Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    to me , there the best fresh water fish there is , i like them fixed about any way there is , but my fav is fried and battered with zatarans southern fish fry , its the one with a little picture of a lemon on front of box , i pried myself with cooking from scratch , but i have never been able to quite duplicate that flavor....BTW , i was telling my daughter , whom is a school teacher and is also staying home , that i left her modified off my list , we work on it every evening , you would not know she is a girl the way she works in the shop and i am really enjoying it.......
    ff, I heartily agree with your preference of crappie/specks being the best tasting fresh water pan-fish!! White bass and blue gill coming in a very close 2nd & 3rd! I've been lucky enough to have done relatively well fishing for white bass at Lake Springfield. We fish Springfield during the time we're down there for the USAC Silver Crown and ARCA 100 miler's on the state fairgrounds mile during the Illinois State Fair. The past couple of years after I figured out what to use and how to catch them I've scored enough for a meal or two. That's in the middle of August and the crappie aren't hitting at all during the dog days of summer. White bass, fresh corn on the cob and fresh green beans out of the garden is as good as it gets. Summer food is the greatest! Period!!

Great to hear that you and your daughter are enjoying these odd times staying occupied working on her mod! Best of luck to her when the racing cranks up again. Let us know how things are going when that time comes.

Everybody stay safe. This too shall pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetters View Post
    I've started playing more Gran Turismo Sport on PS4. You can race against people from all over the world. I'm going to have to get a good wheel and all the rest of the stuff (brake and gas pedal and gear shifter though. There are some really talented people on there for sure.
    I don’t really play games online, but I do go on to GT Sport a couple times a week to daily workouts and make some liveries.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

You have to pay a monthly fee of $9 or so to play online which is a rip off. And the racing is pretty tough. The bad part is the people that use your back bumper for a brake going into a turn. You go off into the pea patch while they continue on.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetters View Post
    You have to pay a monthly fee of $9 or so to play online which is a rip off. And the racing is pretty tough. The bad part is the people that use your back bumper for a brake going into a turn. You go off into the pea patch while they continue on.
    I just pay the 60 bucks each year for PS+, but I admittedly do that mostly for the free games.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    ff, I heartily agree with your preference of crappie/specks being the best tasting fresh water pan-fish!! White bass and blue gill coming in a very close 2nd & 3rd! I've been lucky enough to have done relatively well fishing for white bass at Lake Springfield. We fish Springfield during the time we're down there for the USAC Silver Crown and ARCA 100 miler's on the state fairgrounds mile during the Illinois State Fair. The past couple of years after I figured out what to use and how to catch them I've scored enough for a meal or two. That's in the middle of August and the crappie aren't hitting at all during the dog days of summer. White bass, fresh corn on the cob and fresh green beans out of the garden is as good as it gets. Summer food is the greatest! Period!!

Great to hear that you and your daughter are enjoying these odd times staying occupied working on her mod! Best of luck to her when the racing cranks up again. Let us know how things are going when that time comes.
    I come from a long line of speck fisherman, way before fish finders! We stayed on the move with cane poles and minnows until we found them.Nothing like finding their beds and pitching minnows to them. They couldn't resist! In my later life, we fished with aguide that used nothing but Hal flys, red jig heads with yellow bodies. After we caught 56 in about 1.5 hrs, I became a believer! lol

We could go anytime anywhere and catch more than enough to eat. In the summer, you gotta look for them deep holes where the water is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    I come from a long line of speck fisherman, way before fish finders! We stayed on the move with cane poles and minnows until we found them.Nothing like finding their beds and pitching minnows to them. They couldn't resist! In my later life, we fished with aguide that used nothing but Hal flys, red jig heads with yellow bodies. After we caught 56 in about 1.5 hrs, I became a believer! lol

We could go anytime anywhere and catch more than enough to eat. In the summer, you gotta look for them deep holes where the water is cool.
    Yep. I have little doubt that you're correct on all accounts.

Our problem is we only fish the lakes where we spend time once a year for maybe 2 or 3 days at a time. There are folks catching plenty of crappie at the lakes we spend our time at but they're much like yourself. They know the lakes and, like you, have much experience and expertise in how to catch them when conditions aren't necessarily in their favor. Every year we spend a week camping and boating in southern Illinois in late summer and there are a lot of crappie being caught but they're being caught by people who have been fishing that lake for years, sometimes decades and know their stuff!

I envy guys like you, ZERO. You know what you're doing and it pays off. I've just never took the time to gain the knowledge and hone my skills. Like I said before, someday, God willing we'll have the time to learn what we need to know to make the type of haul that you speak of!
    Last edited by CIRF; 03-27-2020 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    I just pay the 60 bucks each year for PS+, but I admittedly do that mostly for the free games.

I would like to add you to my friends list on Gran Turismo. Then you could check out my records on the daily work outs. Maybe share some set up tips.