Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

One more thing .i think all this stuff has killed super latemodel racing there should be a spring rule no proggresive,stacked,or bumps keep it simple the little guy that has to work 40 hours a week that has no time to test and manipulate setups with bumps and progressive springs.thats why the small time guys have left. Shocks too !

Quote Originally Posted by crownman25 View Post
    One more thing .i think all this stuff has killed super latemodel racing there should be a spring rule no proggresive,stacked,or bumps keep it simple the little guy that has to work 40 hours a week that has no time to test and manipulate setups with bumps and progressive springs.thats why the small time guys have left. Shocks too !
    I have a bigger problem with the huge bodies that create massive downforce and won't fit in the trailer anymore.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I help several race teams, all the guys that I helped last year ran a class lower than late model. This year, one of my older race acquaintances returned to dirt racing, he had been running asphalt tracks for 5+ years. He bought a 2014 rocket chassis. It is NOT a XR1, but it was supposed to be as up to date as a chassis of this age could be, and the people who were helping the previous owner are very respected in a 3 state region. Once I got up close and personal with the chassis, I was caught off guard by how different the body was. Once we began to discuss the setups that he was given for the chassis, I was really caught off guard. In other words, the stuff that won races 8-10 years ago is absolutely out to lunch now. The modern stuff that is competitive is absolutely just one huge spoiler, and the shocks and spring just keep that huge spoiler constantly up and in the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobberrr View Post
    I help several race teams, all the guys that I helped last year ran a class lower than late model. This year, one of my older race acquaintances returned to dirt racing, he had been running asphalt tracks for 5+ years. He bought a 2014 rocket chassis. It is NOT a XR1, but it was supposed to be as up to date as a chassis of this age could be, and the people who were helping the previous owner are very respected in a 3 state region. Once I got up close and personal with the chassis, I was caught off guard by how different the body was. Once we began to discuss the setups that he was given for the chassis, I was really caught off guard. In other words, the stuff that won races 8-10 years ago is absolutely out to lunch now. The modern stuff that is competitive is absolutely just one huge spoiler, and the shocks and spring just keep that huge spoiler constantly up and in the wind.
    Exactly. When I gave up on making the suspension good and turned to aero, the speed came.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I agree totally about the aero on these things. There was a reason they outlawed wedge cars years ago and it seems like it’s that’s where they are headed back to. It definitely hasn’t made the racing any better, especially on bigger tracks. Would love to see someone start taking a 2” hole saw to the noses or a minimum height to keep the noses in the air. They are so low now that if you bottom the RF it folds the nose over and your done