Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dirtondirt

Default Dirtondirt

Great race recommendations? Post them here to help get threw the covid bs!

Thumbs up Farmer City DAY race

Farmer City when they get it right.

https://www.dirtondirt.com/video.php?watch=8955
    8/13/16

Thanks hh!

Cool A Wild One @ Florence

8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Farmer City when they get it right.https://www.dirtondirt.com/video.php?watch=8955
    Agreed........

It seems like more late model races have been posted to Floracing lately than there have been to Dirt on Dirt. The Dirt Station races posted on DoD have been outstanding, and I really hope they post more of them. I don’t subscribe to Floracing, but I do subscribe to DoD. I was afraid when Flo purchased DoD that it would go to sh*t, and I am beginning to feel like that will happen with DoD becoming a red headed stepchild. When my subscription comes to an end, I will not be renewing.

Interesting facts HRF. I still don't fully understand the Flo Racing/DoD deal. I do know that my DoD video's are now buffering during playback. Did Floracing back off on the video quality playback? I am not computer savvy so it could be on my end but I don't seem to be having any issues elsewhere.
    So FR and DoD are one in the same? To get Flo, I pay them separately? Seems like a scam. Since I've watched pert near 100 races so far during lockdown, by the time the house arrest is over, I might be done as well.
    I've always been 100% satisfied with Rigsby and Co. Been my go to dirt fix for years. Change sux
    8/13/16

I’m one of Dirtondirts biggest supporters, but I’m also wondering some things. If Flo bought DirtonDirt and it’s apart of Flo now, why are both websites using different dirt racing content? You would think Flo would use the DOD content. I can’t see paying for both subs.

Default Jacksonville 2012

8/13/16

Thanks HH! Good stuff...

I'll address some questions here ...

1. For the person having "Buffering" issues. Literally nothing is different. EXACT SAME technology DoD has used for 13 years (albeit updated every year of course) ... so there is literally nothing Flo has done there at all. Literally nothing is different, so yes I'd say it's on your end.

2. To the person who said ... "I don't understand why this content is different" ... quite simply ... there are two different websites. DoD has been the home of dirt late model racing for 13 years, and will continue to be that for as long as we operate. Virtually every dirt late model video that has appeared on Flo ... has also been on DoD. With the Dream and World appearing LIVE on Flo this year, we are building up some late model audience on Flo for the time being, in lead-up to those two events. But that EXACT SAME late model content has appeared on DoD AND Flo.

3. "Red-headed stepchild" comment ... couldn't be more wrong. At all. Don't really have anything else to say there ... except no. To that point ... we are turning our more content on DoD right now than EVER BEFORE. Literally our content team (Video and written) is NON-STOP ... so ... no... to answer that one.

4. "Why two subscriptions" .. it is my hope that one day they will be ONE COMBINED subscription, but to say that's a heavy undertaking ... coding, programming, yada, yada would be an understatement. One day that will likely happen but right now we don't have the time to do it. Eventually ... likely ... but for right now no.

Hope those answers help. Email me any time at michael@dirtondirt.com

Stay safe all and see you at the races soon (hopefully!)

Thank You for the response.
    8/13/16

Didn’t expect this post to go this way lol.

I would love to see more updates with them calling and talking to drivers like they have been doing versus watching old races that are very blurry. Do more behind the scenes stuff like go to a driver's shop and get a tour and explain what all happens during that week and so on

Quote Originally Posted by DirtonDirt View Post
    I'll address some questions here4. "Why two subscriptions" .. it is my hope that one day they will be ONE COMBINED subscription, but to say that's a heavy undertaking ... coding, programming, yada, yada would be an understatement. One day that will likely happen but right now we don't have the time to do it. Eventually ... likely ... but for right now no. Hope those answers help. Email me any time at michael@dirtondirt.com Stay safe all and see you at the races soon (hopefully!)
    This should happen sooner rather than later, an example was last week Flo doing the Eldora stuff, as a long time DOD subscriber that was unavailable to me and I’m not paying for both. Plus why isn’t there time, seems like now with everything at a standstill would be the perfect time to make this happen. Thank you Michael

Actually right now would not be a good time for that. If, and when, they do "combine subscriptions" it is going to cost more. Some of us could afford that, but those people who did not plan ahead and save money for situations like this (covid-19 pandemic) could not afford a "combined subscription" at this time.

these ppv sites do little for the sport. if they cared 1 bit about dirt racing they would open up the archives and would be flooding social media with races.

Dod and DIRTVision’s ppvs archives are open. Just need an account

Jayd everything posted on flo is already available on dod.