View Poll Results: Would you go to the races now if the tracks were open?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

82 58.99%
  • No

57 41.01%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I’d be there in a heartbeat. I lived thru the tail end of small pox scares and 8 years of summer polio restrictions on kids. This is peanuts in comparison.

My age and diminished health put me in the high risk category.... but I can take care of myself. A little sanitizer for my hands and don't sit next to anyone sneezing and hacking away and I'm good.

Id rather be behind the wheel but spectating is still ok.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Not a chance, I love racing but I love life more.

The only way it would be no is if I was somewhere where the hospitals are slammed and it's not why you think. It's actually because every now and then we have to send somebody to the hospital from a wreck, accident in the pits. Some other type of trauma related thing and if the first responders are overworked already that would be pretty uncool on our part I think. I mean (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) we don't get enough people at most of the races where we couldn't all sit 6 feet from each other like the CDC says, we could. I'm not really very sure what's going on at home right now and I had a quick second to jump on here. I miss my usual independent news sources.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

And there you have it folks. It's the reason why we are still sitting at home. NO ONE LISTENS. So someone has to make that choice for little Johnnie because he lives in a hot bed where this virus is spreading but he thinks the government is out to get him. San Francisco's mayor shut that city down, and the results showed the spread of the virus lessened. The government, the president, there not the ones to blame. Look around, it's the ones that refuse to listen. I think I'm taking a flight to Italy and a cruise coming home. Cya at the racetrack when I get back.

Nope, not yet. And in this litigious society any promoter that did would be in danger of getting drug into court.
    I hate time trials.

If you would have had this poll a few weeks ago I would have said no doubt I would go.....Now NO. My two daughters are working on the Front line at hospitals. One at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore and the other at Dupont Children's Hospital in Wilmington De.....Both have pleaded with me to take this social distancing seriously given my age(61 in two weeks) and the fact I am diabetic. My wife and I worry about them every day as much as they worry about us...I am fortunate to be able to work from home. I've only been outside to work on my yard and take walks through my neighborhood...although chomping at the bit to see a race live.....I CAN DO THIS.

Well it's official...the results of this poll above just confirmed what I have thought about the intelligence level of a majority of 4m members....just plain retarded!

Quote Originally Posted by kazual View Post
    Nope, not yet. And in this litigious society any promoter that did would be in danger of getting drug into court.
    Ok genius, how can anybody prove they got sick at a racetrack? That doesn't make sense at all.

It's scary how many of you are drinking the Kool Aid and doing exactly what the fake news media mob want you to do, which is beg the government to take away your Constitutional freedoms. You should have paid more attention in history class so that you'd realize that's more dangerous than a virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter Davenport View Post
    Well it's official...the results of this poll above just confirmed what I have thought about the intelligence level of a majority of 4m members....just plain retarded!
    Yeah, the Constitution and freedom are evil! Let's live in a locked down communist state forever. That sounds like fun. Stop watching the lefty fake news!

The CDC and the media have become the all-knowing gods to many people.
    Forget about it. Fear stops you from enjoying life.
    Nice weather is coming and we are about to divide into two new factions, those that want to get out and enjoy life and those that are fearful and want everyone staying inside.
    You can probably guess which faction I'll be in.
    Human behavior is fascinating. The current mob mentality is fascinating. Human behavior to the lack of control is fascinating. A society in fear clearly becomes a herd.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter Davenport View Post
    Whoa doggie! Can we not use the "R" word? I prefer to be mentally challenged.
    8/13/16

Def No for me. You’re just pro longing everything from getting back to normal. How is it unconstitutional? The very same constitution grants states the power to order shelter-in-place and other measures. You can’t just take a piece of the constitution and ignore other parts.

Anyone that would jeopardize not only their life but the lives of others to go to see a race now are mentally challenged. Get real people, racing will resume soon and life will go on, for the ones that live.

Definite no for me....high risk 11 year drives all my decisions, not just this one. Plus the average sanitation of most dirt tracks and most fans at dirt tracks makes this a hard no for now.

I’d go now and just space out. By June, I’d go and not space out.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    If you would have had this poll a few weeks ago I would have said no doubt I would go.....Now NO. My two daughters are working on the Front line at hospitals. One at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore and the other at Dupont Children's Hospital in Wilmington De.....Both have pleaded with me to take this social distancing seriously given my age(61 in two weeks) and the fact I am diabetic. My wife and I worry about them every day as much as they worry about us...I am fortunate to be able to work from home. I've only been outside to work on my yard and take walks through my neighborhood...although chomping at the bit to see a race live.....I CAN DO THIS.
    I feel ya BTExpress on this. My wife is a nurse and has seen the frontlines here in Georgia. We haven’t been in direct contact for going on two weeks because of this virus.

This is t going to be over quickly you can forget about going to a race ball game dineyworld theater or any thing similar to this they are talking 80 percent economy in the fall.

Much like BTExpress and a couple of others I have family members closely involved in this. Daughter does seminars all over the country for a national university for people in the nursing and related professions. Her travel schedule has completely been cancelled and she now works from home. Daughter-in-law is a psych nurse in charge at a walk in clinic for mentally ill people. Both of them say to take this seriously.

My race team consists of me, my son, daughter... when she's in town, daughter-in-law and occasionally a grandkid. Would I put any of them at risk so I could enjoy my weekend hobby? Definitely HE!! no.

For anyone who would, using the Constitution as reasoning, it's just unfortunate that my daughter-in-law doesn't do house calls. You need help.

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    For anyone who would, using the Constitution as reasoning, it's just unfortunate that my daughter-in-law doesn't do house calls. You need help.
    The same could be said for people who want all of their freedoms taken away. There's no reason why healthy people can't get back to some level of normalcy. The elderly and those at risk can continue to isolate. Another great depression is more dangerous than the virus. That is a fact.

I would have to think rural areas are at a much lesser threat to contact the virus.
    8/13/16