Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Yung Muny In BIG Trouble

A slip of the tongue may well have cost Kyle Larson his NASCAR career. Larson uttered the ultimate no no, yep, the N word and it was heard by hundreds, maybe thousands of people. This happened Saturday night during an iRacing event in which Larson was participating. This could end the NASCAR career of a kid that might have had a Cup Championship or two in his future and was hugely popular by today's Cup standards.

I'm not going to make any moral judgments on this except to say that Larson knows better than to say something like he did and it's a bit hard to feel much empathy for a guy that knows what this will do to a career and reputation.

The only good that can come to this for us selfish dirt racing fans is if Larson is black balled from NASCAR and Indy Car or any other high profile racing group we dirt fans will probably see much more of him in midgets, sprint cars and maybe even Silver Crown cars. There is no one better on dirt these days.

https://speedsport.com/nascar/nascar...f-racial-slur/

Totally stupid... the real question to me is , what if it was Bubba Wallace that said it?

Every one of us has an inner idiot. Every once in a while our inner idiot likes to come out and play, or at the very least it has something to say. Kyle's inner idiot has spoken.

Now I'd like to feel real sorry for the guy for what he's going to deal with but I don't know, this isn't the NASCAR days of treating Wendell Scott and Willy T Ribbs like garbage, this is modern day Drive for Diversity NASCAR. Kyle is multiracial himself and in this day and age of being marinated in wokeness he certainly should have known better. He made it to the top of the ladder and these guys have it drilled into them about how to keep the sponsors, fans, and powers that be happy. This ain't happy. This isn't some street stock driver at a local track who runs his mouth with little or no accountability, this is maximum accountability. You want to play in their world you'll play by their rules.

Know your inner idiot, know how to control it. Know when to tell it no and better yet, know when to tell it - we ain't saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Man View Post
    Totally stupid... the real question to me is , what if it was Bubba Wallace that said it?
    Its a double standard today . A black comedian can say it a thousand times in his jokes ,
    but no white person can . I am not by any means saying its OK , but that is how it is .
    We racers at the track say a lot of bad words . But not in a derogitory way . Anyone that
    denies that is lying . I think most of us just say things just sort of bullsh!ting , not to be
    racist or hate full . The Media has caused all the racist bull that we here all day long . Now
    you cant even joke around without offending someone anymore . So I watch mouth . SAD .

Quote Originally Posted by Morgs153 View Post
    Every one of us has an inner idiot. Every once in a while our inner idiot likes to come out and play, or at the very least it has something to say. Kyle's inner idiot has spoken.

Now I'd like to feel real sorry for the guy for what he's going to deal with but I don't know, this isn't the NASCAR days of treating Wendell Scott and Willy T Ribbs like garbage, this is modern day Drive for Diversity NASCAR. Kyle is multiracial himself and in this day and age of being marinated in wokeness he certainly should have known better. He made it to the top of the ladder and these guys have it drilled into them about how to keep the sponsors, fans, and powers that be happy. This ain't happy. This isn't some street stock driver at a local track who runs his mouth with little or no accountability, this is maximum accountability. You want to play in their world you'll play by their rules.

Know your inner idiot, know how to control it. Know when to tell it no and better yet, know when to tell it - we ain't saying that.
    Very good post Morgs.

Larson seems like a bright kid, good dad and husband, etc., etc., etc. During his coaching and training for correctness by his ownership and sponsors it should have been ingrained into his consciousness to not to let the trigger words be part of his most guarded vocabulary.

As I said in another thread, I've liked Larson a lot having watched him and visited with him during his USAC days. He was always gracious and thoughtful. In a split second he made a bed he'll have to sleep in the rest of his career. Not sure at this point what type racecars he'll be competing in from this point on but if he wants to drive he'll be welcomed by some series.

His fate going forward may not seem fair for those of us who aren't impressed with cultural political correctness but it's reality, nonetheless.

Most have had an incident with a text, phone call, e mail, etc. when we sent or said something to an unintended recipient. Am reminded of all the low rent things Kyle Bush and Tony Stewart have said over the years but being racist is a different level in this day and time.
    I hate time trials.

Because of this virus crap we all have a bunch of TV watching time available to us. This thread reminds me that I watched a pretty good documentary on Willy T Ribbs which was called "Uppity". It was a project done by Adam Carolla and if you have Netflix you can watch it there. I had watched another one he did on Carroll Shelby so this one was next on the list. I'd recommend the Shelby one too.

Most of the flick covers road racing but there is a portion regarding NASCAR. Holy cow, I must not have been paying attention back then because I didn't realize how bad it was. The fan reaction was horrible but NASCAR and garage area was really awful. Willy's ride was with Digard and at the time Robert Yates was the engine builder. I've always been a fan of Robert Yates but that episode was not one of his best moments if the accusations are indeed true (depending on your point of view). Basically, the claim was that every engine Robert built for that car was a grenade and was built to blow up and guarantee a DNF. I found it a bit hard to believe myself.

