Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Did anyone else get their travel permit for the national quarantine?

Just as it sounds, you will need one of these permits to travel and will also need a gas permit. Sprint and Centurylink have given these out to the support staff to keep our communication systems intact and working. Get ready folks, when this happens things are gonna get real crazy. I don't have any other info, just that we were issued them yesterday and they told us to print them out and keep them on person and in your truck.

My wife works in biomedical, and she has one.

Any idea of a time line?

I've been wondering about this, and wonder how long it will last.

Just say no...

Wtf are you guys talking about?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    Any idea of a time line?

I've been wondering about this, and wonder how long it will last.
    Probably until people have had enough and they can't arrest them all.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Probably until people have had enough and they can't arrest them all.
    I don't think you'll get arrested, just fined.

I "heard" Ohio will be under a 2 week quarantine at the end of this weekend, but again that's just a rumor.

Trump Press Conference scheduled at 11am today.

Just say no...

No idea when it starts but it is valid till May 28th. It is issued from the CISA. It allows us to travel for work. A gas permit is coming also. You will need it to buy gas. The email for us started with our Senior director of National Security/Emergency Preparedness.
    Last edited by turnleftandgasit; 03-19-2020 at 09:51 AM.

Had a permanent permit on the back of my employee I.D. because I worked at a power generating plant. Allowed me to travel to work during any state or national emergency. Got called out to work a few times during adverse weather events when the governor declared a no travel emergency, never got stopped once. Quit fear mongering.

Heard the same rumor Krom, but Ohio Gov Dewine said rumors about martial law are false. He did activate 300 National Guardsmen/Reserves but said "they wont be carrying weapons, you may see them carrying groceries"
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

Curious as to what a 2 week quarantine would mean for Ohio
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

What r ya'll talking about

there talking potential shut down in illinios. if it happens the only way you can leave your house/travel is with this permit. only selective fields of work gets them. mainly health/medical fields and it. All I know my tradeshow in Chicago April 18 19 20 has been canceled so I see an extension on shut down happening.

There is no such thing as a travel permit for a national quarantine.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    These critical communications facilities are necessary to ensure first responder, emergency
    responders, public messaging, and 911 communications providing lifesaving capabilities
    are functional during this period of National Emergency. In the course of providing this
    support, the bearer must be able to travel to and access the infrastructure facilities during
    curfews and restricted travel periods in order to prevent loss of service or restore of
    critical communications services.

Wait till you have to have the second letter that allows you to buy fuel............

Quote Originally Posted by turnleftandgasit View Post
    Wait till you have to have the second letter that allows you to buy fuel............
    Guess I better pretend it's TP.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    I didn't say quarantine someone else did, I had one when a national or statewide "state of emergency" existed. Was mostly relevant during major snowstorms when roads are being closed.

No idea when it starts but it is valid till May 28th. It is issued from the CISA. It allows us to travel for work. A gas permit is coming also. You will need it to buy gas. The email for us started with our Senior director of National Security/Emergency Preparedness.
    Had one similar issued for the floods last year by my governor and acknowledged by CISA. He did the same thing this year for this crisis.

I’m not surprised, I’m not worried either. You’ll probably never need it, I never even needed mine for the flooding.

Just as it sounds, you will need one of these permits to travel and will also need a gas permit. Sprint and Centurylink have given these out to the support staff to keep our communication systems intact and working. Get ready folks, when this happens things are gonna get real crazy. I don't have any other info, just that we were issued them yesterday and they told us to print them out and keep them on person and in your truck.
    IF, people would do what they are being advised to do, then that might not be necessary. However, we have drunken idiots congregating on the beaches, and other businesses (like the track in PA that still plans on running) not following the advise of the medical experts that are advising us.