Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WoO schedule

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    I don't put trust into our government. I put trust into experts who have made epidemiology their career and have devoted their life to studying it. I trust the experts more than I trust a random hillbilly on a racing forum.
    Agreed. The people who think this is a conspiracy have their heads buried deep in the sand.

I’m not into the conspiracy theories but I find it odd that we can find water on Saturn or find out who raped or killed somebody in 1960 but our brilliant medical minds can’t find a antidote for this sh!t they’ve knew about for 6 months now. A backwoods toothless @ssclown can take battery acid, wasp spray and fertilizer and make meth out of it but our brainiacs in the smartest labs in the country can’t find a f’king cure ?

There are vaccines in trials right now. It takes several months to get new vaccines and medicines approved once they are found. The FDA, and equivalent organizations in other countries, have to verify that they are safe for human use before they can be made available and that takes time.

conspiracy theories
    conspiracy
    conspiracy theories
    I must be out of the loop on this, what’s the conspiracy or conspiracy theories?

Those of you who think the "herd immunity" treatment is a good idea must get this from the wildebeast or antelope herds that try to gangcross a crocodile infested African river. The crocs can only get a few of the hundreds that try but every time they try again a few more are nailed. Sorry guys, we're not prey animals and we have better options than to cross the river.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    Agreed. The people who think this is a conspiracy have their heads buried deep in the sand.
    Or as our president stated at one of his feel good rallies it's a democratic hoax.

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    There are vaccines in trials right now. It takes several months to get new vaccines and medicines approved once they are found. The FDA, and equivalent organizations in other countries, have to verify that they are safe for human use before they can be made available and that takes time.
    UPMC has a potential vaccine that’s ready for human trials, they’re waiting on the FDA.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I certainly don’t have the answers but I only see us having 2 options: 1) we all just continue social distancing wait the 1 1/2 years so they can maybe create a a vaccine and do all the proper testing (what happens IF it doesn’t work, wait another 1 1/2 years so now we’re social distancing for 3 years? Or 2) open everything back up. I’m fortunate that I’m a supposedly an “essential” worker or maybe it’s an expendable worker but we can not go years waiting on a vaccine. The world will die from starvation before they die from the virus. Relying on the government to print fake money is not the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by JayD View Post
    Or as our president stated at one of his feel good rallies it's a democratic hoax.
    Yeah, that didn't happen. Keep your liberal fake news to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Yeah, that didn't happen. Keep your liberal fake news to yourself.
    I’m a Republican who watches both sides of the news. Trump definitely called it a hoax. More than once.

This is what I remember.

To be clear, Trump did not suggest that the virus itself was a hoax. After all, just two days before the rally he had appointed Mike Pence to head up a task force to address it. But his words at the Feb. 28 rally made it clear that he meant the criticism leveled by Democrats leading up to that was a hoax, with Trump telling his supporters, “Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus.” He then claimed one of his people said to him, "Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia. That didn't work out too well. They couldn't do it. They tried the impeachment hoax.” Trump then boasted how “they lost” in all those efforts, finally adding the infamous line, “And this is their new hoax.”

What did he mean by this was the Democrats’ “new hoax”? On Feb. 29, Trump was asked that very question at a press conference by a reporter who noted now that the first American had died from the virus, “Do you regret that kind of talk?” to which Trump defiantly responded, “No, no, no.”

Trump then explained what he meant, saying that he was referring “to the action that they take to try and pin this on somebody, because we’ve done such a good job. The hoax is on them, not—I’m not talking about what’s happening here; I’m talking what they’re doing. That’s the hoax.” Trump then again invoked past investigations: “That’s just a continuation of the hoax, whether it’s the impeachment hoax or the Russia, Russia, Russia hoax.”
    Last edited by lurker; 04-10-2020 at 07:36 PM.

Exactly, he clearly said their fake anger toward his response was a hoax. Remember, when he banned flights from China at the end of January the Dems called him a racist and said he was overreacting. Crazy Nancy was in Chinatown telling people to go out. Then two weeks later they were "outraged" that he didn't do anything sooner. They can't have it both ways. But that's what the haters do, they twist words to push their agenda. Dems are a hoax. They report fake news and people like Terry believe it.

Joe Biden did actually say that the cure for the virus was going to make things worse. You can interpret that any way you'd like.
    Last edited by GEAR_HEAD; 04-10-2020 at 08:29 PM.

I saw it live on TV. I believe what I see with my own eyes. I hate all politicians, so I’m not biased like you guys. Some of you need to grow a pair and man up, and stop sucking up to these idiots.

Some of you need to grow a pair and man up, and stop sucking up to these idiots.
    Terry, with all due respect - All-around, isn’t that exactly what Trump is doing, that perpetuates the madness from the Left?

Quote Originally Posted by JayD View Post
    I thought he referred to the coverage it was getting as the dem hoax.......not the virus itself.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    I thought he referred to the coverage it was getting as the dem hoax.......not the virus itself.
    Because like some of us you can understand the English language.

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    Those of you who think the "herd immunity" treatment is a good idea must get this from the wildebeast or antelope herds that try to gangcross a crocodile infested African river. The crocs can only get a few of the hundreds that try but every time they try again a few more are nailed. Sorry guys, we're not prey animals and we have better options than to cross the river.
    We've only got so many months to live. We can waste them cowering in fear or we can take the 1% risk and move on.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I saw it live on TV. I believe what I see with my own eyes. I hate all politicians, so I’m not biased like you guys. Some of you need to grow a pair and man up, and stop sucking up to these idiots.

Terry M, what you said was the 2nd best post of the year, you nailed it bang on. Too many nut huggers of both parties on here.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    We've only got so many months to live. We can waste them cowering in fear or we can take the 1% risk and move on.
    Exactly, people die every day for many other reasons. It happens. Time to move on. If you get sick you'll likely recover like every other time you've gotten sick. It's obvious now that some government officials are using this shutdown for other motives.

Enough people dying will also wreck the economy and then we would have a wrecked economy AND a lot of dead people.