Default Tracks Run your best special .

When the quarantine is over should all the tracks schedule " Their Best Special" of the year so all or most tracks can get a big show in to help them get through the winter ?
    Should tracks run later into the year ? mid to late November day races ?
    Or will it cost too much for some tracks to even open for specials doing all it takes to ready a facility for paying customers.
    I want URR Unified Rules Racing .

If every race is a special, then none of them are special.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

It really depends on the track. Hopefully the people that go to the races still have enough money to go to a race. None of us want to lose our big races but that might be some time from now when we can do them again. If this (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)e keeps up through September or something, we should leave the gates locked until Florida. I hate the idea that there might not be track championships or a banquet this year though. What we need is for everybody to do whatever it is that keeps the business open and if that's only to run 2 demolition derbies or a monster truck show, that's what the tracks have to do.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Many tracks rely on building up a cash reserve early in the year before they dare put on a big show.

All those pit passes, pit stall sales etc. help a bunch.

Promoters with several years of good weather and money management can take a chance. New promoters not so much.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

I know many tracks in my area depends on summer nationals as it makes their year. So hopefully some can get that in.

You have to consider how many people will be without a job when this is all over. There could be a bunch of race fans that don't have jobs and won't have any money to go to a race. It's going to be interesting.

If I was a track owner... I would wade back into the racing pool very carefully once they are given the signal to race again. With the reasons to be cautious listed above. I don't think I would want to start off the season after many haven't been working with a big event/race.

I think you are going to see a lot of open practices at first to get things rolling again and get the tracks some working capital.