Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default Racing / No fans

A local track has announced its going to do a race with only cars / crew members - No fans in the stands …. Online pay per view ….https://www.facebook.com/brushcreekm...rts/?ref=br_rs
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Awesome! Quite a haul for me, but the longer this goes on nothing is out of range. I hope other tracks soon follow suit. Good luck to them!

Has anyone used Pit Row tv. Is it a good service. That is who is doing ppv for this.

My first thought is to support my local track …. Yea ..Id pay $ 25 to watch a race …Looks like I get 90 days for the subscription / race pass …. With 5 or more tracks in the area this could be how racing is for now … I've seen on facebook a lot of tracks are doing private testing ….So i'm sure they all need some cash flow right now … May 9 is just a few weeks away ….

I applaud their efforts but I don't see it lasting long. It's hard for a track to survive without the revenue from fans in the stands and concessions.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsracing View Post
    I applaud their efforts but I don't see it lasting long. It's hard for a track to survive without the revenue from fans in the stands and concessions.
    Exactly. Alot of money going out and not alot coming in.

The tracks don't have any income right now other than private practice …. It appears this is going to be the norm till our local government allow them to open …. Without an income they all close … I just read Atomic speedway & MRP are opening in may also ….I would assume this is what they are going to do also ….

One thing that will help the tracks a bit is that they will be able to operate on race nights with fewer expenses. Limited or no concessions & fan related personnel. Obviously income isn't as high, but that side of the equation should have lower expenses. I also think due to the pent up demand, these PPV's will be supported much better than in normal times.

I don't think Atomic is starting until June 20th. They announced on facebook live over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I don't think Atomic is starting until June 20th. They announced on facebook live over the weekend.
    Yep he said realistically June 21 could be the opener with the Atomic 100 the following weekend.

Short tracks have to have fans in the stands, unless they can find a way to do a PPV and make some money from that. NASCAR can do this because they have a TV contract. There could be a crown jewel race that may do no fans and PPV.

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    Short tracks have to have fans in the stands, unless they can find a way to do a PPV and make some money from that. NASCAR can do this because they have a TV contract. There could be a crown jewel race that may do no fans and PPV.
    We have a few tracks trying to go against that way of thinking. It all comes down to how little they can convince racers to race for.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

My 2 cents that nobody asked for is...once a couple tracks start opening...it will blow wide open. As long as people act sensible....they should be able to put some fans in the stands spaced out a little. Charge a little more admission and let them bring in a small cooler of food....anything that makes it so everybody wins. It can be done. Just need some common sense cooperation.

The new MRP has opening day May 2 nd ….https://www.facebook.com/newmrp/

I applaud the effort, their trying to do something, it may or may not work.

Brushcreek is trying the same thing on May 9th.

As Rideheight says, common sense will help everyone out.

Some interesting things i have heard thou, is PPV thru the Legends car Snaction, cant remember the name, something about Pit Lane or ??

Another was online pit pass app, now this is sweet, because herding up at the pit gate is annoying at best, waiting for them to round up everyone out of the pits etc to pay.

Just say no...

Tennessee looks to open as normal may 1st
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

The sprint and mod race in South Dakota is now racing with no fans in the stands

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Tennessee looks to open as normal may 1st
    We'll see about that. The governor has not set any guidelines yet. Still waiting.

Port Royal has suspended all racing plans for the season until further notice

Southern Raceway (Hunt The Front's home track) is doing this May 2nd charging $15 for the PPV. Heard EAMS was going to do something similar.

As of Monday earlier this week, Southern Raceway say they have over 90 drivers already signed up so the drivers certainly seem on board.
    Last edited by weatherman85; 04-23-2020 at 12:57 PM.