Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Dirtvision

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,323

    Thumbs down Dirtvision

    Charging 9.99 for iracing outlaws race tonight if you donít have a fast pass.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    20

    Default

    What is the issue? Did you complain about the iRacing Nascar race Sunday? It was on a pay to view channel? And please don't respond with the ignorance of "no it wasn't, it was on Fox Sports 1". Cable is a pay to view platform.Life is not free. The sense of entitlement is absurd from society and race fans. As much as you want to continue to receive your paycheck so do those who are putting on this event. Thank you DirtVision for providing entertainment during these trying times.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,323

    Default

    Lol I hope you enjoy your $40 fast pass the next few months. Make sure you donít cancel it so you can keep them employed. First virtual race in history to charge for a ppv event.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Batavia, OH
    Posts
    10,527

    Default

    I signed up right before all this got going. I cancelled last week.
    Droop isn't the problem.

    Arizona Speedway-2
    East Bay-2
    All-Tech-1
    Volusia-1
    Jackson -3
    Mudlick -1
    Moler -1
    Atomic-1

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,323

    Default

    Team vlr is hosting a race April 7-9 with a $14,000 purse $4000 to win not charging a dime for people to watch.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Pennsboro, WV
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Team vlr is hosting a race April 7-9 with a $14,000 purse $4000 to win not charging a dime for people to watch.
    Life isn't free my man. The racing world is going to need us to spend our hard earned $$ to support it this summer, more than ever. If you don't have the $$, don't watch.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,323

    Default

    Itís the principal.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,323

    Default

    Principle***
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Team vlr is hosting a race April 7-9 with a $14,000 purse $4000 to win not charging a dime for people to watch.
    They are also charging a $50 entry for 180 entries. Thatís who is forking over the buck to pay for everything along with some sponsors. Nothing against Team VLR, they do everything professional with the Iracing. Iíll be tuned in to watch.

    I would be upset if Dirtvision was charging an additional 9.99 on top of the 39.99 without any notice. They arenít, so more power to them.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    @ the track
    Posts
    9,550

    Default

    Pay money to watch people play a video game? I'll pass but you guys enjoy.
    Feger Racing
    2010 Hell Tour Champion
    2009 UMP Champion

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Pay money to watch people play a video game? I'll pass but you guys enjoy.
    >>>It'd keep ya off them free japanese porn sites!<<<
    "Move over flag"? Where's the black flag...??

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Powell, TN
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clump O Clay View Post
    What is the issue? Did you complain about the iRacing Nascar race Sunday? It was on a pay to view channel? And please don't respond with the ignorance of "no it wasn't, it was on Fox Sports 1". Cable is a pay to view platform.Life is not free. The sense of entitlement is absurd from society and race fans. As much as you want to continue to receive your paycheck so do those who are putting on this event. Thank you DirtVision for providing entertainment during these trying times.
    To be fair. FS1 is around $1 for the whole month where DirtVision is charging $10 for a one-time viewing. If people don't want to spend that to watch it, then don't.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    2,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    To be fair. FS1 is around $1 for the whole month where DirtVision is charging $10 for a one-time viewing. If people don't want to spend that to watch it, then don't.
    Mike, where is FS1 only $1 a month?? I know I'm not very tech savy, but haven't heard of that!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Life isn't free my man. The racing world is going to need us to spend our hard earned $$ to support it this summer, more than ever. If you don't have the $$, don't watch.
    Well they better be offering us a discount like every other business, restaurant,ect out their right now trying to stay in business. I know i'm hurting and im not alone. So i'll give what i can give to who ever has the best deal.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by champion24 View Post
    Mike, where is FS1 only $1 a month?? I know I'm not very tech savy, but haven't heard of that!
    If you take the amount of channels you get divided by how much your bill is for just cable not internet then you roughly get your answer. Might not be $1 but mine comes out to be about $2.77 a channel.
    Last edited by NeedforLMspeed; 03-25-2020 at 09:31 PM.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sao Palo
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clump O Clay View Post
    What is the issue? Did you complain about the iRacing Nascar race Sunday? It was on a pay to view channel? And please don't respond with the ignorance of "no it wasn't, it was on Fox Sports 1". Cable is a pay to view platform.Life is not free. The sense of entitlement is absurd from society and race fans. As much as you want to continue to receive your paycheck so do those who are putting on this event. Thank you DirtVision for providing entertainment during these trying times.
    The NASCAR race was free
    Push your care, push your burdens aside
    Erase everything inside and leave just one thing on your mind.

    You only live once so just go f'n nuts!!!- Suicide Silence

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,323

    Default

    VLR race going to be on DOD Facebook page... didnít see anything about a pay per view fee. lol
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Powell, TN
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by champion24 View Post
    Mike, where is FS1 only $1 a month?? I know I'm not very tech savy, but haven't heard of that!
    ESPN charges cable and satellite companies around $4 a month to carry all there channels. It may even be a tad higher now, just going off memory. Some channels are pennies on the dollar while others are somewhere in the middle. I figure FS1 is around $1, but could be $1.50. But it's nowhere as close as what ESPN charges. No one else is anywhere close to what they charge.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,575

    Default

    How much was it by dividing what you pay divided by channels you actually watch?

    I got lots of channels, but was only watching NASCAR, so it was $50/month to watch NASCAR, Dirtvision is $39/ 28 days to watch WoO Sprints/Lates/plus some weekly racing.

    You can do math of your choosing to how much a iEvent cost you.

    But I will note since NASCAR has ruined their racing with wide open aero bull bleep I have proudly cancelled my not-cable and only re-up certain months.

    NASCAR's incompetence at being a racing league has saved me some money.
    "The Wise One"

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    139

    Default

    outa try sportztv....nuff said

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2020 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.