Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WoO schedule

Default WoO schedule

Richmond postponed. Brush Creek Cancelled.

Carl Short was promoting that Brush Creek race, correct? I didn't see much talk about that but thought that was interesting.

I’m staring to think the next race the WoO is actually going to run is the Firecracker.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Here is my take. Racing could easily resume in May. Or maybe July or maybe? Bottom line, nobody knows but I would not take bets on dire predictions. I say stay tuned. People are going to be fed up with this by May at the latest.

It’s definitely not happening in May. And I’m not fed up at all. It sucks, but there’s plenty of other things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Here is my take. Racing could easily resume in May. Or maybe July or maybe? Bottom line, nobody knows but I would not take bets on dire predictions. I say stay tuned. People are going to be fed up with this by May at the latest.
    The natives may get restless soon. We shall see. It won't be over by May in Ohio, but I bet it is in some places.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Eventually we all have to stick together to end this illegal, unconstitutional lockdown and go racing. Preferably starting May 1. It's becoming more clear every day that the liberals worked everyone into a frenzy for their political gain and everybody overreacted. But once the libs start taking freedoms they never stop. It will be up to the tracks to open so we can support our constitutional freedoms.

The liberals keep pushing bills with free money for the people put out of work. This has always been one of their top political ploys before elections is to buy voters.

IMO, I think it’s really what part of the country you live in. Some places could probably start holding weekly races by the end of May, but races like the Dream or any WoO/Lucas type races might still be in limbo.

Keep in mind. It’ll be up to the states to lift the restrictions in place. Trump isnt gonna roll out to the White House lawn, cut some magic ribbon, and boom everything is back to what it was.

That's my point. The state governors, especially the Dems, are loving this lockdown. It's all about power to them and they're going to hold onto it as long as possible even though it's illegal and unconstitutional. Eventually people are going to demand to have their freedoms back.

Everybody needs to just open back up and not just race tracks. We could lose 90 percent of our sponsors at the local level if this keeps up. Who's gonna sponsor our cars if local hair salons , bars, local restaurants and repair businesses go under? Amazon? Wal-Mart? Don't think so.

Rachel Maddow will go on TV and bloviate how the red staters are racist murderers anyways even if y'all continue to bend to their will. So the heck with it. Make America Go Again.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

But the big question everybody should ask regardless of when they open is can they draw a crowd

Can they draw a crowd???? Absolutely. Big crowds

I think tracks can draw a crowd. At least there you have the option to spread out in open air, unlike airplanes and movie theaters.

My concern is will there be sponsor dollars to keep drivers going.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Eventually we all have to stick together to end this illegal, unconstitutional lockdown and go racing. Preferably starting May 1. It's becoming more clear every day that the liberals worked everyone into a frenzy for their political gain and everybody overreacted. But once the libs start taking freedoms they never stop. It will be up to the tracks to open so we can support our constitutional freedoms.
    It's been pretty clear from the beginning what the lib media has done with this.....and they aren't giving advertisers a discount either, they are making bank to keep this storm going.

And trump just continues to get more popular ......idiots.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Can they draw a crowd???? Absolutely. Big crowds
    The pits draw the biggest crowds at a track anyway......doubtful it would even be an issue in the stands at most places.

Weekly racing I'm talking about.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Also has anybody else noticed how nobody is talking about the countries that are treating this virus with the "herd immunity" concept? That's because IT'S WORKING! They are quarantining the susceptible (we clearly now who they are by now) and encouraging people to socialize to build up the herd immunity to the virus. And it's working and their hospitals are not being overwhelmed. Ultimately it should be up to the people to quarantine if they choose to do so. They know the risks, let the people choose. The government should never choose for us. When they do it's simply for power.

Also has anybody else noticed how nobody is talking about the countries that are treating this virus with the "herd immunity" concept? That's because IT'S WORKING! They are quarantining the susceptible (we clearly now who they are by now) and encouraging people to socialize to build up the herd immunity to the virus. And it's working and their hospitals are not being overwhelmed. Ultimately it should be up to the people to quarantine if they choose to do so. They know the risks, let the people choose. The government should never choose for us. When they do it's simply for power.
    Interesting concept I’d like to read up on this but can’t find anything. Do you have a link?

Here's one of them. There are others too.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/bu...navirus-138782

Here's one of them. There are others too.https://nationalinterest.org/blog/bu...navirus-138782
    I did find another article, Sweden is not on lock down, they have banned crowds of 500 or more and are not encouraging people to mingle to get to this so called herd immunity. As far as I can tell no countries are doing what you mentioned. I am ok with lockdowns in hard hit areas like New York etc but feel more rural areas should do as Sweden just encourage social distancing, common sense and hope for the best. https://www.vox.com/2020/4/9/2121347...ty-cases-death