View Poll Results: Would you go to the races now if the tracks were open?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

82 58.99%
  • No

57 41.01%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    Some are just like the people that went to mardi gra now louisiana and new orleans has spiked in cases and just like spring breakers in florida. The idiot guy that was on saying nothing will stop him from partying died last week because of it and the other guy that licked the toilet seat 3 days ago now he has this. But yeah no problem here just close our eyes and everything will be just fine.
    Anecdotes are just that, though. Plenty will lick a toilet seat and be just fine. The odds are pretty easy to get your hands on. It, just like Russian Roulette, some get the bullet.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Some are just like the people that went to mardi gra now louisiana and new orleans has spiked in cases and just like spring breakers in florida. The idiot guy that was on saying nothing will stop him from partying died last week because of it and the other guy that licked the toilet seat 3 days ago now he has this. But yeah no problem here just close our eyes and everything will be just fine.
    The idiot kid was Brady Sluder from Milford, OH. What he did/said was stupid but l don’t believe he died.

Lightbulb Some numbers ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    With the rate of spread of the virus at this time , I would not attend a race. In two more months, the rate may have slowed down by then. I will evaluate the situation in two months and be careful about where I go to a race.
    I got tired of listening or trusting ANY MSM media so I started documenting the numbers given out by the CDC and the Georgia dept of health regarding, "infection numbers", "hospitalizations" and "deaths". The national infection rate, as percentage growth, has been slowing since 3/17 when it was 67%.

The last weeks numbers from:
    3/29 - 4/5 are as follows: 15%, 16%, 14%, 15%, 12%, 16%, 10%, 9%.

Now thats still upwards of 25K+ cases per day(Nationally), but if you go to the CDC website and read the small print below the advertised numbers graph, it isnt as big as they say because they are adding

"Confirmed cases together with Suspected cases"

and calling it just "Confirmed" on the news, which is what the media reports as "Confirmed". Death rate is running about 2.50% daily Nationally. And we also know that politicians and those possed to benefit from this situation are making completely false claims, like that baby that supposedly died with it, but then they had to retract it later. But once they make the claim the fear is already unleashed, so retracting does little to help. Over here it seems to be the reverse of China, where they stopped attributing any deaths to the CCP-19, we seem to be attributing everything to CCP-19. Its a toiugh spot for Trump, he can't just call them on it because it does exist and they're already working on yet another impeachment angle. I think this is why he's been trying so hard to keep as many business open during this time so we have as much as possible still running to re-fire the economy later on.

Its getting stupid around me, of course all restraunts are closed on the inside, drive thru only, but at BK today they held a plastic container out the window for my debit card, then once inside she took the card out of the container, swiped it, put it back in container and handed it back to me, all while wearing loves. The bag was handed out on a tray as well.
    Last edited by Taboo62; 04-07-2020 at 03:59 PM.

The real truth is that this virus has been pushed by globalists and it's bought and paid for medias. It is not much more dangerous than the worst flues. The numbers of people that have had this virus and not even known it would be the telling story. But they don't want that known. They just want this virus to ruin the economy and the president.

The left is pushing hard now for mail in ballots, they plan to steal all elections that they can.

Too many facts too overlook. Unless one does not want to know the truth.

The nation has been deceived, the world has too.

Lightbulb Be safe, Be smart, but keep your eyes open

...The idiot guy that was on saying nothing will stop him from partying died last week because of it and the other guy that licked the toilet seat 3 days ago now he has this. ...
    This is what I'm talking about, people reading garbage on FB and other places and stating it as fact elsewhere. The fear takes over their lives and soon they are so worked up they're begging the gov to take all their rights so they can "feel" safe. Do some research, beyond FB and CBS or CNN or MSNBC or Don "Freakin'" Lemon.

On the other hand, I completely undrestand someone with health issues not wanting to risk it and following every directive, I'm home outta work right now because my uncle has lung/heart issues, is 66 and catches pneumonia 4 times a year, if he got CCP-19 he'd most likely die. He owns the business I work for so we are closed until they sound the all clear, "for him".

The elderly and those with underlying conditions can continue to isolate while the rest of keep the economy going. It's really not that difficult.

87% of New York deaths were people with underlying conditions. Typically diabetes and high blood pressure. 63% were over age 70.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

St. David’s adjusts pay for employees working less to avoid layoffs, furloughs - https://www.kxan.com/investigations/...ffs-furloughs/

Cookeville hospital confirms approximately 400 layoffs amid coronavirus pandemic - https://fox17.com/news/local/cookevi...virus-pandemic

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Yeah, because the 100 of us on 4m is a large representation of the dirt racing community. Most people on here are sheep and believe everything the fake news media tell them.

At the rates deaths and hospitalizations are decreasing people will feel a lot differently in a few weeks.
    Spot on!!!

I think that everybody is ignoring the fact that we're the fattest nation on earth, what's the obesity rate? It's pretty danged high. So yeah if like 25% of people are living day to day off cheetos and mountain dew that's 25 percent of people that plain old have an underlying health condition that everybody is too PC to look straight in the face and call a spade. Hopefully a whole lot of people will look at how they live, right now.

