View Poll Results: Would you go to the races now if the tracks were open?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

82 58.99%
  • No

57 41.01%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Would you go to the races now if the tracks were open?

About time this question was asked!!
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetters; 04-04-2020 at 04:21 PM.

It would depend on the scenario for me.

If we were still dealing with the Corona Virus but there were no regulations or anything limiting mass gatherings or anything then I’d have no problem going to the track.

However with all the restrictions and executive orders we have now that are keeping tracks from opening, I would not go and support a track that decided to ignore all of that and run anyway and would be unlikely to attend that track on the future.

Depends on what race and where. Hell yes I would and so wouldn't numerous others...

The scenario has been set. Maybe I should have made the poll anonymous so more people would vote.

But I wanted to see names!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetters View Post
    The scenario has been set. Maybe I should have made the poll anonymous so more people would vote.

But I wanted to see names!!! lol
    Yeah, names!! 😎

Any track that would excercise our CONSTITUTIONAL rights by opening I would definitely support. Not allowing businesses to operate is so unconstitutional it's not even funny.

I'd go, but I'd be in the pits interacting with only a couple people and not sitting in the stands next to hundreds of people.

i race, and go by my self half the time. i understand why you cant have a grandstand full of people but it would be nice to be able to have a few practices and just limit people and space guys out

Probably, but I’d be wandering around the pits and stands looking for the least populated area to
    Watch.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

If you think about it, it would be no different than going into a gas station or just being out in public in general. You don't have to get near anyone while you're at the track. It's pretty easy to keep your distance. If it were a lucas or outlaw show it may be a little harder to pull off, but I would still be going.

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    I'd go, but I'd be in the pits interacting with only a couple people and not sitting in the stands next to hundreds of people.
    I as well.
    8/13/16

Only if they had tier parking

How else are they going to discover the miracle cure for Covid19? Fumes from racing engines kill the virus! Higher octane or alcohol works best.

I'm in Wisconsin and we are not that bad off in the rural areas yet. He!! yes I would go. I'd maybe keep a bit of room between myself and others but I would very much like to go. Instead of another tee shirt I'd maybe buy some custom masks at a vendor trailer (Hint, hint, someone should make these) or a bandana would work.

forgive me , the quote isnt working

Josh Bayko

Probably, but I’d be wandering around the pits and stands looking for the least populated area to

you never voted ..... pick yes or no

your non answer is unaccceptable
    The Stranger: Somebody left the door open and the wrong dogs came home.

Tier parking yes

Pits, probably

Stands, nope.

Absolutely not ... unless it was tier parking. And only then if everything about it felt right. In other words ... 99% no. And that probably won’t change for a few months.

I would go but I would also not encourage anyone else to go, That would have to totally be their choice.

Maybe not the right choice, but I would take the chance.
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetters; 04-04-2020 at 09:25 PM.

At this point, I’m just hoping to still attend my two favorite race weekends — the North/South and the World 100. That’s August and September, and I’m not at all confident about either.

Talking

I'd go. Maybe just wear a jock strap or a baseball cup over your face. The smell from that should be enough to kill some coronavirus.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Easy no given the current reality. If you truly want racing to happen sooner than later, the best thing to do is limit contact with other people and slow the spread of this thing. Racing will start back up once the disease gets under control. As it stands now, it’s not worth the risk. Going to go the track potentially endangers not only yourself, but the other fans, the racers, the track workers, and eventually your family, friends you see, maybe your neighbors, and definitely the people providing those essential services you come into contact with on your supply runs. Racing, like baseball. football, or any other crowd-attended sporting event, just isn’t worth it right now.
    Last edited by t3r3e3; 04-05-2020 at 01:26 AM.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...