patients and spending $500k to make them live 2 more months.
    Ahhh. I got it. Since you profess to know the exact parameters then we all should trust you, being the paragon of truth and virtue that you obviously believe yourself to be, to make those life and death decision's? Kinda' like the SS officers who decided who were going to the ovens today and who goes tomorrow and who goes next week, right?

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    so we get good news, and not a single reply. Let's be happy there is some good news for a change. Pretty interesting read.
    It is good news.......but won't be reported on or discussed by the fear networks much past today.

It's how they roll.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Ahhh. I got it. Since you profess to know the exact parameters then we all should trust you, being the paragon of truth and virtue that you obviously believe yourself to be, to make those life and death decision's? Kinda' like the SS officers who decided who were going to the ovens today and who goes tomorrow and who goes next week, right?
    I gave a range. You seem to know exactly. Let us know... I can tell you no emotions should be involved in the decision.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 03-19-2020 at 02:48 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

If you got any left over, could you spread some around all the fear mongering left wing fake news media! I seriously doubt, if that would hurt too many rational peoples feelings!

Great Post CIRF!!!

If you're right with the man and your own soul fear has no way in........there is a great song called fearless.

It's a catchy tune with very powerful lyrics.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

breaking wind

someone farted in my pants
    The Stranger: Somebody left the door open and the wrong dogs came home.

When I was about four the polio outbreak was particularly bad. Lots of families were ordered not to leave the house...the city posted "quarantined" over all the doors if the house. Parks were closed...swimming beaches and pools were closed.

The Salk vaccine for polio was first available that year iirc. Supplies were scarce. Our family doctor suggested I get a shot of gamoglobulen... A drug that helped the immune system fight off the polio virus. The dose I got looked like it was 12 ounces in a syringe about two inches in diameter and 6 inches long. Got it in the butt cheek...couldn't hardly walk for two days.

I wonder if that drug is still around and would it help those infected
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    When I was about four the polio outbreak was particularly bad. Lots of families were ordered not to leave the house...the city posted "quarantined" over all the doors if the house. Parks were closed...swimming beaches and pools were closed.

The Salk vaccine for polio was first available that year iirc. Supplies were scarce. Our family doctor suggested I get a shot of gamoglobulen... A drug that helped the immune system fight off the polio virus. The dose I got looked like it was 12 ounces in a syringe about two inches in diameter and 6 inches long. Got it in the butt cheek...couldn't hardly walk for two days.

My redneck family thought castor oil cured everything! lol

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    My redneck family thought castor oil cured everything! lol
    Castor oil would cure what is wrong with a lot of people here on 4m!

Quote Originally Posted by non driving fool View Post
    Castor oil would cure what is wrong with a lot of people here on 4m!
    That and re-arranging of some dental work would get rid of some keyboard warriorism! lol

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    That and re-arranging of some dental work would get rid of some keyboard warriorism! lol
    You're one to talk

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post

I was a few years behind you Krooser on the polio outbreak but I do remember as kids we took the vaccine in sugar cubes the first year it was first offered.