Everybody knows that the worse this gets the better it is for Nancy Pelosi and company and that's the bottom line. I've said it before, if impeachment worked this wouldn't be a story. Is it bad? Yeah sure but it's not THAT bad. err excuse me, if you survive this climate change will kill you.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

So youre saying this has some political undertones? If so it seems to be backfiring in terms of damaging Mr. Trump........like they all have.

I have no problem with what the government is doing to curtail it.....it's inconvenient, sometimes it's not bad to be inconvenienced, especially when it helps others.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Trump's patience is wearing thin and he will pull the trigger sooner rather than later. Right man to have in charge right now. This can not go on and on. People are amazingly behaving for now. It won't last, people need to function. This is turning into an unnecessary mess. Solutions need to be addressed. Starting with a vaccine of some kind to protect HC workers. I know this is a problem and I am simply addressing a situation that is going to come about if we keep people locked up for months on end. It has been less than a month since shutting everything down and it feels like a year already

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I think you may be disappointed.
    I am aware/smile

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Trump's patience is wearing thin and he will pull the trigger sooner rather than later. Right man to have in charge right now. This can not go on and on. People are amazingly behaving for now. It won't last, people need to function. This is turning into an unnecessary mess. Solutions need to be addressed. Starting with a vaccine of some kind to protect HC workers. I know this is a problem and I am simply addressing a situation that is going to come about if we keep people locked up for months on end. It has been less than a month since shutting everything down and it feels like a year already
    The mortality rates are plummeting as the number of asymptomatic people increase. We know who is at risk and who isn't. We know Hydroxychloroquine and Z-Pak can quickly reverse serious symptoms of the virus in generally healthy people if their immune systems start overreacting. So you're right...based on what we know now this is an overreaction, but we have the rest of the month to ramp up medication supplies and those of us not at risk can go back to life on May 1, especially those of us who don't live anywhere near the hot spots.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Agreed, you can't keep people locked up all summer. It will cause even more problems than what there already is. People will go crazy.

Would absolutely go if they opened back up today. The IMHE models that we have all been shown to base our current policies off of have been GARBAGE from the beginning. Started at 2.5 million dead in the US to as of this AM a number below 61k with a peak in 3 days. And please don't tell me social distancing is what has helped as it was fixed into the model from the beginning. We need to continue to shelter the vulnerable, but we absolutely have to get our economy back up and running (and no, I don't hate old people). Amazing that in such a short span of time a nation who for collection of reasons distrusted the government to no end has suddenly decided that we need them to tell all of us how to run our lives. I for one am ready for them to start lifting these restrictions as we have "flattened the curve" which is what the gov told us was the reason we needed their intervention in the first place. The longer this goes on, the longer we are all going to have to wait to begin to partake in activities that we enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye_dirt86 View Post
    Would absolutely go if they opened back up today. The IMHE models that we have all been shown to base our current policies off of have been GARBAGE from the beginning. Started at 2.5 million dead in the US to as of this AM a number below 61k with a peak in 3 days. And please don't tell me social distancing is what has helped as it was fixed into the model from the beginning. We need to continue to shelter the vulnerable, but we absolutely have to get our economy back up and running (and no, I don't hate old people). Amazing that in such a short span of time a nation who for collection of reasons distrusted the government to no end has suddenly decided that we need them to tell all of us how to run our lives. I for one am ready for them to start lifting these restrictions as we have "flattened the curve" which is what the gov told us was the reason we needed their intervention in the first place. The longer this goes on, the longer we are all going to have to wait to begin to partake in activities that we enjoy.
    Also agree with your point about social distancing. I don't believe it's made that much of an impact. I'm still working through all this and there are just as many people out now in my area as there were before. People are treating the stay at home order in WV like a vacation. Stopped at the grocery store on the way home yesterday and the place was packed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Also agree with your point about social distancing. I don't believe it's made that much of an impact. I'm still working through all this and there are just as many people out now in my area as there were before. People are treating the stay at home order in WV like a vacation. Stopped at the grocery store on the way home yesterday and the place was packed.
    Then we might as well just go to Ohio Valley and Tyler for the Topless races on May 1 and 2.

The mortality rates are plummeting as the number of asymptomatic people increase. We know who is at risk and who isn't. We know Hydroxychloroquine and Z-Pak can quickly reverse serious symptoms of the virus in generally healthy people if their immune systems start overreacting. So you're right...based on what we know now this is an overreaction, but we have the rest of the month to ramp up medication supplies and those of us not at risk can go back to life on May 1, especially those of us who don't live anywhere near the hot spots.
    This above post won't go over real well with a few of the resident geniuses in denial.......but thank you for verifying what many have thought from the beginning.

Many sad things have come about from this virus......the deaths of people at risk, and the suffocation of minimal risk folks because of having their heads stuck in the media quicksand.

The us medias efforts to discredit, undermine, blame anything and everything on president trumps leadership and response to all of this has backfired again and made him more popular than ever.....and the country has had to sit home and watch it unfold to the dismay of the pelosi-ites.

Idiots

Stay safe everyone....see you at the track in May.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

That is what i am hoping and thinking too