Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Most of us aren't Doctors.....

but what races do we think might actually happen? I got an email from my company last night saying I have to use all of my earned vacation (which is 2.5 weeks) before June 30th or it is lost and not paid. Has anybody else experienced the same?

Do we think the Dream might actually happen? Show-Me? It's kind of crappy getting forced to take your vacation in times where you can't go anywhere or do anything.

Thanks and take care!

I hope I'm wrong but if I had to put money on it, I'd say the earliest will be August so North South 100, Show me 100, USA 100, PDC and all the other big races that follow.
    Last edited by weatherman85; 04-10-2020 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by weatherman85 View Post
    I hope I'm wrong but if I had to put money on it, I'd say the earliest will be August so North South 100, Show me 100, USA 100, PDC and all the other big races that follow.
    Oh God I hope you're wrong

^^^^^^50Dixon50 I as well

I'm in agreement with you guys. I orginally thought July 1st we would back at the track but now I'm thinking August 1st is more likely.

May have to do like this guy I know he made a small track on his property and done some laps in his A-mod today LOL

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    but what races do we think might actually happen? I got an email from my company last night saying I have to use all of my earned vacation (which is 2.5 weeks) before June 30th or it is lost and not paid. Has anybody else experienced the same?

Do we think the Dream might actually happen? Show-Me? It's kind of crappy getting forced to take your vacation in times where you can't go anywhere or do anything.

Thanks and take care!
    I'm not a doctor, but I live in Ohio. I listen to the governor. The Dream has zero chance.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post

Thanks and take care!
    My sister had to use up all her vacation time and then when that was gone she was furloughed. From an employee POV it feels unfair, but if you were the business owner and had to watch your bank account drain day after day with no specific end in sight at some point you have to make some tough decisions if you want the business to survive. Its not fun and not what anyone would want, but tough decisions have to be made. I was turned down for unemployment and not working because my uncle who owns the business has lung/heart issues and cant risk being around anyone, so we are closed. Luckily my wife is a nurse at a womans prison and they can't close... So yes it sucks the things we are ALL having to endure, but we can come back from this, regardless of what lies the MSM spues 24/7.

I live in OHIO too. I hear what the governor is saying. I also know that things change. I also know that keeping people locked in for another six weeks is going to produce a lot of unwanted drama. I am saying this. We should not predict anything beyond the next couple of weeks. We may be racing in May, we may be racing in June or July or August or Sept or next year. The dam of patience is going to burst if this keeps going much longer. That is a prediction I am much more comfortable with.

BTW I am talking more about jobs and the economy opening up again, racing is obviously a small part. The economy must start opening up before much longer or troubles are going to make this virus look like a side show. Stay tuned.

I agree with the frustration and the comments on the economy. But, that infection curve is pretty symmetrical. It takes just as long to scale back down.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

True MasterSbilt. Unfortunately my opinion the back side or the curve going down will be a much more gradual decline. And as far as The Dream I have to think the crowd would be off a good bit even if it was held, makes it a poor risk for a promoter to come back too quickly.
    I hate time trials.

Trump will have us back racing by the middle of May!

If youre elderly or have underlying health conditions, either wear a mask or stay home......no reason to stop the rest of us!

Quote Originally Posted by kazual View Post
    True MasterSbilt. Unfortunately my opinion the back side or the curve going down will be a much more gradual decline. And as far as The Dream I have to think the crowd would be off a good bit even if it was held, makes it a poor risk for a promoter to come back too quickly.
    Have you seen the available seats for the Dream on the Eldora website? Most of the seats are sold already. There's not much risk when you've already sold that many tickets and camping spots. I highly doubt the crowd will be off. There aren't that many people drinking the Kool Aid. I'd even be OK with them reading people's temperatures at the gate if that's what they have to do.

I dont see the dream happening as of now. Things could change I guess.

My prediction: There will be a Dream event this year, but it will be an I-Racing event.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    My prediction: There will be a Dream event this year, but it will be an I-Racing event.
    It may be iRacing but hopefully they have a real one at some point too. I am already tired of this iRacing junk. I'd rather not watch anything than to watch that. At first I thought "hey its better than nothing", but I changed my mind.

I am going to plan time off to go to the dream, if it's cancelled, I'll just forego my 13 hour trip from NW Florida. There is also supposed to be a 2-day Southern All Stars show that same weekend in Alabama about 45 minutes from my house, so that's the backup plan. If both cancel (which is likely), I guess I'll just take the waverunner out.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    I hope you’re not suggesting that the dream will be ran as an iracing event.

Who knows at this point. I hope not but it is what it is and Eldora has canceled everything up to May 3rd.

Eldora has postponed everything racing wise up to May 3rd. the only thing that's been cancelled is the test and tunes they had scheduled