Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    That is incorrect. There are a lot of good Late Model teams in Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Missouri, Arkansas, etc. which are all west of Illinois.
    There are a few national teams. Some other decent regional teams. Is it near what there is from the coast thru Indiana? No way.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Off topic, but the best racing is in Iowa and Missouri where they have formats that produce good racing. The freight-train format that UMP uses leads to a lot of snoozers (I am aware that there are some exceptions).

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerWon View Post
    Why do you think Bloomer located himself in northeastern Tennessee?
    Because his dad owned land there and Kingsport was paying $2K a week for weekly racing back then(Early/Mid 80's). Just a fact.
    Last edited by Taboo62; 04-17-2020 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taboo62 View Post
    Because his dad owned land there and Kingsport was paying $2K a week for weekly racing back then(Early/Mid 80's). Just a fact.
    True that. Geographically the center point of dlm racing. Still is...

Tennessee/Kentucky area would be my guess as well.

If you said Illinois, I don't think you understood the question.
    8/13/16

Definitely it is Brooks Road, Mooresburg Tennessee 👍🏼

When you are talking GEOGRAPHICALLY based on where the highest concentration of DLM races happen it is absolutely closest to Florence Speedway. It is one of the reasons that the NDLMHoF remains there and not at Eldora or anywhere else.

Scott Bloomquist, Jimmy Owens, Mike Marlar, Shannon Buckingham, John Blankenship, Vic Hill, Donald McIntosh race team all racing out of 50 mile radius. I'd say some where around the I 40 and 1 81 split.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyOinthe20fan View Post
    Scott Bloomquist, Jimmy Owens, Mike Marlar, Shannon Buckingham, John Blankenship, Vic Hill, Donald McIntosh race team all racing out of 50 mile radius. I'd say some where around the I 40 and 1 81 split.
    That's how many Conley's we have. 🤣
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Tennessee/Kentucky area would be my guess as well.

If you said Illinois, I don't think you understood the question.
    Didn't take it literal.....took it more as which state is the toughest to win in if you don't live there....the most talent and Slm racing per sq. mile I guess?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    That's how many Conley's we have. 藍
    Delmas is going to get out of shape not driving his race car!!!

Wheatland draws the most cars for the least amount of money. But it’s not geographically in the center.

Kentucky by location.

I agree with Clayton. If you have a Latemodel team and are gonna race all over the country, your best bet is to be either located in Eastern Kentucky or North Eastern Tennesse. It just makes sense geographically.

Drivers like, Mccredie out of New York, Earl Pearson out of Florida, and Jungans out of Kansas, etc, are at a huge disadvantage just based off location.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    Drivers like, Mccredie out of New York, Earl Pearson out of Florida, and Jungans out of Kansas, etc, are at a huge disadvantage just based off location.
    And Bronson. Weiss to but he's based out of Bloomers for most the time. Eckert when on a national tour. Probably another one or two also

What I was talking about was the middle of the map geographically speaking, the bulls eye if you will. Living in Virginia Beach, it's an hour and 30 minutes just to get to I-95. So there's gotta be highway access figured in also. Plus it's in Steel block country, not crates so much but not Supers either. It's not even on the Dirt Super Late Model Road Map. I guess I could have just found the middle of the USA east of the Mississippi river and used that. but I felt like reading something that wasn't about the other thing, that every other thread is about right now.

Florence or Portsmouth? That looks pretty central to me.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

I've thought a lot about this and I think it is Louisville, Kentucky.

Could be Louisville. Big town, lots of infrastructure be a good place for a shop it seems like. My line of thought on this was, If somebody in my home area was to go to, say Missouri for 2 shows Friday and Saturday, you can't go home if there's 2 shows in lets say Tennessee the next weekend, you'd spend 2x as much on fuel minimum so basically you're forced to stay on the road. If you need parts you either borrow them or have somebody get in a truck and run them to you. The closer that you are to the center of that wheel the better. When you consider that races are won in the shop more time at the shop is better.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Could be Louisville. Big town, lots of infrastructure be a good place for a shop it seems like. My line of thought on this was, If somebody in my home area was to go to, say Missouri for 2 shows Friday and Saturday, you can't go home if there's 2 shows in lets say Tennessee the next weekend, you'd spend 2x as much on fuel minimum so basically you're forced to stay on the road. If you need parts you either borrow them or have somebody get in a truck and run them to you. The closer that you are to the center of that wheel the better. When you consider that races are won in the shop more time at the shop is better.

In reverse if you're in Illinois and have 2 races on the East Coast and then the next 2 are in Georgia... See where I'm going with this.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.