Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    CJ is missing a big issue, they don't run on the correct tire compounds anymore. That is a big hindrance. Yet even though 3 corners of your car must have LM20 on a black surface for 100 laps, the feature times at Eldora are indeed better than 10 years ago. Quite a bit better, in fact.

CJ has done a lot in this sport. I like the guy too. But, everything he says isn't true just because he said it.
    you are right MR , i think the world of ole CJ and he contributed greatly to the sport , but technology has passed him by......

Quote Originally Posted by dirty white boy View Post
    can older non raised rail late model still be cooperative in a budget 602 non adj shock class? 1 track big 1/2 mile with lot of banking other track is 1/3 mile with moderate banking, will be a newbie driver and team. ant expecting to dominate, just wanta keep up with the pack!!
    I think the key here is the newbie driver and team. Not sure that means totally new or just new to the class but if experience is really low then I would run the older car without a second thought. Do some basic upgrades and get some seat time and experience and not tear up a newer car.

This is assuming you already have the older car or found one dirt cheap.

so I've got a crazy question, so everyone thinks they need to travel 4-5 inches to win, sorry guys it just isn't so

there are ways to load the rr with out shoving the right front threw the fender, lol,
    ill leave all alone, fun to read though

it goes back to good notes and working on your car
    Last edited by grt74; 04-01-2020 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grt74 View Post
    so I've got a crazy question, so everyone thinks they need to travel 4-5 inches to win, sorry guys it just isn't so

there are ways to load the rr with out shoving the right front threw the fender, lol,
    ill leave all alone, fun to read though

it goes back to good notes and working on your car
    Sure you can. But it don't get the blade in the same place and the shape of the load curve matters too.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Sure you can. But it don't get the blade in the same place and the shape of the load curve matters too.
    masters we have posted alot together, i do value your opinion, while most don't know how or have the drive to do it

you can take an old car, build the body to get it in stance and tweak here and there, while i agree that no you can't take an old car out that has not had the work done and win, you can however do the work and win,

in the end you save money because you can buy an old car cheap and tweak it, it will work for the crate class, supers you better have your chit together
    Last edited by grt74; 04-01-2020 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grt74 View Post
    masters we have posted alot together, i do value your opinion, while most don't know how or have the drive to do it

you can take an old car, build the body to get it in stance and tweak here and there, while i agree that no you can't take an old car out that has not had the work done and win, you can however do the work and win,

in the end you save money because you can buy an old car cheap and tweak it, it will work for the crate class, supers you better have your chit together
    We have an 03 Masters. I hear ya. But almost no one is going to do anything with a car that old but race it. I thought we were talking about leaving it as is. I agree if you are going to fix it.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

CJ is missing a big issue, they don't run on the correct tire compounds anymore. That is a big hindrance. Yet even though 3 corners of your car must have LM20 on a black surface for 100 laps, the feature times at Eldora are indeed better than 10 years ago. Quite a bit better, in fact.

CJ has done a lot in this sport. I like the guy too. But, everything he says isn't true just because he said it.
    Yep, put the supers at eastbay back on 1100's and watch the lap times drop faster than the current stock market!

Quote Originally Posted by dirty white boy View Post
    krooser im hoping you and that mopar'ed masterbeater dose well this season!!

learning setup biggest thing im after right now!
    That's a Studebaker I'm running... don't go starting any rumors that might force me to go underground with my operation.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

grt , you are not factoring in the control of rear steer with these new set ups , which i think is as important as any thing , they have more speed through the turn and by hardly running any stagger , you have more straightaway speed , im not trying to discourage any one , and the OP says he just wants to keep up and that is achievable but thats all , and that old chassis of page,s every one refers to is no where near the same chassis as it started out as.......

What about running the LRF shock? I see some still run it...some do not.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    grt , you are not factoring in the control of rear steer with these new set ups , which i think is as important as any thing , they have more speed through the turn and by hardly running any stagger , you have more straightaway speed , im not trying to discourage any one , and the OP says he just wants to keep up and that is achievable but thats all , and that old chassis of page,s every one refers to is no where near the same chassis as it started out as.......
    You saying Page lied? He said that car he drove at Volusia was unmodified.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

i have saw the car , i guess ones idea of unmodified is different from another , i would not necessarily call it lying though , he is like most and is not gone tell you every thing , nor will I ........

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    i have saw the car , i guess ones idea of unmodified is different from another , i would not necessarily call it lying though , he is like most and is not gone tell you every thing , nor will I ........
    He may have specifically said the crossmember and frame rail. I forget for sure now.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

any body know the difference in a 13 and a icon bwrc? raising a rail an a rack dont seem to be to big a deal if thats the big difference in old an new besides bolt on parts.
    white trash motorsports