Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

NHRA has cancelled everything with hopes of returning in August.

Bob as far as the Stock market, it is a different animal from just the economy. A lot of foolish people are unloading stocks and smarter people are buying them BTW. As for the Stock market itself, it is always looking several months ahead. There is also a lot of foolish selling and smart buying and to some degree, the smart buying makes some quick profit and sells back. This is why the only real way to invest for the everyday worker is long term, with a suitable diversified portfolio not based on everyday market news. I know it can be a head scratcher to some why the market is doing what its doing, but its about greed for the smarter markets players and fear from those who have no business playing the market.

Social distance and LETS RACE! The problem is the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ters. I really see no problems with a concession stand. Take orders by phone and set them out for pickup. They are doing it everyday over here in town.

Charge the same for every seat and let people in! No pits or grandstands............. Open up the facility and let people live. Put a Covid 19 disclaimer on the paperwork and roll with it!
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Being open air venues you'd think there wouldn't be an issue.

TS Fan … Its always an interesting conversation to me about the stock market …. I guess im not a trusting person with my life savings … Call me crazy if you will …. Its hard for me to understand how it works with no insurance on your investment other than buying an annuity … Looks like the local dirt tracks owns / Promoters are in the same boat as investors …. Hard to see something like this coming ….
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Life savings aren't what you should be investing in the market IMO.....it's cliche , but you should invest only what you are comfortable losing.

And TS is correct......a lot of folks are making a ton of money buying cheap what the panicked is selling off.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Brush creek speedway has a court appearance today at 1 to see if they can race …

I give brushcreek credit for trying, and I hope they get to race but I doubt it happens.
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

Daugherty Speedway in Indiana is opening to fans and threatening to take it to the Supreme Court if Indiana stops them. Got a separate thread created about it but relevant here as well. Be interesting to see how this turns out.

https://racingnews.co/2020/05/07/ind...vent-sold-out/

In the facebook video he makes a good point about people per square ft in comparison to the Big box stores that are open …. His social distance and how many people are in a home depo is a good argument …. He said he could have 7k at his track after using there same numbers per sq ft ….. Looks like that's his point to make …. I think you can tune in and watch it live ….

People should be using curbside pickup or delivery more instead of going into the stores. The big difference is that people need to buy groceries and make repairs to their homes and vehicles. People don't need to go to races.

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    People should be using curbside pickup or delivery more instead of going into the stores. The big difference is that people need to buy groceries and make repairs to their homes and vehicles. People don't need to go to races.
    Do you have any idea how many people in this country are employed by the motorsports industry? What, you don't think they matter? And even though we don't "have to" go racing, it is our right as Americans. People should be going out like they normally do to keep their immune systems strong, unless they're elderly.

This guy... (Eye roll)

Yeah because racing business people should suffer.

They don't need to suffer. Our country is rich enough to support them until the pandemic has passed.

They don't need to suffer. Our country is rich enough to support them until the pandemic has passed.
    What, so another pandemic can be created to do this all over? 100,000 died 1968 from a virus, there were no restrictions on people then.

We are going to end up well past 100,000 dead from this one.

Guess that's considerably less than you originally argued about.....remember when you were giving math lessons to zero 25????

Trying to explain where the decimal should go? Think it was only 1.2 million that were supposed to die using your panicrithmatics.

But I'm probably wrong.

Maybe some of the folks that are hoarding the toilet paper, sanitizer and extra food they have stockpiled in the panic could donate some of the extra they won't need?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Guess that's considerably less than you originally argued about.....remember when you were giving math lessons to zero 25????

Trying to explain where the decimal should go? Think it was only 1.2 million that were supposed to die using your panicrithmatics.

But I'm probably wrong.
    Probably why he stopped posting so much here like had been doing.