Default Does anyone remember when this used to be a racing forum?

It has turned into a political forum. Hopefully, it will return to a racing forum again soon.

Dang it just to think about how we complained about folks bashing Bloomer and Pierce over their fan loyalty and how we b!tched about Madden or Bronson door slamming somebody now we just wish something was going on on a track we could talk smack about. I admit I was one that got irritated as hades about a track throwing up a event on top of another area event but after this ordeal I’ll never b!tch about a track holding a event ever again.

Carolina Clash still going to happen this weekend? Shows on DoD it's not called off yet

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Carolina Clash still going to happen this weekend? Shows on DoD it's not called off yet
    It will be. The state of nc will shut them down
    Last edited by HIGH ROLLER; 04-01-2020 at 12:03 AM.

All racing is cancelled due to coronavirus, so there is no racing to talk about..
    Might as well talk about the coronavirus and politics . Otherwise the forum will just be dead..

Anybody remember when there were races?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Yea it's really unfortunate what is happening. But, right now with what's going on. I'll happily sit at home and watch my mav tv, speedsport, and reruns of the all star racing. This sh*t spreads faster than a California wild fire. Promotors that spent money on there facilities are going to take chances if the authorities don't close them down. The guys that live off there racing incomes are the guys I wonder about. They may see another 2 months without any dollars coming in.

Bloomer is getting a chance for that hip to heal properly I'm sure. Track schedules, sanctioning bodies, there all sitting back and watching. I think if central pa goes back to racing you may see some outlaw teams show up. As for the late model guys, who knows, are they going to travel to a local track that has a strong enough purse to make it worth it ?

Only time will tell...

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Yea it's really unfortunate what is happening. But, right now with what's going on. I'll happily sit at home and watch my mav tv, speedsport, and reruns of the all star racing. This sh*t spreads faster than a California wild fire. Promotors that spent money on there facilities are going to take chances if the authorities don't close them down. The guys that live off there racing incomes are the guys I wonder about. They may see another 2 months without any dollars coming in.

Bloomer is getting a chance for that hip to heal properly I'm sure. Track schedules, sanctioning bodies, there all sitting back and watching. I think if central pa goes back to racing you may see some outlaw teams show up. As for the late model guys, who knows, are they going to travel to a local track that has a strong enough purse to make it worth it ?

Only time will tell...
    I wonder who has to give sponsor money back? They aren't racing. I wonder how many regional teams will not be able to race because they are funded by companies that are closed or are in a severe downturn?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Look at 2008-2010 and see how many sponsors made cuts in racing budgets or scrapped racing sponsorship totally, especially non-endemic brands. I’m not a doomsday guy, quite the opposite. But companies that were ok during a strong economy will struggle to cope with this crisis, at least in the near term of one to three years. That includes race tracks, race teams and sanctioning bodies. It will be particularly interesting to watch regional series in 2020, some will pull the plug on their 2020 schedules by June is my thought.
    I hate time trials.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    It has turned into a political forum. Hopefully, it will return to a racing forum again soon.
    its no different than every thing else , TV , radio , news paper and internet , thats all you hear or read 24/7 , but it will be back , as for me , im looking so forward to going to my first world 100 after trying to go for so long , i hope and pray this is over by then and it can go on , im really looking forward to meeting some of you guys at eldora , keeping my fingers crossed.......

I'm hoping things clear up and we can see some races celebrating the victory over this enemy.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    Give or take about 10 yrs ago?