Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default There Are Some Bright Spots in the Midst of Racing Shutdown

https://insidedirtracing.com/there-a...cing-shutdown/

This outbreak has definitely created some challenges for the racing industry but there are some bright spots as well

In another thread about racing by Easter I was just informed there isn't any happiness in all of this....anywhere.

And that anyone that finds happiness in anything now a days is just paranoid.....no really, those words were written by a hawk eye scholar that has built furniture out of the cases of toilet paper he hoarded.
    Last edited by Barbecueboy; 03-26-2020 at 12:07 PM.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Hope he doesn't get any of that furniture wet.

Some of you couldn't find a bright spot in a chandelier. There are always bright spots if you are willing to look.

Last night my wife, my daughter, and I played basketball in the driveway against my parents. We’d done that exactly zero times before then. The night before my daughter and I went outside to run hills together to get exercise and then my wife joined us we threw a blanket down and looked at the sky using the star gazer app. Tonight we’re roasting marshmallows and camping in the backyard. I’ve always known I’m blessed to have this life, but it hit me how much I miss getting caught up in stuff that doesn’t matter at all.

I’ll gladly welcome the return of racing, sports, and normalcy when it comes, and I hate that it took chaos and people’s hurting for me to fully appreciate everything I’ve been given. If nothing else I’ve learned I’m lucky as hell to have these people to love and be loved by. I hope I don’t start to forget that one bit going forward.

Money, houses, and all that are great, but it’s just stuff. True happiness is a blue eyed six year old snuggled up excitedly showing you the Big Dipper. I can’t wait to roast those marshmallows.

Thoughts and prayers to all those effected by this. Chin up, fight hard, love harder. We’ll get through this.

The best post on 4m in a very long time. Enjoy the family time and especially the marshmallows.

First class post B_K! Humbling...

B_K this is easily the best thing I've ever read on 4m. Brings a large smile to my face.

Good on you, sir. Let us know how those marsmallows turn out.

That is an awesome post.
    Formerly 66#1

Think I’m going to buy me a couple Redbones and treeing walkers and start back coon hunting.

I enjoyed the read, BK. Have fun appreciating the small stuff.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

BK
    Awesome post! You hit the nail on the head!
    I miss my grandchildren & 1 3 year old great-grandson. I am 63 & have heart issues- heart attacks, open heart surgeries and those things. The kids are still working every day & around lots of people. They & the grandkids are at risk to being exposed. Thank goodness for face time.
    I look forward to things getting somewhat normal sometime soon. God bless each of you here on 4M

Great post Billy! We all miss racing but there are more important things!

Well done BK thank you!

Thanks BK for the excellent post, yes there is a lot more to life than phones, televisions, politics, and even racing.

All that is fine and dandy if you are geared for that sort of thing. I spent 20 years in a semi to get away from all that.

GREAT POST BK, I nominate this for post of the year, drop the mic!!! Hope your having a great time with the family and thanks for letting us all realize what you said!!

That’s awesome BK. I think you’ve talked me into a bonfire for tonight, lol!

It's a shame it took a pandemic to open up our eyes...awesome post!

I really had no intention to write that. Just started typing and it kind of fell out.

Marshmallows were great. We called an audible on the camping as the pollen is working all of us over currently, but that 85 degrees felt pretty good yesterday. Watched Frozen 2 (again) I’m liking it as much as the first one now which is to say not at all.......

What’s new Brett?