After what people got away with back then, I hope Kyle Larson's unfortunate mental lapse does not totally sink him.
    Last edited by Morgs153; 04-13-2020 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kazual View Post
    Am reminded of all the low rent things Kyle Bush and Tony Stewart have said over the years but being racist is a different level in this day and time.
    What you say here kazual came to mind immediately when I learned of Kyle's verbal blunder. Larson is going to be metaphorically crucified for something that cannot physically injure or put anyone's life in danger. However, in contrast, Stewart once intentionally sent Matt Kenseth on a ride down the backstretch at Daytona that had Matt going up the banking in 3 facing the wrong way with a dozen or more cars coming at him at 190 MPH needlessly endangering the lives and well being of any number of drivers. Not to mention the possibility of hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of race cars. Stewart admitted to doing it intentionally and NOTHING was done about that.

Which, prey tell, is the more damaging action? I think we all know.

The hands of NASCAR and power boys' buddy Chip are tied. If they don't suspend Kyle they'll be metaphorically crucified same as Kyle!

Kyle has been bored of NASCAR for a while .......he won't miss not racing there.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Kyle has been bored of NASCAR for a while .......he won't miss not racing there.
    What you say is totally true, BBQ, but I think he'll miss the NASCAR money. Stewart admitted for years that the only reason he endured being a Cup driver was because of the money.

As much as I'd dearly love to see Kyle in an Indy Car I really don't believe anyone would dare hire him to drive in that series. Hell, it's questionable as to whether or not the WoO sprint car series will take a chance on him. USAC and it's owners might be open to him running with them. USAC allowed Shane Hmiel to race with them after his drug problems but even that deal was a lot different. Besides that, it's questionable whether he can make a good enough living running dirt in any series but WoO sprint cars to support 2 kids and a wife in this day and age.

Kyle is accustomed to being paid a lot of money to drive race cars. I hope he's wisely invested what he's been paid up 'till now.

Everybody loves an underdog , return from the brink story.......if Kyle wants that to happen someday it will.

He will say I'm sorry and be forgiven....from victory lane.

Everybody loves an underdog , return from the brink story.......if Kyle wants that to happen someday it will.

He will say I'm sorry and be forgiven....from victory lane.
    I sincerely hope you're right, BBQ. But man, there are a lotta' people calling for Larson to be drawn and quartered at this point. By all accounts, including my own, Larson is a good kid and I've read where there isn't a soul in the Cup garage area that has anything bad to say about him. If his NASCAR career survives this crap it will probably be because he has a pretty clean record other than the iRacing thing and is a widely popular driver who is highly thought of.

At this point Dave Darland is, to my knowledge, the only driver to come out in support of Kyle. To all who are familiar with DD this comes as no particular surprise. Darland is an independent sort and is universally beloved by his peers and fans in the USAC circles as Kyle is in the NASCAR Cup garage and among fans.

WRG NEEDS KLR and others like him, KKR, TSR, etc... They will most definately remain quite mum about all of this, maybe even ask him privately to lay low in thier series for 6 months, but no way does the WRG ostracize him from thier ranks of team owners.
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

To compete with the World of Outlaws sprint car series Kyle will have to complete a full sensitivity training course within 30 days of the incident in question. This came directly from Kyle's Facebook timeline.

As I said before, I'd love to see Kyle drive a competitive Indy Car but they might be apprehensive to bring him aboard. He'd easily be Indy Cars' most popular driver and I think in a top flight ride he'd win races, too.

And to borrow one of 4m's most famous sayings...…….and they (Nascrap) wonder why!

Welcome back to the real world of dirt racing, Kyle!

No Nascar knows why that's why they suspended him and Chip Ganassi Knows why that's why they fired him.

CIRF - You know, Kenny Brown @ POWRi will welcome Kyle with no problem. (see my post in the front page section)

And not that it matters but does anyone know what race the person Kyle was talking to is? What is he saying?
    Last edited by Barbecueboy; 04-14-2020 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    CIRF - You know, Kenny Brown @ POWRi will welcome Kyle with no problem. (see my post in the front page section)
    You're 100% correct, luker, POWRi most definitely will welcome Kyle. The difference is POWRi will not experience any backlash for allowing Kyle to race. Larson would be a huge draw for POWRi at places like Jacksonville, Fairbury, Macon and Little Belleville. There is only an upside related to Larson racing at those places.

I don't pretend to know where Larson will ultimately end up racing and with what sanction but if I was to wager I'd say he'll end up running for the championship with the World of Outlaw's. He's already expressed his desire to do that. It's just going to happen a decade sooner than we thought.

And not that it matters but does anyone know what race the person Kyle was talking to is? What is he saying?
    I've watched and listened to the video several times and really haven't figured out who and for what the term was directed.

I've got a feeling that if Larson runs the full WoO sprint car schedule his bride will be shotgunning quite a few beers in victory lane. LOL! She's got the deal down pat!

It appears, at least to us uninformed outsiders, that the only possibility of Kyle racing a Cup car this year or next is with Stewart-Haas. Stewart is on record as saying Kyle is the best all around driver, dirt or asphalt, in the world today and even though Stewart is a gasbag most of the time he's probably correct on that one. Stewart probably holds enough sway with NASCAR that he might have enough juice to get the suspension lifted in a reasonable amount of time. Stewart supposedly is a "tell it like it is" politically incorrect tough guy but he's also a confirmed hypocrite so him saying one thing and doing another is a real possibility if his past is considered.

Social media is continuing to blow up with the above scenario being a central theme. It would be the best of both worlds if it happens. It's reasonable to believe Stewart would allow Kyle to race as much dirt as his schedule would allow. There aren't many NASCAR owners that would stand for that.

Either way Kyle will be racing somewhere.