View Poll Results: Would you go to the races now if the tracks were open?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

82 58.99%
  • No

57 41.01%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    Law cases on point - https://scholarship.law.duke.edu/cgi...ty_scholarship

Years from now the exact same will be written about COVID-19
    Respectfully, the Coronavirus is not 9/11. Look at the national response from all the principal Asian and European nations. The US is mostly taking similar sheltering measures as those nations. It’s epidemiology 101. A temporary restriction in travel and congregation slows the spread of an airborne pathogen through the population.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    What has the government done in this current situation thats even remotely similar to anything in that article ?
    I’d gather from your posting that you did not take the time to read the link in its entirety. If not, you wouldn’t have asked what you did. Nonetheless, and that being said - The precedent has already been established, as your current freedom (or right) to congregate at a racetrack, has been halted. Hopefully you will take it upon yourself to look into this. I provided a few links if that helps further. Stay safe.

“The government’s gonna do what the government’s gonna do, and we’ll find out later, maybe years later, whether it was constitutional,” he said, adding that not everything that the government does in a public health crisis is likely to be constitutional.
    In short: Congress cannot force American companies to make a choice between their constitutional rights or their economic life. These unconstitutional, unrelated provisions ought to be stripped from this draft legislation. In the midst of a public health and economic crisis, relief should not be held up over unrelated policy goals.
    https://reason.com/2020/04/01/will-c...-constitution/

https://www.ifs.org/expert-analysis/...ndment-rights/

https://news.stlpublicradio.org/post...id-19#stream/0

Respectfully, the Coronavirus is not 9/11.
    Respectfully back to you. Personally, IMHO, I think the Liberty infringement(s) of both 9/11 and COVID-19, directly correlate. You may not feel that way, and that’s your Right.

Look at the national response from all the principal Asian and European nations. The US is mostly taking similar sheltering measures as those nations.
    You might want to take a look at this. Its very enlightening. COVID-19 Civic Freedom Tracker - https://www.icnl.org/covid19tracker/

Armenia - The decree declares a "state of emergency" to respond to the novel coronavirus, and provides for the suspension of certain constitutional rights and freedoms, including freedom of movement and freedom of peaceful assembly.
    Serbia - The order imposes a curfew from 5pm to 5am on weekdays, during which individuals may not leave their homes, and prohibits elderly persons from leaving their homes except for Saturdays from 4pm to 7pm. The order also prohibits groups of two or more people from standing or moving together in a public place.

There is no way that I would in the current situation. There will be plenty of races to attend when this clears up this fall or next year.
    Last edited by fryefan; 04-05-2020 at 11:49 PM.

Here is my thoughts on "would i go to the races if the tracks were open".. I would have to say "no", and here is why.. I had a kidney transplant 3 years ago... I waited 6+ plus years for that kidney, and I was on home dialysis for 10 hours a day for 3 years... and I still worked every day, until I got my call at 11 pm at night... Had to go to Madison, Wisconsin for the transplant.. and during that time my best friend passed away from bone cancer.. I could not even go to his wake.. we went to the races 2 or so times a week for over 35 years.... I drive a truck in the construction industry and my kidney doctor ordered me to stay home inside for 4 weeks.. so far, i still have my job.. i hope.. so, what i am saying, please dont take a risk of any kind in this time we are in, the world has changed so much, we all have had better days in the past.. so, hopefully we be able to go again soon.. our lives are at such a fine line with anything we do.. i for one am really scared, so, please guys, be very careful and please be safe !.. i want to see you at the track again !
    Last edited by XRACER1993; 04-06-2020 at 06:14 AM.

I voted no because the job that I do, is what allows me to race and afford it. They have recommendations on what we should/shouldn't do and I will abide by those until things clear up or a vaccine has been found. My thought is there will be plenty of days ahead we can go racing.

With the rate of spread of the virus at this time , I would not attend a race. In two more months, the rate may have slowed down by then. I will evaluate the situation in two months and be careful about where I go to a race.

Creating a Police State 101

1) Scare the hell out of the populace.
    2) Force businesses to be government controlled.
    3) Turn society against its own people.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetters View Post
    Thank you!!! I do my best!!!
    hey , give ole FF a little credit , h3ll , me and you could probably solve any thing CW...lol....as for going to the races , i think TerryM had the best answer for me , i would go sit in my truck or maybe go in the pits , but not in the stands , and probably a dumb azz for doing the first two , but it wouldn't be the first time......

Would I go to a race absolutely yes
    Also read an article that said that China made and sent the virus to several countries if true should be a terrorist attack not good at all the facts are there I researched it myself they did it to tear down our economy looks like it just might happen

Absolutely I would go!!!!

If I had health problems, I would not. Even though I am older, I would go.

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    hey , give ole FF a little credit , h3ll , me and you could probably solve any thing CW...lol....as for going to the races , i think TerryM had the best answer for me , i would go sit in my truck or maybe go in the pits , but not in the stands , and probably a dumb azz for doing the first two , but it wouldn't be the first time......
    Could you help me solve CIRF's obsession of trying to get me to say Jack Hewitt is the greatest. My PM's are really getting a work out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    If I had health problems, I would not. Even though I am older, I would go.
    Well it appears the 60% would actually go. That leaves the grandstands and promoters with a huge problem. So many would not open with the scare if they were even allowed to.

Well it appears the 60% would actually go. That leaves the grandstands and promoters with a huge problem. So many would not open with the scare if they were even allowed to.
    Yeah, because the 100 of us on 4m is a large representation of the dirt racing community. Most people on here are sheep and believe everything the fake news media tell them.

At the rates deaths and hospitalizations are decreasing people will feel a lot differently in a few weeks.

And that is only 60% of the diehards. The casual fans would be a lot less likely to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    The fact that 85% of people have no or only mild symptoms means many, many people had the virus and recovered and had no idea they even had it, and obviously they didn't die. Once that info is gathered the mortality rate will tank to flu levels, or less.
    Those no symptom cases are a real doozy lol

I predict that the minute a racing venue opens, they will have a crowd. Looking forward to the Latham at Florence May 6th

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    I predict that the minute a racing venue opens, they will have a crowd. Looking forward to the Latham at Florence May 6th
    I think you may be disappointed.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Some are just like the people that went to mardi gra now louisiana and new orleans has spiked in cases and just like spring breakers in florida. The idiot guy that was on saying nothing will stop him from partying died last week because of it and the other guy that licked the toilet seat 3 days ago now he has this. But yeah no problem here just close our eyes and everything will be just fine.