Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    there talking potential shut down in illinios. if it happens the only way you can leave your house/travel is with this permit. only selective fields of work gets them. mainly health/medical fields and it. All I know my tradeshow in Chicago April 18 19 20 has been canceled so I see an extension on shut down happening.
    We are just at the start of this process. The number of infected people, will rise significantly if they ever get enough tests (which are severely lacking right now).

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    IF, people would do what they are being advised to do, then that might not be necessary. However, we have drunken idiots congregating on the beaches, and other businesses (like the track in PA that still plans on running) not following the advise of the medical experts that are advising us.
    Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    We are just at the start of this process. The number of infected people, will rise significantly if they ever get enough tests (which are severely lacking right now).
    Very good posts fryefan, well said.

Yes I agree. as for 7 days not including weekend I dealt with the FDA at my business for inspection part because I was due for a visit part because of this. An the number of ppl that have it that gets reported by the governor is 2 days behind on being announced. And yes things are serious as 5 tradeshows I was to attend canceled. waiting on the 6th one.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Had a permanent permit on the back of my employee I.D. because I worked at a power generating plant. Allowed me to travel to work during any state or national emergency. Got called out to work a few times during adverse weather events when the governor declared a no travel emergency, never got stopped once. Quit fear mongering.
    But if they quit fear mongering what will the bobble head community use as guides to live their lives???be told how to think?what to do? How to act??

Heaven forbid, but they may actually have to think and be responsible citizens all on their own.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

For the Illinois "Shelter in Place" you can still do the following (Sorry the format is really bad):

engage in activities or perform tasks essential to your health and safety or the health and safety of your family and members of your household, including pets. This includes getting medical supplies or medication, visiting a health care professional or getting supplies to work from home. obtain necessary services or supplies like food, pet supplies, household products for themselves or to deliver them to others. engage in outdoor activities like walking, hiking, or running care for a family member or pet in another householdwork at or obtain services at any healthcare operation including but not limited to hospitals, clinics, dentists, pharmacies, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, other healthcare facilities or suppliers, home healthcare providers, mental health providers, medical cannabis dispensaries and more. This also includes veterinary care and all healthcare services provided to animals but does not include fitness and exercise gyms or similar facilities. work at "Essential Businesses" (see below)
    provide any services or perform any work necessary to the operations and maintenance of “Essential Infrastructure,” including but not limited to public works construction, construction of housing (in particular affordable housing or housing for individuals experiencing homelessness), airport operations, water, sewer, gas, electrical, oil refining, roads and highways, public transportation, solid waste collection and removal, internet and telecommunications systems. Some private construction activity may be authorized as well. work in your role as sworn police department and fire department personnel (first responders), emergency management personnel, emergency dispatchers, court personnel, and law enforcement personnel, and others working for or to support "Essential Businesses" perform or access any "Essential Governmental Functions," meaning all services needed to ensure the continuing operation of the government agencies and provide for the health, safety and welfare of the public and all agencies that provide for the health, safety and welfare of the public

Essential businesses include:

healthcare operations and essential infrastructure
    grocery stores, supermarkets, food banks, convenience stores and other establishments engaged in the retail sale of canned food, dry goods, fresh fruits and vegetables, pet supply, fresh meats, fish, poultry and any other household consumer products (such as cleaning and personal care products)
    food cultivation including farming, livestock and fishing
    businesses that provide food, shelter, and social services and other necessities for economically disadvantaged or otherwise needy individuals
    newspapers, television, radio and other media services
    gas stations and auto-supply, auto-repair and related facilities
    banks and related financial institutions
    hardware stores
    plumbers, electricians, exterminators and others who provide services necessary to maintaining the safety, sanitation and essential operation of residences, essential activities, and essential businesses
    businesses providing mailing and shipping services, including post office boxes
    educational institutions—including public and private k-12 schools, colleges and universities—for purposes of facilitating distance learning or performing essential functions
    laundromats, dry cleaners, and laundry service providers
    restaurants and other facilities that prepare and serve food, but only for delivery or carry out. Schools and other entities that typically provide free food services to students or members of the public may continue to do so on the condition that the food is provided to students or members of the public on a pick-up and takeaway basis only. Schools and other entities that provide food services under this exemption shall not permit the food to be eaten at the site where it is provided, or at any other gathering site.
    businesses that supply products needed for people to work from home
    businesses that supply other essential businesses with the support or supplies necessary to operate
    businesses that ship or deliver groceries, food, goods or services directly to residences
    airlines, taxis and other private transportation providers providing transportation services necessary for essential activities and other authorized purposes
    home-based care for seniors, adults or children;
    residential facilities and shelters for seniors, adults and children
    professional services, such as legal or accounting services, when necessary to assist in compliance with legally mandated activities
    childcare facilities providing services that enable employees exempted in this order to work as permitted. To the extent possible, childcare facilities must have groups of the same 12 or fewer children ever day, without changing from one group to another. Multiple groups of children at the same facility must be in separate rooms and cannot mix. Childcare providers have to stay with their same, single group.

so they are closing clothing stores lol

Banks drive thrus manufacturing, delivery like pizza huts and such and much more. From what i heard is til april 7th or 8th so will see. I seen this coming like the rest. Not surprized at all.
    Last edited by t4g2; 03-20-2020 at 04:15 PM.

I saw Hoosier Tire Midwest is closing for the Illinois Shelter in Place but I would think they would fall under the "Auto Supply" and therefore be considered Essential.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsracing View Post
    I saw Hoosier Tire Midwest is closing for the Illinois Shelter in Place but I would think they would fall under the "Auto Supply" and therefore be considered Essential.
    It is thinking like this that will bring on the national quarantine.

I'd assume they closed the factory because of supply and demand. The have enough over stock. As Bridgestone firestone in my town shut down because of over stock. 400 people laid off.

Many factories are closed because we will need those trucks to switch over to hauling products that are needed to keep people alive. The auto plants were closed because they run on a 18 hr inventory. The trucks required for that is many times that of most any other industry. Weight limits have been lifted. Hours of service will be lifted. Nothing racing is essential, even though it seems that way to most of us.