Default REPLAY: 1995 Jackson 100 from Brownstown Speedway

James Essex visited the studios of Thirsty Goat Entertainment and brought along his extensive video catalog. He sat down with Dustin Roller and Ryan Bowling of Thirsty Goat Entertainment and re recorded the 1995 Jackson 100 with new commentary.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZCmyrbai2g
    Chris Nunn
    812-320-7435
    transitionaddress@hotmail.com

Great trip down memory lane. Thanks Chris

Some great content from James recently that's definitely worth checking out.

He did a podcast a few weeks ago, https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https...P2EMZLD0o6DNEI

He mentions the "anniversary" race at Brownstown and eluded to some contraversy surrounding the event. Anybody got the story behind this??

Pierce needed just one more caution

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Some great content from James recently that's definitely worth checking out.

He did a podcast a few weeks ago, https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https...P2EMZLD0o6DNEI

He mentions the "anniversary" race at Brownstown and eluded to some contraversy surrounding the event. Anybody got the story behind this??
    I was only 12 in 1994 when the Anniversary race happened, but I think the controversy happened when a sponsor, im wanting to say Lees Inn didnt come up with their end of the sponsorship, and it took forever for the money to get paid by Roger Williams.
    Chris Nunn
    812-320-7435
    transitionaddress@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNunn View Post
    I was only 12 in 1994 when the Anniversary race happened, but I think the controversy happened when a sponsor, im wanting to say Lees Inn didnt come up with their end of the sponsorship, and it took forever for the money to get paid by Roger Williams.
    Yes. That's why Bloomquist wasn't at the '95 race. I dont know if he ever got the full amount.

Where did he finish? The results on DoD don't show him the 94' feature results.

I went to the Jackson 100 for ten years the whole time Roger Williams ran brownstown one of the best promoters around back then if a driver wasn't at his track he knew why they were not there most of time back then there would be 100 cars in pits.

I think the controversy surrounded some checks that were not good. Unfortunately that put a bad mark on Brownstown for a few years. James Essex did an excellent job of getting things turned back around in the right direction.

Great race! Thanks for posting the link Chris.
    Last edited by BILL47A; 04-02-2020 at 11:59 PM.

Thanks for the info guys......as my age increases my memory decreases but mention of the payout situation definitely rings a bell. And yes, back in the Roger & James era Brownstown was at it's peak and I consider my self lucky to have attended so many great races. Growing up on the corner of 250 & Sugar St. it was hard not to become a fan.

I remember it being a USA Today top tracks in the country. Saw some great races there.

That was a good one...watched it last night. Great win by Boggs, heck of a run by Pierce in a borrowed car, and nice to hear names from up my way (like Pohlman, jr. and Clemmons). I'm looking forward to seeing some other ones, too.

Thanks for sharing!

Tader Masters looks like a chubby 17 year old in victory lane!

That must be the car that Tader has in the window at the Mastersbilt shop today...how many wins did that MB/Cornett win back then? Wow....

Almost makes me want to hang a body on the ‘95 MJ McBride wide combo thats in my shop and turn a lap at Shawano...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

It's tough to watch the races from the '90s. They look so slow.