Default Rest In Peace John Prine

One of America's true treasure's has left us. He fell victim to COVID-19. John Prine was one of the most talented singer songwriters this country has ever produced. I am honored to say I attended and enjoyed a John Prine concert. Mr. Prine was born in Kentucky but grew up and started his career as a mail carrier for the USPS in Maywood, Illinois. John Prine was 73 years old.

Just an old guy that wasn't worthy of livin' any longer, right MasterSbilt_Asshat. Another one outa' the way will make your day!

Seeing John was on my bucket list …. Being in lockdown I've watched on youtube video concerts …. A great story in itself is John prine ….. He tells his stories as he plays his music …. Each song has a story and a meaning to himself or someone he knew …. I was surprised to learn John prine wasn't in the country music hall of fame ? I saw a tribute song to john that was very touching in his memory ….https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2-2pZFtBxo
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Thank you immensely for bringing that tune to our attention, Bob Hubbard!! I had not seen this. I was a huge John Prine fan even though I came along after he recorded some of his best stuff.

It's easy to see that there aren't all that many people who hang out here that like or know anything about John Prine, and that's okay. However, one thing is for certain, regardless of anyone's musical preferences it can't be denied that NOBODY has ever written more down to earth songs that the common man can relate to in a thousand different ways.

Thanks again Bob Hubbard. I have a strong feeling that John Prine is entertaining a whole bunch of souls no matter where he is.

Thanks for all the GREAT MUSIC you left with us Mr. Prine! A fan of yours since the 70’s...you will be missed!!!

John was scheduled to be at Wolftrap with Emmylou Harris in June. If you enjoy the legends you should get out and see them when you can. Were loosing them fast. I went to see Rosanne Cash a few weeks ago. I've seen Suzy Boguss a few times in the past year and have seen Emmylou a bunch of times. As somebody on another site posted: The poet has left the building. RIP John.

Picture Show: A Tribute Celebrating John Prine / june 11 ….. I think its streamed on facebook & youtube ….https://www.facebook.com/events/901288670282635/

“Picture Show: A Tribute Celebrating John Prine” will be premiered on June 11 at 7:30pm ET/6:30pm CT/4:30pm PT across multiple platforms, including Prine’s YouTube and Facebook channels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctxl...CyQLvnF4Eqdu9M

This is a great tribute to John Prine. Between the music and the pictures it dam near brings a tear to my eye. The pictures look very, very much like where I was born, raised, lived, enjoyed life and will die and be buried.

RIP JP.

Default Remember John Prine

John Prine's Birhday would have been saturday 10 th .... John Prine (October 10, 1946 – April 7, 2020)

I know it's been said over and over and has nearly become an obligatory cliche' but John Prine truly is a national treasure. He didn't write, compose and perform for the money, he was one of the most non-materialistic individuals there ever was. He wrote, composed and performed music for the love of it and the joy he conveyed to people like myself and millions more through his music and lyrics.

RIP Mr. Prine and happy birthday. I hope wherever you are spending your earthly birthday you enjoy it with an "Illegal Smile"!