Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My prediction

Default My prediction

I may be stepping out on a weak limb here but here goes I predict that we'll be back racin by the 2nd weekend of may at least I sure hope so

Hope you’re right. But I don’t think anyone knows.

I don't think that will happen since everybody has already cancelled thru the first weekend in may.

Quote Originally Posted by 50Dixon50 View Post
    I may be stepping out on a weak limb here but here goes I predict that we'll be back racin by the 2nd weekend of may at least I sure hope so
    That would be awesome, but I doubt if it will be that soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    I don't think that will happen since everybody has already cancelled thru the first weekend in may.
    https://www.dirtondirt.com/schedule.php?month=05

Look at the last weekend in April also. Not everything is cancelled yet.
    Last edited by NeedforLMspeed; 04-12-2020 at 03:24 PM.

Most of those first weekend in May races are already cancelled if you go to the track websites they are cancelled an some don't even say when they are opening.

Depends on how well we do stemming this thing by then, it’s partially up to us.
    I hate time trials.

I think once one track has the balls to open...the flood gates will open. It only takes one.... Praying something good happens real soon.

I'm not a betting man, but I'm going with Memorial Day weekend. Now as to what racing may look like, I don't know. I could see someone venturing into the "no spectator" thing first, and it obviously depends on what state governing bodies have to say. But aside from buying a pit pass and maybe a hot dog, as a racer I have virtually zero face to face contact with anyone while at the races, but what do I know.

I think some stares are going to at least start to reopen May 1. Once that happens especially in some southern states I could see a few tracks doing a made for tv kind of show for a while. Hell I’d pay $20 to watch something online of the late model sprint midget or mod variety right now. Also Iowa has Knoxville and they could potentially do something like that for the weekly sprint show. Heck FL is allowing WWE to resume live tv this week with no audience of course.

Quote Originally Posted by ride height View Post
    I think once one track has the balls to open...the flood gates will open. It only takes one.... Praying something good happens real soon.
    Yeah I think you're probably right so what track has the balls to step up I have an idea what probably will a little track at doe run mo 1/6 mile but a racey little track
    They've been closed for 7 yrs a guy purchased it done a lot of updates so I wish them th the best of luck
    Doe run Raceway don't know how to delete
    Last edited by 50Dixon50; 04-12-2020 at 07:15 PM.

1 track in Texas already ran with no fans an put limit of 20 mods and 20 lates I believe and only 1 pit crew.

Quote Originally Posted by ride height View Post
    I think your right now what track has the balls to step up I think I know one that will a little 1/6 mile track at Doe run mo.little but racey closed for 7 yrs been doing a lot of updates wish them all the luck in the world

Doe run Raceway

In illinios the talk is no events over 500 people til a vaccine. So a few tracks will be good as they don't even get that many to show as far as fans.

Which tracks in Illinois r u talking about

Farmer city there weekly shows gets 300 at most and Peoria it's hit n miss on the crowds. Not bashing the track but weekly shows just doesn't get the crowds.
    Last edited by t4g2; 04-12-2020 at 07:43 PM.

Oh your not bashing a lot of tracks crowds are way down have been for quite some time the track that I call my home track their crowds have been way down for a long time we don't have more than 300 on a weekly basis

Had to make it clear that I wasn't because a few on here would say I was and make a WAY bigger deal out of it. An yeah not just tracks are down on business. Mine is taking a beating right now esp with 5 trade shows canceled so far and 2 of them were my biggests sales on shows.
    Last edited by t4g2; 04-12-2020 at 08:27 PM.

So the races scheduled for first week in May are postponed ? What about the WOO late model race at Boone speedway in Iowa ?