Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Freedom under assault.

Police State: Woman Pulled Over, Fined $200 for 'Going on a Drive'

Anita Shaffer needed to get out of the house. The 19-year-old Red Lion, Pennsylvania, woman decided that just driving around in her car on a Sunday evening wouldn’t hurt anyone.

She wasn’t going to see anyone. She wasn’t going to the mall or to the grocery store. Indeed, there was really no place to go at that hour. Just a young woman in a car, driving around for a spell. She wasn’t breathing on anyone. No one was breathing on her. And then she was pulled over by the state police.

According to The Patriot-News of Harrisburg, Shaffer has now become the poster child for just how far the stay-at-home order signed by Democrat Gov. Tom Wolf — and, by proxy, stay-at-home orders around the nation — can go.

Okay, how do you spread a virus if you are sitting in a car driving? By the cell phone????

BTW I bet the vehicle keep at least 6 feet in distance from all of the other vehicles on the road. hahahaahaa
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetters; 04-06-2020 at 08:43 PM.

Woman should have explained better that she was going on a drive......to the store....to get toilet paper.

She got a ticket cause she's dumb.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

In that case, May I issue some tickets on here for that very same violation???

No Gov, mayor, or even the President has the Constitutional authority to force ANYONE to stay at home. This goes for forcing businesses to close also. The only way they can do this is to declare Martial law.

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    No Gov, mayor, or even the President has the Constitutional authority to force ANYONE to stay at home. This goes for forcing businesses to close also. The only way they can do this is to declare Martial law.
    ML has been discussed as a last resort remedy in chitcago, Illinois. The mayor of chitcago hinted that the National Guard would aid in the enforcement of the stay at home policy. One of the first warm days not long ago the lakefront parks and bike paths, etc., were highly populated with people socially congregating, playing basketball and having impromptu picnics and such. I believe this week is being predicted to be the worst we'll see in regards to increases of infections and mortality and the authorities are stressing more than ever for people to stay in their homes. It's going to be over 70 degrees in chitcago today and I'm betting there will be problems with people ignoring the rules. It's going to be a real problem if the weather stays warm. That said the high for Thursday in chitcago is predicted to be in the mid 40's, so that will help.

I am surprised that things have not even been worse. I am amazed people are behaving as much as they are. This will certainly end if things don't start opening back up by at least May 1st. This is just an observation on my part.

I live in a county that finally had it's first case of the virus. Just one and now people are wearing masks and things are getting shut down left and right.

The damage of the shutdowns is worse than the disease itself.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    ML has been discussed as a last resort remedy in chitcago, Illinois. The mayor of chitcago hinted that the National Guard would aid in the enforcement of the stay at home policy. One of the first warm days not long ago the lakefront parks and bike paths, etc., were highly populated with people socially congregating, playing basketball and having impromptu picnics and such. I believe this week is being predicted to be the worst we'll see in regards to increases of infections and mortality and the authorities are stressing more than ever for people to stay in their homes. It's going to be over 70 degrees in chitcago today and I'm betting there will be problems with people ignoring the rules. It's going to be a real problem if the weather stays warm. That said the high for Thursday in chitcago is predicted to be in the mid 40's, so that will help.
    The mayor of Chicago has now mandated that liquor stores close at 9 pm. The sale of liquor was not the problem, it was the all the people hanging out in front of the stores, which led to shootings. Seven killed.

Google corona virus deaths last 3 months.....then google shooting deaths for the same time frame.....in Chicago.

You won't be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetters View Post
    I live in a county that finally had it's first case of the virus. Just one and now people are wearing masks and things are getting shut down left and right.

The damage of the shutdowns is worse than the disease itself.
    Damage to the nations psyche will end up being much worse......it does expose the nations " sheep like" behavior.....and we have more mutton that watch CNN etc. than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Damage to the nations psyche will end up being much worse......it does expose the nations " sheep like" behavior.....and we have more mutton that watch CNN etc. than I thought.
    "Psychological warfare is the planned tactical use of propaganda, threats, and other non-combat techniques during wars, threats of war, or periods of geopolitical unrest to mislead, intimidate, demoralize, or otherwise influence the thinking or behavior of an enemy"

It is time to open some of the businesses in this Country back up. Where is this fear mongering taking us. Other than NY, where is the crises. I am not saying by any means we should have ignored this virus. Everybody that dies now has the virus in their epitaph. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    It is time to open some of the businesses in this Country back up. Where is this fear mongering taking us. Other than NY, where is the crises. I am not saying by any means we should have ignored this virus. Everybody that dies now has the virus in their epitaph. Just a thought.
    Crises in the most liberal areas of our nation...….coincidence??……...or judgement??

well they do like sharing everything and other peoples stuff in those cities........

Petty thefts are way up. Car thefts are way up. A home invasion down in Phoenix.

I'm glad I live out in the country and my state allows me to use lethal force to keep what is mine!

My nephew lives in NY City and says the vandals are running wild. No police anywhere in sight. He lives in a high profile section too.

ambulances close by?

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetters View Post
    In that case, May I issue some tickets on here for that very same violation???
    Good one . The moderator won't .

Give it a rest dude!!!

How does this ignore thing I've heard so much about work?cant we just ignore it? And then tell everybody we have him on ignore.