View Poll Results: Would you go to the races now if the tracks were open?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

82 58.99%
  • No

57 41.01%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I would have to think rural areas are at a much lesser threat to contact the virus.
    All it takes is for one person to visit a city and bring the virus back to their small town. It then wouldn't take much to overload the hospital network I'm a rural area.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    And there you have it folks. It's the reason why we are still sitting at home. NO ONE LISTENS. So someone has to make that choice for little Johnnie because he lives in a hot bed where this virus is spreading but he thinks the government is out to get him. San Francisco's mayor shut that city down, and the results showed the spread of the virus lessened. The government, the president, there not the ones to blame. Look around, it's the ones that refuse to listen. I think I'm taking a flight to Italy and a cruise coming home. Cya at the racetrack when I get back.
    So what's New York's excuse for being the worst place in the world right now. Guvnuh Coumo has locked them down and look where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetters View Post
    So what's New York's excuse for being the worst place in the world right now. Guvnuh Coumo has locked them down and look where they are.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...ronavirus.html

This article will explain it. This fool spread her disease all over, yet has nothing to say but blame Trump.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Ok genius, how can anybody prove they got sick at a racetrack? That doesn't make sense at all.

It's scary how many of you are drinking the Kool Aid and doing exactly what the fake news media mob want you to do, which is beg the government to take away your Constitutional freedoms. You should have paid more attention in history class so that you'd realize that's more dangerous than a virus.
    Dude, come off of it. The evil government is not out to permanently take away your freedoms. In the short term, they’d really like it if you would chill out in place for a bit though. Without a vaccine, and with limited medical personnel and PPE, the only way to slow the spread is to keep the population isolated and limit interpersonal contact. It’s not some tinfoil hat conspiracy, it’s common sense use of the tools at hand. And those of you hollering about rural places running a lower risk, consider this: The rural health care system is generally less well equipped to deal with an influx of patients needing intensive care. Flatten the curve people; it’s the best shot we have at getting through this and seeing racing sooner than later. Don’t be a selfish prick.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

A tall curve gets us to racing sooner. But, there are a lot more burials. It bothers me when people say a flattened curve gets us back to normal sooner, that is false.

A recovered infection is equal to a vaccination. Social distance saves the lives of those with marginal survival odds and healthcare workers. It is a selfless decision. It may be the correct decision. It actually lengthens the process.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 04-05-2020 at 02:43 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

t3r3e3 then why is the CDC wanting to inflate the numbers and blame the virus for cases that are not COVID in reality?

CDC Tells Hospitals To List COVID as Cause of Death Even if You're Just Assuming or It Only Contributed

Issued March 24, the guidance tells hospitals to list COVID-19 as a cause of death regardless of whether or not there’s actual testing to confirm that’s the case.

Instead, even if the coronavirus was just a contributing factor or if it’s “assumed to have caused or contributed to death,” it can be listed as the primary cause.

They want to intentionally inflate the numbers, but you ask no questions???

t3r3e3 So not wanting another great depression where poverty, suicides, and drug use are a bigger problem than the virus is selfish? Yeah, OK.

The mortality rate is going to end up being the same as the common flu. It's likely more contagious, which means many of us have had it already and not even known. Which in turn means many of us are now immume and can resume daily life without risk. Another great depression simply cannot happen.
    Last edited by GEAR_HEAD; 04-05-2020 at 03:52 PM.

So not wanting another great depression where poverty, suicides, and drug use are a bigger problem than the virus is selfish? Yeah, OK.
    That's a great point. Poverty kills too.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

I believe some on here could balance the budget, end world hunger, and cure cancer before supper.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Default t3r3e3

The evil government is not out to permanently take away your freedoms.
    As a Libertarian and non-conspiracy theory non-tin-hat wearing person, I’d totally disagree with you. That is my opinion only, as you are entitled to yours as well.

Default t3r3e3

The evil government is not out to permanently take away your freedoms.
    Law cases on point - https://scholarship.law.duke.edu/cgi...ty_scholarship

Years from now the exact same will be written about COVID-19

Thumbs up

The further we go into this and the more fear-mongering I see the less severe I think the situation is. My take is, this was a man-made bug, released as a hail-mary to derail our economy and the 2020 election. Since this isn't a political forum I won't go into details and gripes but that is what I believe to be true, a "CCP-Plandemic" super hyped by MSM with obvious designs on an outcome of their choosing.

Let's go Racing!

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    I believe some on here could balance the budget, end world hunger, and cure cancer before supper.
    You betcha. Happens 4-5 times a day over on the tailgate section.
    8/13/16

Or they continue to spew the CNN and MSDNC gloom and door and fear mongering like a bunch of sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    Law cases on point - https://scholarship.law.duke.edu/cgi...ty_scholarshipYears from now the exact same will be written about COVID-19
    What has the government done in this current situation thats even remotely similar to anything in that article ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    What has the government done in this current situation thats even remotely similar to anything in that article ?
    Deprived people of their right to operate their business. That's worse than spying without due process.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by Taboo62 View Post
    The further we go into this and the more fear-mongering I see the less severe I think the situation is. My take is, this was a man-made bug, released as a hail-mary to derail our economy and the 2020 election. Since this isn't a political forum I won't go into details and gripes but that is what I believe to be true, a "CCP-Plandemic" super hyped by MSM with obvious designs on an outcome of their choosing.

Let's go Racing!
    You're on it!!!

Thank you!!! I do my best!!!

t3r3e3 So not wanting another great depression where poverty, suicides, and drug use are a bigger problem than the virus is selfish? Yeah, OK.

The mortality rate is going to end up being the same as the common flu. It's likely more contagious, which means many of us have had it already and not even known. Which in turn means many of us are now immume and can resume daily life without risk. Another great depression simply cannot happen.
    As a nation, we have to prioritize and execute. Pick the most pressing threat first (the virus) and tackle it first. Attention can be given to the economy, but the other concerns should be dealt with after the virus spread is reduced. If we as a nation don’t get a handle on the virus in the short term we’re not going to have an economy. You can’t turn people loose and not expect to further strain, and eventually collapse the health care system. There are only so many doctors, paramedics, nurses, and support personnel. We have no vaccine, and are running out of PPE to protect the medical folks. Collapse the health care system and you can forget about the rest of it. If anything, this pandemic may hopefully cause our nation to revamp segments of our economy and shorten up the global supply chain. It’s hard to get needed supplies and medicines when they’re made in China and India. Some percentage of that manufacturing needs to come back home.

And you can keep claiming the mortality rate for Covid-19 will be the same as influenza, and you’ll continue to be wrong. Wishing it to be true does not make it true. The worldwide data, and data in the US, tells a different story.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

The fact that 85% of people have no or only mild symptoms means many, many people had the virus and recovered and had no idea they even had it, and obviously they didn't die. Once that info is gathered the mortality rate will tank to flu levels, or less.